The Non-League Football Thread.

fccccc nothings gonna stop us nowwww.
6-3 v north ferriby crazy game was only 1-1 at half time, stalybridge is a shithole.
scoring went 1-0 NF, 2-1 FC, 2-2, 3-2 FC, 3-3, 6-3 FC!!!
One of ferriby's defenders managed to score 2 own goals and give a penalty away! brilliance in my book!!!!
our 6th goal was like cantona v sunderland but this time steve torpey chipped the keeper!

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

oh and for me it was 22 pence per goal!, where else in the country can you get that?

Results from last weekend-
Blue Square Premier

Alfreton Town 1 - 6 Forest Green
Bath City 0 - 1 Barrow
Braintree 1 - 1 Mansfield
Cambridge United 1 - 2 Kidderminster
Fleetwod Town 1 - 0 Hayes & Yeading
Gateshead 1 - 1 Kettering
Luton 5 - 1 Southport
Newport County 0 - 0 Grimsby
Stockport 1 - 1 Ebbsfleet
Tamworth 1 - 0 Darlington
York 0 - 1 AFC Telford
Lincoln City 1 - 2 Wrexham [Friday Result]

Well, who would of thought Forest Green were capable of scoring 6? No suprises as Luton thrash Southport, but big suprise Nick Chadwick scoring for Stockport! Good wins for Kidderminster and Wrexham away from home, sadly nothing for Hayes & Yeading :(

Blue Square South

Basingstoke 1 - 2 Sutton United
Bromley 0 - 1 Maidenhead
Dartford 2 - 1 Hampton & Richmond
Dorchester 0 - 3 Eastbourne Boro
Farnborough 1 - 4 Welling
Havant & Waterloovile 2 - 3 Chelmsford
Staines Town 0 - 1 Salisbury
Thurrock 0 - 3 Weston Super-Mare
Tonbridge Angels 4 - 0 Eastleigh
Truro City 1 - 0 Dover
Woking 0 - 0 Boreham

Truro City joint top after 3 games? Cornish football is on the rise! Who knows, at this rate, our local derby might be against Truro next season! Good wins for Tonbridge Angels, Welling and Eastbourne Boro too.

Blue Square North

Altrincham 2 - 1 Histon
Blyth Spartans 3 - 1 Bishops Stortford
Boston United 1 - 2 Vauxhall Motors
Colwyn Bay 2 - 0 Eastwood Town
Corby 0 - 4 Hyde
Droyslden 2 - 1 Nuneaton
Gloucester 2 - 0 Workington
Hinkley United 1 - 2 Harrogate
Solihill Motors 0 - 1 Guiseley
Stalybridge 4 - 0 Gainsborough
Worcester 1 - 1 Halifax

Stalybridge's big win puts them on top, with Hyde who also record a big win- However, Bishop's Stortford and Solihill have both slow starts to the season and are on 0 points. And how the once mighty Boston United have dropped- Losing at home to Vauxhall Motors.​

whys it

why is it a big surprise to see chaddy score for stockport?, watch this space hes injury free and can play for a league team no problems. he will score 10+ goals this season.

why is it a big surprise to see chaddy score for stockport?, watch this space hes injury free and can play for a league team no problems. he will score 10+ goals this season.

Its more a joke the fact Nick Chadwick used to play for Argyle and couldn't hit a barn-door with a Banjo from 3 yards out. I doubt an Injury-Free Nick Chadwick could play for a league-team, I certainly wouldn't want him back at Home Park. From my 'era' he's one of the poorest strikers I've seen, right up there with Steve Maclean and Cillian Sheridan.

EDIT- Also have to add, Chadwick's scoring record sums up he hasn't cut it in the Football League. 11 Goals in 4 seasons for Argyle, is an awful return for a striker. For Hereford, he scored in 9. He just hasn't cut it yet in the League, and unless he's promoted with Stockport I don't see any club taking him into the league.

Last edited:
woop woop gateshead unbeaten so far! ;)

After our summer if ****, ****, and even more **** to deal with, I never thought we'd top the league after 6 games.

Today's win over Fleetwood was probably the club's best ever performance since relegation.. it was just superb. They are the bookies fave aswell, and were made to look completely average,

Halesowen town we're unlucky today! We're going up though..

Looked back at this thread, and seen my comments about Nick Chadwick. Whooooosh!

Thread has been a bit negleted, just wanted to get it back up and running again. Some talking points in the opening months of the season- Stockport? What happened there? Their fans seemed pretty confident of a successful season, under the inexpierenced Dietmar Hamman. Now they have the favoured Jim Gannon back but still find themselves in a relegation battle... I think they will have enough about them to stay up, but its quite amazing they still can't seem to find a winning formula. I have a Stockport Fan added on Facebook, every Saturday his status proves how unhappy things are at Stockport.

After going very close to heading out of business, what a turn-around for Wrexham. Top of the league, and looking very good to make a Football League return despite losing their manager earlier on in the campaign. Obviously, with only one team being automatically promoted, it will be very tight- Fleetwoods FA Cup exploits shown what a good team they are, and Luton will always be in and around the top 6. Well done to York and Southport for a successful season thus far, it will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

After a fantastic FM save with them, one of my favoured clubs Hayes & Yeading have made a poor start to the season. I'm hoping they can pull their act together and survive in the conference, because I don't want my challenge on FM13 being any bigger ;) Also, interesting to see Lincoln in the bottom-half of the table, they were recently relegated from the football league.

In the conference south, Truro who have been hit with a winding up order are mid-table, I wonder how that might effect them. Woking are looking good for a place in the Conference next season...

So, 28 games through the conference season, Wrexham & Fleetwood looking to be the main title challengers. I think Wrexham will pip Fleetwood, and I reckon Cambridge will make the playoffs- Difficult to say who will go up via the playoffs, pressure as usual, will always be on Luton though with their history.

Stockport still firmly down in the root of a relegation battle, but will probably pull away and avoid a 3rd successive relegation. Hayes & Yeading will hopefully stay up, I have a soft spot for them, but things looking bad for them- and Bath, but plenty of time to turn it around. Also, best of luck to Darlington, its never to see a club hit the rocks.

BBC Sport - Truro City avoid being wound up after paying tax debts - Heaney is a rat but glad Truro have avoided liquidation, and Cornwall get their stadium.

If York bring in a new defender instead of more strikers it could give us a chance to cement a playoff spot but not looking likely that we'll catch Fleetwood or Wrexham! It should definitely be changed so 2 teams go up automatically and 1 via playoffs! Once Walker is back we'll be back to our best though!!

Its more a joke the fact Nick Chadwick used to play for Argyle and couldn't hit a barn-door with a Banjo from 3 yards out. I doubt an Injury-Free Nick Chadwick could play for a league-team, I certainly wouldn't want him back at Home Park. From my 'era' he's one of the poorest strikers I've seen, right up there with Steve Maclean and Cillian Sheridan.

EDIT- Also have to add, Chadwick's scoring record sums up he hasn't cut it in the Football League. 11 Goals in 4 seasons for Argyle, is an awful return for a striker. For Hereford, he scored in 9. He just hasn't cut it yet in the League, and unless he's promoted with Stockport I don't see any club taking him into the league.

ive just logged in for the first time in ages and saw you had quoted me, well, you took chadders back didnt you and although hes now on loan at tamworth you green army boys arein the league and you took him back lol. i went to school with nick and used to be decent mates with him. hes had a hard time of it. read this Tamworth striker Nick Chadwick aiming to add an FA Cup high to his rollercoaster career | Mail Online