TouchyFM

Reaction score
**Well, after the first save file corrupted, I've had to start again, I'm going to make sure it creates a new file for ever save (which I already thought it did). The OP's the same; I'll probably just edit the pre-season bit because I doubt much was different apart from pre-season results.**

Anyway, I've been through a period where I completely disliked the game, I wasn't enjoying it. But a recent save with Northampton (currently in 2026: Premier League champions!) has brought me back into it, and I've wanted a new challenge.

Many of you will have heard about Parma's financial plight in recent months and years. They have a net debt of nearly £75m at the moment, and I've stumbled across a data edit file that has replicated these events. I've also tweaked it a bit, but basically, Parma have no money, and owe a lot. There is no money to spend, and none of the money made through transfers is re-allocated into my transfer budget. This will be one **** of a task.

In game, Parma are in administration: the main aim will be to exit that (probably through a takeover) and then try and build this once very good side into European champions. This won't be easy, I'll be on the definition of a shoestring budget, in fact, the shoestring has nearly completely worn out - financial management will be paramount. Therefore, I have set myself some rules that will help keep Parma in the black once we get there:

-No signings to be made that exceed the value of £8m;
-No new signing or new contract offer may have a weekly wage of more that £25k p/w;
-All offers that are received that are double the value of a player must be accepted, regardless of the player;
-No agent may receive more than £500k in fees, whilst the maximum appearance fee is £2k.

These rules are pretty stringent in all honesty, and will be incredibly hard to meet, which means that youth development must be key (it must be noted that the facilities of Parma in the data editor have been made worse for cost purposes).

So they're the rules of the challenge/story: and here's a bit about Parma itself:

View attachment 813191

Competition History

View attachment 813197

As you can see, Parma haven't been incredibly successful domestically, they've never won the Serie A, which gives me an opportunity to create by own legacy, whilst 3 Coppa Italia's isn't too much to boast about. However, the 2 Europa League (then UEFA Cup) victories in the 1990s are a very nice piece of history to have in the back pocket.

First Season Aims

Obviously the first season aim is to just stay up, 17th place would be fantastic. There's no doubt I'll have to sell my key players, well the administrator will, to keep our heads above water financially. Parma also have to pay most of their debts back by the end of the season if they want to compete in the Serie A next season, so I've added that to the £25.3m they owe to the bank and the state, to make things extra hard.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it, and the next update will be all of the pre-season news (there could be a lot) and any signings we make, there probably won't be as many of those.

Last edited:
PRE-SEASON ROUND-UP

So, it's the 30th August (my birthday) and we're just one day away from our opening Serie A game at home to Sampdoria. As you can see from the image below, we had a rather fantastic pre-season. It's nice to know that the system I'm looking to deploy is working (so far).

View attachment 283582

Transfer dealings

This is the section where I'd like you to welcome our new signings, all 0 of them. Yes that's right, as expected, we've not been able to sign anyone, and I'm actually really disappointed that we didn't make any money from sales. The players' commitment has been highlighted, with a few players rejecting moves away (b***ards). In all honesty, the squad is generally quite weak, but I think we can get some money from Ishak Belfodil and Antonio Mirante, both will be key for the coming season.

(We need one to stop the goals, and one to score them)

This save has already hit a turning point: we've had a takeover, and the new chairman doesn't like me. I got the dreaded news item that I was going to be replaced, and a decision still hasn't been made. However, the youth facilities are now being upgraded, that is very good news.

So with a pretty poor squad in terms of strength in depth, we really have to get off to a strong start against Sampdoria, they're a decent side and will probably challenge for Europa League football, but I believe we can get the win, even if we have to play some pretty boring football to get it (hoofball up to Belfodil).

Last edited:
SERIE A MATCHDAY 1

View attachment 283579View attachment 283578

I don't know what happened to the strong, defensive Parma from the previous thread, but we completely collapsed today. Eder was too good but the defending was the worst part, no real intent to close players down. I thought we could launch a second half comeback thanks to the penalty, but those hopes were stifled by more poor defending, allowing Eto'o to score and Eder to finish it off (even though it was given as an own goal). We pulled one back through Andrea Costa's header from a corner, but much has to improve.

I'm really not looking forward to the Lazio game now, if we defend like we did today, we could conceded into double digits. I'm just hoping we can use the 2 week break to familiarise the tactics, as I only set them midway through pre-season, so they're nowhere near fully learnt.

Last edited:
SERIE A MATCHDAY 2

View attachment 283566View attachment 283565

This was a very nice result and it was good to get the first point on the board. Belfodil rounded off a nice team move to put us 1-0 up after just three minutes. We could have extended our lead but Francesco Lodi's free-kick struck the bar. Lazio put more pressure on us second half, and Candreva smashed the bar, and just a minute later, Felipe Anderson smashed in from Candreva's cross. A point was probably about right, we didn't do enough to win the game, and nor did Lazio.

After the disappointment of the Sampdoria game, I'd have taken anything but a hammering today. So the fact we got a point is very pleasing indeed. If we can replicate this performance against Torino then I think we've got a great chance of a first three points.

Last edited:
SERIE A MATCHDAY 3

View attachment 283563View attachment 283562

Our first win comes at the hands of a solid Torino side, and both sides put defence first. They nearly took the lead after 2 minutes when Omar El-Kaddouri's 25 yard strike was tipped onto the post by Mirante. The game was actually really boring, but that changed in the 73rd minute when captain Lucarelli headed in a Lodi free-kick. We immediately parked the bus whilst Torino threw everything at us (they doubled their shot count in the last 15 minutes), but they were unable to create anything meaningful and we held out comfortably.

3 points are obviously quite nice to take into the Napoli game. One of the reasons why we'd struggled defensively in the past couple of games was that I forgot to set my opposition instructions, which are paramount for my tactic to work - they were set today, and the shot count was 8-9 in their favour, whilst in the last two games the opposition were allowed far too many attempts. Anyway, enough rambling: we have to move onto the next game against AC Milan, and hopefully win!

Last edited:
SERIE A MATCHDAY 4

View attachment 283519View attachment 283518

What a win, and it wasn't even a smash and grab, we dominated the game. We defended so well it was unbelievable, and Belfodil's goal was all from a fantastic counter-attack, started by Milan loanee Antonio Nocerino, who won the ball back on the edge of our area. The game itself was pretty turgid, and we got a penalty for a handball, which Lodi comfortably dispatched. Stephan El Shaarawy made things a little nervy as he headed in a Jeremy Menez cross, but we were helped in seeing out the game as Milan had both Cristian Zaccardo and Alex sent of for two bookings.

Two wins on the bounce and things are looking up after just the one point in six. Beating a side like Milan at the San Siro gives me great confidence for the rest of the season, and I really think we can pick up all three points against Sassuolo at home next time out.

SERIE A MATCHDAY 5

View attachment 283489View attachment 283488

There's only one word to describe this game: terrible. Nothing happened, both sides were flat and uninterested. Simone Zaza hit the bar midway through the second half but that was about it in terms of goalmouth action. I thought we'd won it when veteran Tomas Daniveliciuis swept home in the 90th minute, but he was offside.

Well 8 points out of 12 is by no means a bad achievement, but we really should be beating the likes of Sassuolo, even though they were 3rd going into the game. Up next is Napoli away, which we'll probably do well to draw.

SEPTEMBER REVIEW

So with September done, there has been quite a bit of upheaval at the club. We've been bought out and we had to take out a CVA agreement which allowed us to continue running as a club. We have quite a bit of money in the bank, but remember, I have to keep this financial situation positive, and not be too erratic. A big problem I have is that 80% of my key players are ageing; I'm someone who doesn't particularly like playing players who are 32+, some of my players will be at that stage soon. That means I have to try really hard to make sure that every youth intake we get 2 or 3 players that can become key players for us in the future. In terms of results, we've P5 W2 D2 L1. Fantastic form so far which is definitely better than relegation form. However, we can't become complacent, and we have to take things one game at a time, and play to win. Here's the overview of the results so far:

View attachment 283282

If we take a look at the league table, there are a few shocks. Sampdoria, who beat us 4-2 on the opening day, lead the way from Roma, who beat Juventus 1-0 away. Sassuolo are flying high, which makes that 0-0 draw look like a pretty good result. We're in 8th, which is not bad at all; the board want me to get mid-table, and it'd be thrilled if I could achieve that. Two of the biggest surprises so far are the failings of the Milan clubs so far. Inter struggling in 13th but AC Milan second bottom so far with just one point from five games; still, our 2-1 win over them was incredible.

View attachment 283280

The players are playing pretty well, we're losing a few to many central midfield battles so we need to improve on that front. Ishak Belfodil has scored a couple and has generally played quite well. Our defence has been incredibly solid so far apart from in the 4-2 defeat to Sampdoria, but that was mainly my fault.

In October, these are our fixtures:

Napoli (A)
Udinese (H)
Fiorentina (A)
Chievo (H)

These are a tough set of fixtures, and I'm only realistically aiming for 4 points. We should beat Chievo and get at least a point against Udinese. I'm fully expecting defeats against Napoli and Fiorentina, but who knows?

FORZA PARMA

SERIE A MATCHDAY 6

View attachment 283248View attachment 283247

There was no shame in losing today, Napoli aren't a bad side, but I was disappointing we weren't as solid in defence as we have been in recent weeks. Massimo Coda gave us a surprise 12th minute lead, and we're normally really good at getting a result from winning positions. However, Dries Mertens was in imperious form and we just couldn't deal with him, he was incredible. The game was actually quite tight, but whenever he was in possession, they created chances. It was an expected defeat, but there were definitely positives.

We have two of ever result now, which leaves us still on 8 points (7 as we have a 1 point deduction). We could really do with getting a victory at home to Udinese next time out to get that winning feeling back, but I still think we've made a very positive start so far.

SERIE A MATCHDAY 7

View attachment 283240View attachment 283239

Anyone who follows me on Twitter will not I love defensive football, and 1-0 wins; so this win was perfect in that regard. It was a comfortable win in a game where Udinese never threatened us. Coda hit the bar in the first half whilst Belfodil missed a sitter. I thought we might only get an unjust draw, but Coda rounded off a nice team move with a good finish. Nice to win and we're 3/4 of the way to the points target.

Another win and we're starting to grow in confidence. It won't be easy away at Fiorentina but we've not done too badly against big teams away from home this season. They're three places below us so we'll have plenty of confidence, but I'm praying for a draw.

SERIE A MATCHDAY 8 & 9

2 matches for the price of one, aren't you guys lucky? ;)

View attachment 283236View attachment 283235
This was gut wrenching, fair play to Fiorentina, they were absolutely brilliant in the first half, and if it wasn't for Mirante we would've been 3-0 down. At half-time, I changed things tactically, encouraged the lads, and we matched Fiorentina for 47 minutes, but a hoof forwards, and a mix up between Mirante and Andrea Costa allowed ex-Parma legend Alberto Gilardino to pass into an empty net, gutting :( - I didn't even know Gilardino was still playing, loved that guy when I was younger.

I wanted a point, and we were seconds from getting it; our second half performance was really positive but in the first half it was so lethargic that I'm a bit worried for the rest of the first halves in the season. Anyway, Chievo next, and I'm hoping it will be a simple three points...

AND NOW, MATCHDAY 9..

View attachment 283234View attachment 283233
This draw probably feels worse than the last minute defeat against Fiorentina, as Chievo are a side we should really be beating. The action all took place in the first ten minutes. Left back Massimo Gobbi swept us in front after just two minutes after a nice move. Former Inter Milan winger Ezequiel Schelotto headed in from a free-kick to equalise. We had a control of the game but both sides failed to carve out any good opportunities, which is disappointing.

Let's just say we're not a very entertaining team, but I don't care, points are points at the end of the day. Yes we hit the 4 points target for this month but it could easily have been 7. All we need to do is maintain our good solid performances and the wins should come thick and fast. October review to come, hope you're all enjoying it!

BREAKING NEWS

Before I do my October update, I'll just show you guys a message I've just received...

View attachment 283191
This is very positive news indeed as there are quite a few areas of the squad that need strengthening. We could do with a good striker, centre midfielder and centre back. If I can get two players that suit those positions in January I'll be very happy indeed. Luckily, no-one at the club is on £25k p/w+ at the moment; Mirante is my highest earner at £20k. Let's hope I can find players that stick to the rules!

Great news! Hopefully you'll identify some good targets. Anyone in mind?

Great news! Hopefully you'll identify some good targets. Anyone in mind?

I haven't looked at anyone yet, the only people who are really available are in positions I can fill in the summer, I've just had a game where both of my strikers have scored so maybe that's not so important haha

OCTOBER REVIEW

We managed to hit the target of 4 points from 4 games this month thanks to a win against Udinese and a frustrating draw against Chievo. We were so close to a point against Fiorentina it was unreal, but that's football. We're coming up against a really hard month, but more of that later, let's quickly check the results of October:

View attachment 815703
We were pretty solid defensively apart from the Napoli game, but 3 goals in 4 matches is quite concerning, and we may have to use some of that £13m to bring in a regular goalscorer. Those 4 points have left the league table looking like this:

View attachment 283175
12th place is pretty good, at the moment, my job security is 'untouchable' which means I must be doing something right. AC Milan are still doing absolutely sh**e, I didn't expect that, they still haven't won. Empoli won their first match by thrashing Roma 4-0, crazy! We have to make sure that we don't fold this month, because these are our games:

Genoa(A)
Roma (H)
Juventus (A)
Inter Milan (H)

That just makes me shudder. An Empoli-like result against Roma wouldn't be bad, Genoa is winnable as they're just above the relegation zone. Inter haven't set the world alight so we could get something there, but we're going to lose to Juventus, plain and simple. My points target for this month is 4 again, I feel we could steal a point against either Roma or Inter, and we should beat Genoa, here's hoping!

FORZA PARMA

Last edited:
SERIE A MATCHDAY 10

View attachment 283160View attachment 283159

Yes we won this game but I'm not happy. 4-1 up and we let it slip to 4-3. It was a great game for the neutral but not for me. We were poor at the back and that needs addressing, but we scored 4 so every cloud and everything. Lodi scored a great free-kick after 8 minutes, then he hit the bar from one 2 minutes later and Coda missed the rebound which was a sitter. They grabbed an equaliser through a Boriello tap in, and then the game changed. We counter-attacked them to death and grabbed a deserved 4-1 lead. However, we went too defensive and gave them all the time in the world, and they punished us to set up a nervy finish, but we just about held on.

Defending in this game wasn't helped by them playing this formation:

View attachment 283157

I'll say no more.

Is your plan to buy young and developing them, then sell them for a profit?

Is your plan to buy young and developing them, then sell them for a profit?

That will be the primary objective, but if I need to buy experience I will. I'll also like to develop my own players through the academy rather than just bring in youngsters.

SERIE A MATCHDAY 11

View attachment 283144View attachment 283143
I went into this game with very little expectation in getting a result, and Roma were just the better team on the day. Tiago Motta scored an absolute screamer after 9 minutes which just set the tone for the rest of the day. Roma legend Francesco Totti netted from the spot to seal the win for Roma, and it was ultimately really comfortable for them - we never really tested their keeper.

We're going to have to improve for the Juventus game next, we weren't bad but we could've been so much better, I'm actually really nervous for the Juve match, it could be a cricket score.

SERIE A MATCHDAY 12

View attachment 283136View attachment 283135

W O W. I cannot believe we got a point against Juventus. Stats wise we were absolutely battered: 36 shots to 6, but 1 clear cut chance apiece shows we were always in the game. Vidal had their best chance when his snap-shot from 12 yards was saved by Mirante. Coda forced Buffon into a great save in the second half, an Andrea Costa clipped the bar from the resulting corner. All in all, quite an incredible result.

This result should provide massive confidence going into the Inter game. I don't think it'll go quite as badly as the Roma match, but I'm still not expecting a win either.