The Pentagon - An Intercontinental Adventure

It's going to be tougher than last season, definately. Every signle player I want has no intention of even entering discussions, even if they're free agents or on £35 p/w. And the only player who has agreed to sign was denied a work permit. And no backroom staff want to join. Hopefully somebody will offer me a job.

Yeah im in that league but its ok for me because im in champions league i start in it but keep going really enjoying it m8

sacked.png

I suppose I was wanting out anyway. I applied for another job, had an apology accepted by the board, and then applied for another one and was sacked. Foolish really, as I was never going to get the job. But FCAK are regretting it already, after their three best players were all sold and not replaced before the start of the season by the new management. It’s sad to leave, but there were just no players willing to join us.

martingreenacrenewsinbo.png

After just one month out of a job, I accepted the position at Busan TC in the Korean N-League. Fortunately, this seems to be the first season in which promotion to the K-League is possible, so I was delighted to take the job with a view to hopefully a reasonable stay.

2896422a3d809cedff11eb9a2cbb_grande.jpg

The club has a lot of potential, as the 30,000 seater stadium could bring in a lot of revenue should we gain promotion and some more supporters. Although it is rented, but I don't know the implications of that. In terms of training and youth facilities, however, they are very limited. But at least I have a few full-time players, unlike at FCAK.

I arrive three matches into the Closing Stage, with the team sitting bottom. However, they are 11th in the overall league table. Hopefully we can finish mid-table this season, and then push for promotion next season. With £3k of the wage budget left, I am looking forward to strengthening the squad when the window opens at the end of the season. We have a good squad, but with a problem at full-back I am considering testing out a 3-5-2 formation.

Key players

Defensive midfielder Lee Jae-Young is one of the club’s best players. He is out for the next six weeks, but he will have a vital role to play when he returns.

This is going to be interesting – two players called Lee Jae-Young. This one is a striker, and will be the poacher of the side.

Han Bong-Hyan is another great midfielder in the side, and he will be another key player as we try to reach the top division.

Busan . I was them once they was dreadful hopefully you had more luck :D

Was it the some one? Because there is a Busan l'PARK bottom of the K-League. They play in red and white and we play in blue and white.

Nice story mate. Sorry abt promotion loss but better luck wit Busan- Have a look at mine if you can.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f116/olympique-lyonnais-a-new-french-revolution-t68947.html

September 2011

Choenan City 0-3 Busan TC
My first match in charge came just one day after accepting the job, and it was away to the team just above us in the league. It was a scrappy victory, with centre-back Sung-Yong scoring two goals from set-pieces, but it is still a fantastic three points. And it has done a lot to boost the squad’s depleted morale. Substitute midfielder Ki-Won sealed the win in injury time. We only had four shots, but they all count.

Daejeon KHNP 0-2 Busan TC
A fantastic three points away to the third placed team. This is only the second time the team have won consecutive matches all season, so that makes it even sweeter. It was a much more assured performance than my first game in charge, as we actually created a few chances.

Mokpo 1-0 Busan TC
So we have lost for the first time since I joined, and we didn’t create too much. But the defeat is made all the worse due to the fact that player/coach Kim Ki-*** suffered a thigh strain. He will be a big miss in the midfield.

Busan TC 2-0 Suwon City
Suwon appointed a new manager on the morning of the game, but goals from both of our wingers ensured another victory. Three clean sheets from four matches is also nice, considering my assistant told me to drop my ‘keeper. I was having none of it.

b7cebee2c6d0b9d0b8aeyk1.jpg

Changwon 1-1 Busan TC
The one match where we were actually favourites, and we could only manage a point. We were 1-0 down after about four minutes, but Lee Jae-Young (the striker version) scored a fantastic individual goal in the second half to draw level.

My first month in charge of the club has come to an end, and having almost doubled our win tally for the whole season this month, with three victories adding to the four already on the board, we have made good progress up the table. We have moved up two places to ninth, and are now just seven points off the play-offs. If we can string a few more wins together, there’s no reason we can’t achieve a play-off place.

Player of the Month: Lee Jae-Young

There weren’t many candidates, as a lot of players could only play half of the matches because of fatigue. But Jae-Young scored two good goals, and looked lively throughout.

Brilliant start still have a slight chance of catching fourth :)

That's the hope. Although it is a slight chance.

P.S. I have decided not to list the scorers as the names are just too similar.

Is there promotion in the N-League now? In your previous story, you got Hummel to win but there were no promotions if I recall correctly. Anyway, good wins :) You seem to win a good bit, you should be able to secure a play-off spot.

Is there promotion in the N-League now? In your previous story, you got Hummel to win but there were no promotions if I recall correctly. Anyway, good wins :) You seem to win a good bit, you should be able to secure a play-off spot.

There seems to have been a promotion implamented for the 2011/12 season, but there weren't for the 10/11 season. So it should be more enjoyable than Hummel.

That's a heck of an improvement. I was put off by the lack of promotion in FM10 so I might try a save in Korea now.

October 2011

Busan TC 1-0 Gangneung City
It looked like we were heading for another draw, but in the second half, a Sang-Hoon cross snuck into the net at the far post. It is a big three points which keeps us in the race for fourth.

Incheon Korail 1-2 Busan TC
This was quite an even match, but we managed to build up a two goal lead. The home side pulled one back soon after, but it finished 2-1, to keep us in the hunt.

14o4mbo.jpg

Busan 2-1 Ulsan HMD
We went a goal down early on against the league’s bottom team, but we responded well. We always seem to struggle against the bottom sides, but we got the three points and that’s all that matters. Unfortunately, Suwon City have been on a great run of form as well, so fourth is not in our hands.

Goyang Kookmin Bank 0-2 Busan TC
An unbelievable result against the top team. It was a bit of a smash and grab, as we only had 30% possession, but after the game their manager praised our simple passing game. That makes it four consecutive wins, but Suwon have also won their last three matches.

Busan TC 1-1 Ansan Hallelujah
This just sums the team up since I took charge. We beat the top team away, and then the next week we draw with the team third from bottom. Although Suwon City won again, so even if we won we wouldn’t have been able to clinch fourth.

lasagnagate.png

Not another lasagne-gate...

Yesan 1-0 Busan TC
A disappointing final match defeat against the second bottom team. We had a man sent off after 65 minutes, and our ten men couldn’t hold out for the draw. We conceded in the 85th minute, to end the season on a negative. On the plus side, we played by the beach...

We seem to have made some great progress towards the end of the season. Since I joined, we have won seven, drawn two and lost two, moving five places up to sixth. That run included a win away to the top team, but we were poor against the lesser teams. I was only using a 3-5-2 formation because of the lack of fullbacks, but I think I will carry on using it against the bigger teams. But I will need to develop a new, more attacking system for matches we are expected to win. Overall, I am looking forward to my first full season in charge, and hopefully a push for promotion.

Gutted for you losing the way did in S.A, I always get that u hammer teams, but everything they hit goes in, ****** annoying. Good luck with Busan. If you get a chance please have a look and comment on mine.

Much appreciated.

Ahhh, a Korean save....brilliant...some nice results too

good story and challenge here, mate
I'll follow

by the way, you missed the OFC Champions League (again)

Well, good results there. Are Goyang semi-pro/pro? Can't remember which one they turned out to be after I managed Ansan to the N-League title in a previous save. Unlucky not to secure a play-off spot, good luck next year.

good story and challenge here, mate
I'll follow

by the way, you missed the OFC Champions League (again)

Yeah sorry I know, but I didn't want to download any additional leagues. And thanks for following.

Well, good results there. Are Goyang semi-pro/pro? Can't remember which one they turned out to be after I managed Ansan to the N-League title in a previous save. Unlucky not to secure a play-off spot, good luck next year.

Goyang are proffessional.