The Grime Thread

giggs, skepta
i just recently got into grime

i like me some chiddy bling and kid cudi though....

im from TEXAS so i listen to other rap, called "chopped and screwed". you might/might not have heard of it before.

giggs, skepta
i just recently got into grime

i like me some chiddy bling and kid cudi though....

im from TEXAS so i listen to other rap, called "chopped and screwed". you might/might not have heard of it before.

It's good that americans are starting to hear about grime, how well known is it over there?

Never heard of chopped and screwed, mate.

Ghetto Kyote is possibly the best grime instrumental ever made. That spread like a disease.
Also Havana by Ruff Squad was biiig.

This thread has turned out more succesful that I thought it would. :)

All the good grime artists eventually tailed off and became commercial

Disagree but yeah, a few did but you can't blame them, that's where the money is.

dizze rascal did with releases like holiday, haven't heard from lady sovereign, tinchy still makes some good tracks but others more commerical, and same for n-dubz. other than that im pessimistic about the future of grime ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR3gfLa5c50
love this song :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deYHg0gjVkg&feature=relate

cant go wrong with some bizzle ;)

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

what exactly is grime? british rap? becuase i think we have grime in america but its without words...dub step is really big here too.

this is chopped and screwed version.
this is the original version of texas rap.
thats just how we do sippin that lean

dont mean to be rude mate, but i thought they were terrible, put me straight to sleep :S​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbKbe82AGhw

this is dubstep mate​

just to add, i like this thread. should we do another one for drum n bass and dubstep? i love em both aswell as grime, or should we just make this for all 3? what do you tink? if we're making new ones, i wanna make em, my idea :$

Last edited:
make a separate for dubstep

not to sound rude but that dubstep track was wack lol as they say different strokes for different folks.

Seperate thread I think, mate.

And yeah, Stetchkov, grime is basically british rap.

Disagree

UK rap = lowkey Giggs K Koke ect

Grime = **** now days tbh Wiley & roll deep bbk tinchy all used to be grime now they do like electro pop grime its weird lol

but Yeah grime is different because back in the day grime beats used to be heavy/grimey it was new form of garage kinda what dub step is now :)

i loved grime from about 2001-2006 That was its prime but its had its day now

so no f grime UK Rap FTW!! :p

And who stated Ndubz as ever been grime needs to wash there mouth out with soap lol XD

Last edited:
90's rap rules supreme. the little i heard of grime, its not too bad, just find it hard to actually feel the flow, some fast flow is nice, but some just push it beyond reasonable.

Do't like grime except N-Dubz and Dizzee Rascal if that counts I'm having a love affair with American Hip Hop

how is giggs big in america? what does he do, live in america now or what?

how is giggs big in america? what does he do, live in america now or what?

Last year he went to Miami to perform and took home the gong for Best UK act at the BET Awards & a couple of months ago he did that tune ft B.O.B. - don't go there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EuI2_pjDlM

+ last year i seen a vid of him rapping with some famous Dudes from Atl

Last edited:
Lover of grime and UK Rap..

K-Koke is a family friend, can't wait for his F64 to be released. his mixtape is immense and His freestyle on Charlie Sloth is quality.

Grime scene is dying out a bit but the collab between Sharky Major, P Money, Devlin, Dot Rotten and Ghetto is one of the greatest grime tunes I ever heard.

Also listen out for my cousin J.Dot from Coventry he's doing well at the moment.. Performed with N-Dubz, Pro Green and some others.