siim93

Reaction score
It's preseason and I'm looking to replace Son as AML. Currently Chadli has been playing excellent as my first choice. My main tactic is quite direct high-pressing 4-2-3-1 but I want to build a back-up possession based 4-1-2-3 to make use of my many DM options and have a backup plan when main tactic fails. The thing is that Son isn't a good passer (10) and lacks in mental department (decisions and vision 9, det 10). I also don't see he justifies his 120k p/w wages.

He is valued at €45M and I have so far failed to attract bids close to this except ManU who failed contract negotiations. Atm Bayern has offered 22M up front and potential value of 42M after addons.

Potential replacements:
- J. Ibe - great potential HG, but still raw
- Bernard - already great IF, but lacks balance (5) and strength ( 6) compared to Son. Don't know how much it effects in his position. Better determination but worse professionalism.
- M. Depay - excellent talent, although lacks decisions (10) and asks for huge wages (150k-195k)
- B. Keita - very good all-round attributes but injury prone

I have already missed out on Felipe Anderson (probably the best option but bought quickly by City) and Berardi, Lincoln has WP issues, Coman on loan and many players are just stupidly expensive or have no interest.

Or maybe I should give Son a chance for another season. I have seen him perform very well under other managers and I don't even know how big impact his either-footedness has in his role.

Please give some help in this decision and feel free to recomment other players (even AMR as Lamela and Townsend can be moved to the left). New signing should have a good personality or able to be tutored.

Edit: €80M transfer budget

Last edited:
Would probably go for Depay out of your options even though he demands some pretty high wages but compared to Son, these wages should reflect his attributes and output better.
Otherwise check if Sofiane Boufal developed resonably at Lille - he shouldn't demand as high wages as Memphis and is pretty good.

Depay is an absolute monster, easily one of the best AML in the game from the start and gets better, also fantastic at ST (depending on the role).

Bernard is another excellent player, should be really good at AMC as a backup to Eriksen.

Both are huge upgrades over Son.

Well actually wages are a problem as I'm already on the limit of FFP and only Fazio certain to leave. Btw what are the odds of getting Neymar moving away from Barca in the future?