Metz

Reaction score
There should be the chance for someone to be able to choose a team on the first day of transfers and on the day when transfers end.

That way one can choose who he actually wants to buy or just start the game after all purchases are done. Purchases done before the start of transfer date can be cancelled on the start date if they are in progress. Already accepted transfers can't be stopped.

This would be a good idea for FM.. But I am not sure if its possible to edit in FM2012, since I read something among the lines about changing dates and such.

well u can change the date of the transfers of the player, like if u dont want him to come right on 1 of july, u cna edit it via fmtre and seet it like may be august 1. but it should be along the windows day, not when its closed.

But I mean the problem with starting right when the transfer date starts is that it takes into account all transfers for clubs done in between the start date and end date of the transfers. This gives you a whole two months to transfer even more players in.

That's why I think its better if you get to start on day 1 of transfer date with a bank full of money and none of the current transfers... or to start the day after transfers end with all your new players set in already.

In FM2011, you started in June or July and it didn't show the 2010 World cup games and it already had Spain as the winner of the last game.. This is similar to what I'm talking about.

doesnt really matter IMo. it think what currently set is still okay.

You have the option to not allow transfer budgets in the first season, if that's what you mean?

But then you would be playing friendly matches in the summer time with players you didn't have "yet".

I guess the ideal thing is to not allow transfer budgets in the first season.

Good idea, but I doubt SI will make this function. This way, if you liked a challenge, you could manage teams like Plymouth or even Arsenal (who have sold some key players) and try and replace them.

The function stated above only let's you have the team already set, but there is no function to let you start at the start of the transfer window (or even World Cup) and do all the transfers for your team. Not that effective, but I guess it's all right.

It wouldn't be that hard to implement.. All it is is just a "number" in which you start in.

It should at least be moddable.

considering people have been doing transfer updates for teh summer window for fm11 i'm surprised no-one's made a transfer downdate (or whatever it would be called) so you do have the players that were there at the start of the window and the budgets that the managers had then.