TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
In here, you can share your thoughts and help others as how to setup a tactic approach for Man U.

Help me !
Passing good or bad , Some errors in Defence . help me fix !
ph9xj.jpg

Croosse very bad ! Pls Susgest me fix . I use Nani and Valencia !
CwiuZ.jpg

Help me !
Passing good or bad , Some errors in Defence . help me fix !
ph9xj.jpg

Croosse very bad ! Pls Susgest me fix . I use Nani and Valencia !
CwiuZ.jpg

This is not a request thread where you ask " fix this", its a discussion thread about tactics. If truly wanting help on the subject, you really need to go much, much more indepth. Its impossible for us to say where you go wonrg when we dont have a clue how you are playing.

About the passing in defence, are you sure that they are poor passes and not clearances ?. The crossing looks like hey are taken as a last resort when the opponents have many men behind the ball.

In short, I would not worry about it as you destroyed the opponent

Last edited:
View attachment 280856View attachment 280857View attachment 280858View attachment 280859Heres my man utd tactic been working on all day! Ony just finished friendlies but is starting to work really well and is only half fluid any questions just ask would upload but dont know how, will keep uploading screenies:D

Looks great Craig! Just a quick question about that Bender you got there... Is that Lars?? And how much did you get him for? I'm always turned away by the price tag :(

Looks great Craig! Just a quick question about that Bender you got there... Is that Lars?? And how much did you get him for? I'm always turned away by the price tag :(
Yes mate lars cost me 13m upfront plus 13 in 48 months installements:)

Yes mate lars cost me 13m upfront plus 13 in 48 months installements:)

That sounds like quite the deal! I've been continuing from my beta save but might start fresh with the official release, hopefully I'll get a deal like that! Thanks mate ^^)

That sounds like quite the deal! I've been continuing from my beta save but might start fresh with the official release, hopefully I'll get a deal like that! Thanks mate ^^)
Yep thats what i did you need any help mate or have any questions just ask!:)

Yep thats what i did you need any help mate or have any questions just ask!:)

Thank you, thank you! I can't believe I've never played FM before, I feel as if this game was made for me haha
I'm sure I'll have loads of questions as I keep playing. Just out of curiosity, what happened to Wazza in your save? Did you sell him off? :O

Thank you, thank you! I can't believe I've never played FM before, I feel as if this game was made for me haha
I'm sure I'll have loads of questions as I keep playing. Just out of curiosity, what happened to Wazza in your save? Did you sell him off? :O
Its ok mate ask away, nope not sold was on int duty(H)

Its ok mate ask away, nope not sold was on int duty(H)

Haha oh okay! I was wondering what was going on there :D
Another question - for a player like Bender who's a natural DM in the game, does it take away from him performing at his best by placing him in the CM position? The only players I've messed around with position-wise is Nani on the right and then CBs covering for Rafa on the right, so I wasn't sure how much of an effect that would have on their performance. Any thoughts mate?

Haha oh okay! I was wondering what was going on there :D
Another question - for a player like Bender who's a natural DM in the game, does it take away from him performing at his best by placing him in the CM position? The only players I've messed around with position-wise is Nani on the right and then CBs covering for Rafa on the right, so I wasn't sure how much of an effect that would have on their performance. Any thoughts mate?
Seems to playing ok for in CM role as BWM def duty.:)

View attachment 280856View attachment 280857View attachment 280858View attachment 280859Heres my man utd tactic been working on all day! Ony just finished friendlies but is starting to work really well and is only half fluid any questions just ask would upload but dont know how, will keep uploading screenies:D

This is very similar to the tactic ive been playing with, again working well, played 5 preseason and 1 league game winning 5 drawing 1.

I play mine as counter attack / fluid.

This is very similar to the tactic ive been playing with, again working well, played 5 preseason and 1 league game winning 5 drawing 1.

I play mine as counter attack / fluid.
Played 5 league games won 4 drew 1 so far took me ages to get it working right, i like balanced / control better dont seem to concede as many and the shouts are really important for me.

I played the beta with a 4-2-3-1... I played 3 seasons with that tactic; got on average 62% possesion and winning nearly all big games. Got problems since the official release, can't seem to win on away games.

I just made a new 4-2-3-1. Balanced/Control. Instead of playing more direct, like in the beta, i swapped to short. However, no roaming or alot of creativity is allowed. I also use zonal marking, press alot and use agressive tackles.

This is my lineup:

Rafael Vidic Ferdiand Alaba

Fellaini Carrick

Nani Rooney Bale

RVP

Fellaini as BWM, carrick as normal CM.
Rooney as AM, Nani as AP and bale as IP.

I'm not sure if this tactic will work. Maybe i should buy a DM that i can play out on the midfield (Think M'vila).

Any suggestions? I havent tested my 4-2-2-2 yet because it got raped in the beta. Maybe i should give it another go

Any speciall player instructions you use Craig? Training/match prep.? You use your shouts from the start of every match?

Any speciall player instructions you use Craig? Training/match prep.? You use your shouts from the start of every match?
Sorry for the bad news mate scrapped my tactic was winning the league at xmas buy 3points lost my first game in jan then lost 9 in a row and got fired.Hows it going for you? have you used yet?

Meh, sorry to hear that.. Ive been using yours combined with one of my own, loosing at home and away! impossible to set a decent defence, strikers cant score, this game is a joke.. No logic what so ever! Conceeding 1-2 set pieces goals pr. game, CB`s stands still and watches strikers run past them to get 1 on 1 with Gk and score! Lost 1-3, 1-2, 2-5 against west ham, norwich and fulham with United, just showes you that there is something wrong! I think this game is getting too advanced for me to be honest...Doing ok in home-games but away-games is impossible..

Last edited:
I think your tactic is excellent but I am wondering about the striker role. If we used only one striker, We would waste the rest of striker like Persie, Chicar and wellbeck as well.