Real Madrid Club de Fútbol

Founded:

League:
Liga BBVA, Spain

Stadium:
Santiago Bernabeu
80,354 (capacity)

Rivals:
Barcelona, Atletico de Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Bayern München, Athletic Club de Bilbao, Osasuna.

Media prediction:
2:nd

View attachment 284361

Expectations & economi:

When it comes to the expectations of the season it is all clear, "la derrota no es una opcion" or translated to english "defeat is not an option". Florentino Perez, Real Madrid's president, is expecting you to win the league and do it with style. Taking a look at the Liga BBVA teams it is not an impossibility with the team that you posses in charge of Real Madrid. Your main rival is of course FC Barcelona, Real Madrids bitter rivals and loosing out the title to the Catalans isn't something that the fans will take with ease. Besides FC Barcelona there are some teams that may pose a threat but nothing that you can't overcome. The teams I'm talking about is Valencia, Atletico de Madrid, Sevilla & Athletic de Bilbao.

So what do you get to spend with the expectations? You will receive £4,34 m. in transferbudget with a wagebudget of £2,15 m/w. in total, with the club spending £1,93 m/w. at the begining of the game. I must say that it is a bit dissapointing to "only" get £4,34 m. in transferbudget since there is almost nothing which means that you can't put your own "touch" on the team. Even though I like it in a way, at the same time. Since then you won't be making any bigger changes to an already complete team. But of course if you feel that it is necessary you can always sell of a couple of players. But what you get with Real Madrid is an complete team with all you can wish for. The economic state in Spain is very well reflecting the budgets of most of the teams. At the start of the game Real Madrid has an positive balance with £64,282,264, and knowing the money you will get from ticket sales and sponsordeals you won't feel any big pressure holding tightly and saving your money.

View attachment 284361

Squad: (Underlined words/names are clickable for screeenshot.)

Goalkeepers:

#1. Iker Casillas
#13. Antonio Adan

Central defenders:

#2.Raphaël Varane
#3. Pepe
#4. Sergio Ramos
#11. Ricardo Carvalho
#18. Raul Albiol
#-. Nacho

Fullbacks:

#5.Fabio Coentrão
#12. Marcelo
#17. Alvaro Arbeloa

Defensive midfielder:

#6. Sami Khedira
#14. Xabi Alonso
#15. Michael Essien

Attacking midfielder:

#8. Kaká
#10. Mesut Özil
#19. Luka Modric

Wingers:

#7.Cristiano Ronaldo
#21. José Callejon
#22. Angel Di Maria

Attackers:

#9. Karim Benzema
#20. Gonzalo Higuaín
#-. Alvaro Morata

Promising youngsters:

#-. Alex Fernandez
#-. Cristian Benavente
#-. Derik Osede Prieto
#-. Enzo Zidane
#-. Iván Sáez
#-. Jesé Rodrigues
#-. José Rodríguez
#-. Raúl de Tomás

Taking a look at the various sections of the squad you see a really competetive and outstanding squad. With world-class players in every position, with some players standing out from the rest. The current squad will without doubt be able to overcome Barcelona for the Spanish liga title aswell go far in Champions League, if not winning at least semi-final.

View attachment 284361

Suggested Tactics:

Tactic 1:
Own made tactic, which I will be using in home games against most of the opponents and maybe some "easier" away games.

Tactic 2:
Not my tactic so won't be taking any credit. The credit should go to Rodrigo4073, in the forum. The tactic can you find HERE! Will most likely be used in tougher away games.

Tactic 3:
Yet again not my tactic, so all the credit goes to Raikan007. The tactic can be found HERE! I have made some slight changes to the tactic, but I am yet to have tried the second or the third tactic fully yet. Might update if I come to the conclusion that the tactics doesn't fit in playing with Real Madrid or something like that.

View attachment 284361

Suggested transfers:

Transfers out:

Ricardo Carvalho | £1,4 m. | Getting old and won't be getting much playtime. Pulling big wages(£83,000/weak).
Raul Albiol | £8 m. | I find Varane much more reliable and has a brighter future. Will get you some transfermoney.
Kaká | £15 m. | If you can find a buyer, I would recommend you selling. Since you have Özil & Modric to use.
Alvaro Morata | Loan | If you want him to get more playtime you should loan him out or move him to Castilla.
Raphaël Varane | Loan | Should you decide to keep both Carvalho & Albiol, loaning out Varane might be worth considering.

Transfers in:

With the transferbudget the first year of £4,34 m. you won't be able to work miracles at the first transferwindow. If you don't decide to sell Kaká, Albiol and Carvalho. My main focus the first year was bringing in bright future talents, that you can develope into world-class players without paying much for them. Below follows transferstargets for the first window, whom is worth considering.

Alen Halilovic | £500,000 | The next "Luka Modric" and for only £500k, he surely is a bargain. Won't arrive until 2014.
Adryan | £875,000 | Cheap wonderkid that instantly can make an impact. If not why not use him in Castilla or Real Madrid C?
Andreas Cornelius | £2 m. | Castilla is lacking firepower, so if you decide not to send Alvaro Morata back "down" he will surely get them for Castilla. Which will help keeping them up.
Alan Dzagoev | Free | A talented attacking midfielder whom can arrive for free in January. If you don't decide to use him you can sell him and earn good money.
Jores Okore | £1,3 m. | Talented centerback that you can bring in for Castilla to use, if you doesn't send Nacho back down.
George Green | £500,000 | Bargain and will become class with the right toutoring.

Future transfers:

Beñat | £17,5 m. | A real good deep-lying playmaker. Whom would be an perfect longterm replacement for Xabi Alonso.
Marouane Fellaini | +£20 m. | Not cheap, but in my opinion worth the money. Essien will return to Chelsea after his loan-spell and Fellaini would give Khedira a fight for a place in the starting eleven.
Javi Martinez | +£30m. ? | Won't go cheap, but spaniard and the same playing style as Fellaini.
Daniel Carvajal | £5,75 m. | Former canterano and right back. A position which need strenghtening.
Isco | £17,5 m. | Next spanish wonderkid, will become world-class. Must buy!!
Rodrigo Moreno | +£20 m. | Former canterano and a player that can be uttilized at number of positions.
Fernando Llorente | Free or cheaply in January | At the prize you can get Llorente he is totally a bargain. Spaniard and give you more depth in attack, as a target man. Might push Morata to the side, which is worth thinking of.

As you can see I prefer spanish players, since they will adapt easily into the club. The center of midfield and the right back is the two biggest "issues" that you have to find players for in the future. Apart from theese players I have some favourites worth taking a look at; Neymar, Gareth Bale, Iñigo Martinez, Kurt Zouma, Ruben Pardo, Josip Radosevic for example. I would suggest try bringing young future talents to develope and slowly play them into the team.

View attachment 284361

Staff:

First team staff
Not the best staff, you should bring in several more coaches to help you with training.
Suggested staff: Paul Winsper, José Segura, Angel Vales, Valdir de Moraes, Johan Cruijff, Franco Tancredi, Anselmo Sbragliga & Francisco Ayestaran.

Youth team staff
Not the biggest youth team staff, you should get in some coaches here aswell.
Suggested staff: Guti

Scouts
More depth here than in any of the other staff positions. Although you might bring in some more wellknown and experienced names.
Suggested scouts: Ronaldo, Jimmy Hampson, Steve Nickson & Ivan Zamorano.

View attachment 284361

Extra notes:

- One of the first things you should do is that you should talk to your board and tell them to upgrade your Youth facility. Which will mean that every facility and recruitments etc. is in tip-top shape.
- Look for another feeder club won't hold your clubs progress down. With some luck you will get a good feeder club that you can bring in future talents from.
- Since Real Madrid Castilla is playing in the second division in Spain, you should bring in many future talents whom can develope in Real Madrid Castilla or Real Madrid C, the third team of Real Madrid which plays in the spanish third division.
- Develope the future wonderkids you possess in the youth system.
- Let the legends come home! Such as Raúl, Guti, Michel Salgado and other Real Madrid legends.

View attachment 284361

I hope that the Real Madrid team guide has been usefull, feel free to comment misstakes or suggestions or even questions surrounding Real Madrid. Post your success etc. in this thread aswell if you like to.

Thanks, and HALA MADRID!

View attachment 284361

“I apologize to the fans, Please don't forget this, I owe you a Final” - Cristiano Ronaldo

"Why put another layer of gold on the Bentley, when you are loosing the entire engine?" - Zinedine Zidane

"Hasta final, vamos Real!"

"The whole world knows that I am a Madridista by heart; White until the death" - Iker Casillas

“When you put on this shirt, you know that you’ve arrived at the very top. There is no greater honour.” - Sergio Ramos

View attachment 284361

Hala Madrid!

Last edited:
Man this is an excellent guide very nice format and all. Hope to see more guides from you.

Man this is an excellent guide very nice format and all. Hope to see more guides from you.

Thank you, really appreciate it! Figured I would start with making an Guide of the favourite team since it's alot easier. Might consider making future guides! :)

Just realized that the screenshots that I've taken is with Football Manager with Swedish language. So unless you speak/understands swedish it won't make much sense. But the screenshots of the players might not be that important, since almost everyone has the game. If you don't I can easily take new ones. Regarding the tactics and the other screenshots just say if you would like it in English and I will fix it! Enjoy, and don't be afraid to discuss! :)

Tactic 1 is a really wierd formation lol. Did you have much success with that?

Oh and the screenshots are fine as long as you can see the staff names and player stats it should not really matter what language all the other stuff is in.

Haha, it sure is! :D To be honest it has worked really well so far, but won't draw any big conclusions. Hasn't played that much, but all the pre-season matches have been won and I've kept a clean-sheet in all those matches. After that it was time for the first El Clasico at Camp Nou, a match that we won 5-2, which was a great result with Ronaldo scoring twice and Karim Benzema netting a hat-trick. But something that needs to be pointed out is that Messi and Xavi didn't play the game due to injuries, so that surely had an effect. Just wanted to try out the tactic in an difficult away game. The second match that I've played, which is the latest match aswell, was against Valencia at the Santiago Bernabeu were I completely trashed them winning 4-0, after goals from Özil, Khedira, Benzema and Ronaldo. 27-4 and 12-2 in Shots and Shots on target. Possesion was 63% against 37%. But will keep testing and playing with the tactic, will take a screenshot of the results later on. Started a new save so doesn't play anymore on the one that I had played these matches. (Made some bad transfers, so started fresh to see what I could do.)

OK, sounds good! Guess thats the most important thing, so.. Not to late to learn Swedish though! ;)

Yeah forgot about writing about the players such as Benat, Fellaini and Bale. They will most likely be tempted and request a transfer in the first window in order to move to teams like Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United. Due to lack of funds you might consider praising the players and then putting in a bid for them. Give them a great contract-offer and when you get a message saying you don't have enough money to proceed with the transfer you reject. In my experience the other clubs will drop their interest and the players will remain at respective clubs until you can afford them!

Yeah forgot about writing about the players such as Benat, Fellaini and Bale. They will most likely be tempted and request a transfer in the first window in order to move to teams like Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United. Due to lack of funds you might consider praising the players and then putting in a bid for them. Give them a great contract-offer and when you get a message saying you don't have enough money to proceed with the transfer you reject. In my experience the other clubs will drop their interest and the players will remain at respective clubs until you can afford them!

if it was me, I would let Raul, Guti and Salgado have one more roll at the dice for a UCL medal ;)

Last edited:
if it was me, I would let Raul, Guti and Salgado one more roll at the dice at a UCL medal ;)

In FM12 I did just that. I brought home Raul and Guti, to let them have a go at winning la Decima and also to let the King, Raul, win his first Copa del Rey! But since Raul just have moved to Al-Sadd, he will not be interested. But in the future it will surely be something to consider. However Guti has, like in real life, stopped playing football in order to start coaching in a near future.

In FM12 I did just that. I brought home Raul and Guti, to let them have a go at winning la Decima and also to let the King, Raul, win his first Copa del Rey! But since Raul just have moved to Al-Sadd, he will not be interested. But in the future it will surely be something to consider. However Guti has, like in real life, stopped playing football in order to start coaching in a near future.

still, at least they'll come back as coach so that's a plus :)

still, at least they'll come back as coach so that's a plus :)

It's wonderful to have Morientes, Guti and De la Red coaching your youngsters and then to add Raul and Salgado when they decide to start coaching. Having the almighty Zinedine Zidane as director of football, is simply brilliant aswell!

It's wonderful to have Morientes, Guti and De la Red coaching your youngsters and then to add Raul and Salgado when they decide to start coaching. Having the almighty Zinedine Zidane as director of football, is simply brilliant aswell!

true and having Ronaldo as a Scout feels like have old team from 2002 - 2005 back but as coachs :p, shame we can't have Figo as a coach :(

true and having Ronaldo as a Scout feels like have old team from 2002 - 2005 back but as coachs :p, shame we can't have Figo as a coach :(

Almost forgot Ronaldo, haha! It sure does, great feeling! :) yeah, that is a real shame. Thought I would get the chance to have Figo and Roberto Carlos as something, but you can't! :( You can get Hierro, but it's instead of Zidane so not the easiest choice. Would you like to add even more legends, you can always bring in Fernando Redondo or Manuel Sanchis as coaches but they are lacking stats. But Ivan Zamorano is one whom I always bring in as scout! Nice to have all legends back in the team! :)

Almost forgot Ronaldo, haha! It sure does, great feeling! :) yeah, that is a real shame. Thought I would get the chance to have Figo and Roberto Carlos as something, but you can't! :( You can get Hierro, but it's instead of Zidane so not the easiest choice. Would you like to add even more legends, you can always bring in Fernando Redondo or Manuel Sanchis as coaches but they are lacking stats. But Ivan Zamorano is one whom I always bring in as scout! Nice to have all legends back in the team! :)

that's very true, so would it be wise to sack all my current staff the now or just bring in those guys in the now?

that's very true, so would it be wise to sack all my current staff the now or just bring in those guys in the now?

The staff that you have when starting the game isn't the best, Morais doesn't cut it. But Faria, Louro and Lallin isn't that bad. But what you need is coaches that can train in tactics and technique. Aswell as attack and defending and the likes of Redondo and Sanchis isn't any good, unfortunately, and Guti is for youth. So you will need some quality staff like Jose Segura, Angel Vales, Rodolfo Borrell, Anselmo Sbraglia and Franco Tancredi. Zamorano and Ronaldo alongside Hampson can i recommend as scouts. But the best is to firstly get some quality staff in, before starting to bring in the legends!

The staff that you have when starting the game isn't the best, Morais doesn't cut it. But Faria, Louro and Lallin isn't that bad. But what you need is coaches that can train in tactics and technique. Aswell as attack and defending and the likes of Redondo and Sanchis isn't any good, unfortunately, and Guti is for youth. So you will need some quality staff like Jose Segura, Angel Vales, Rodolfo Borrell, Anselmo Sbraglia and Franco Tancredi. Zamorano and Ronaldo alongside Hampson can i recommend as scouts. But the best is to firstly get some quality staff in, before starting to bring in the legends!

ah okay thanks for the tips :)

ah okay thanks for the tips :)

No problem :) a suggestion that is a bit questionable is bringing in Johan Cruijff, whom is a class coach in the game. But the feeling of having that person in Real Madrid makes you a bit sick, so.. Not worth it if you are Madridista through and through but otherwise he is a good suggestion.

No problem :) a suggestion that is a bit questionable is bringing in Johan Cruijff, whom is a class coach in the game. But the feeling of having that person in Real Madrid makes you a bit sick, so.. Not worth it if you are Madridista through and through but otherwise he is a good suggestion.

true and it's is a good suggestion :), but I'll wait and see how it works

Yeah can do it later. Havent uploaded a tactic before, but will give it a try. Still doing some minor tweaks to the tactic, to see what happens so not fully ready. But have been working well for me! :)