Silent Hill: Downpour - XBOX 360/PS3

Lol_101

Reaction score
silent-hill-downpour-wallpaper-2-hd-1080p.jpg

Anyone got/getting this game? I liked the previous ones, and Im looking forward to Downpour :D Probably one of the most scariest game series I have played in my life (6)

[video=youtube;OLruIB8fZpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLruIB8fZpY[/video]​

Last edited:
I am a huge fan of Silent Hill, always have been, #2 was the best though then the Room! Have played them all, I currently have Homecoming in my Ps3 collection at home, have not played it just yet but will play it before getting this though!

IGN rating:

Presentation
The story in Silent Hill Downpour isn’t half bad, and watching Murphy’s past unfold is one of the more compelling elements in the game, but the half-baked inclusion of choice options feels tacked on.

Graphics

Some cool design ideas that ultimately fall apart under technical issues and drab, boring visuals. Polish problems like framerate stutters and freezing can have a detrimental effect on the gameplay.

Sound

The music effects are fairly sparse aside from some creepy sound effects here and there to set the mood, and the Korn theme song likely isn’t for everyone. The voice work is hit and miss.

Gameplay
A heavy reliance on sub-par combat and dull exploration elements make this one a frustrating bore to play.
4.5Lasting Appeal
Downpour isn’t terribly long, but completing the extra side missions will extend the experience. Unfortunately, that experience is still deeply flawed.

worst Silent Hill made!

IGN rating:

Presentation
The story in Silent Hill Downpour isn’t half bad, and watching Murphy’s past unfold is one of the more compelling elements in the game, but the half-baked inclusion of choice options feels tacked on.

Graphics

Some cool design ideas that ultimately fall apart under technical issues and drab, boring visuals. Polish problems like framerate stutters and freezing can have a detrimental effect on the gameplay.

Sound

The music effects are fairly sparse aside from some creepy sound effects here and there to set the mood, and the Korn theme song likely isn’t for everyone. The voice work is hit and miss.

Gameplay
A heavy reliance on sub-par combat and dull exploration elements make this one a frustrating bore to play.
4.5Lasting Appeal
Downpour isn’t terribly long, but completing the extra side missions will extend the experience. Unfortunately, that experience is still deeply flawed.

worst Silent Hill made!

lol i also saw that too in ignXD

and its down to the new developers, Vatra games. They should have left Konami do the rest.

Konami rocks, not sure why they tried to outsource it, dont try and fix something that aint broke!!

Is "The Room" the one where you start in a room with a hole in the bathroom or somthing Neil?

IGN rating:

Presentation

Graphics

Sound

Gameplay
4.5Lasting Appeal

worst Silent Hill made!

IGN are bad.

Review scores from other sites seem to be around the 7/10 mark.

Resident Evil > Silent Hill..

But at least Silent Hill offer the horror that Resident Evil has been lacking for the past few years.

Also, Raikan, don't listen to IGN, they're full of ****. They give games like MW3 10/10 and give good games **** ratings just for the publicity. They're dicks.

Is "The Room" the one where you start in a room with a hole in the bathroom or somthing Neil?

It is.. That game was amazing.

But at least Silent Hill offer the horror that Resident Evil has been lacking for the past few years.

Also, Raikan, don't listen to IGN, they're full of ****. They give games like MW3 10/10 and give good games **** ratings just for the publicity. They're dicks.

Thats the only SH game I've played properly. i'm not into that kind of game or horror stuff really but The Room seemed really good for the bit I played. Had an atmosphere about it

the last i saw was some thing like 9.5/10 for MW3 :S

but yeah i agree on your point on how they rate some of those games.

I agree Andy, I do use them as a benchmark however when deciding which game to buy (if not any of my favorite series)

I recently bought Infamous 2, Red Dead Redemption as I loved Infamous and have heard the greatest things about RDR!

I do agree with IGN most of the time as my reviews would be fairly similar, Demons Souls, finished it over the weekend, best game ever created (apart from MGS and ME) 9.4/10, I agree with everything they mentioned about flaws etc

Also, RE has seriously lost its horror/survivor mechanism since RE4 came out! Its more of an action game now, RE5 was cool but lacked any real scares, SH still manage to play with your psyche a lot better!

Might buy Downpour when it comes available on 2nd hand or something for like R199 (£20)