Sam91

Reaction score
The Pentagon Challenge

What is it?

What is The Pentagon? Well its this, you start unemployed with a Sunday League reputation and you try to win all five continental Champions Leagues(European Champions League, South American Champions League, Asian Champions League, African Champions League and North American Champions League) in one save game.

Once you win all five your status will be cemented as some sort of FM God after you upload your save game, we don't want any cheaters you see. No point in cheating is there really lads as it is just a game =]

How do I take part?

Simply create a Career using the rules stated above and your rolling. You can use this thread to ask any questions or to just keep people updated with how you are doing.

Additional Info

There are three other elements to The Pentagon that you can add if you want.

Sustainable Management - You keep things financially realistic. Only spending what you have, living within your means, not spending huge, unrealistic amounts. If you want added spice you can try and make a profit on transfers every season.
2. Nationalistic Management - You sign no foreigners. So if you're in Russia you only sign Russians, if you're in Brazil you only sign Brazilians, etc
3. APLA - Anti Premier League Alliance You don't load England in your game. You totally avoid it. Only real men don't load England.
To make the challenge a little bit spicy you could even add a "no resign" clause: you can change team only if...
  • You win the Champions' league
  • You get sacked
So you can't choose to change team just because you feel it's not good enough for you.

Credit given to ale85bg for rule number 4 =]

Good luck everyone and you can follow my own personal attempt at this monumental challenge here :
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...stories/107582-taking-pentagon-challenge.html

Last edited:
Really wanna take part this year, Never really had a go at this in other FM's. Can someone tell what what leagues are best to load up. Think im going to add no.2 Nationalistic Management & no.3 APLA

So yeah, can someone tell what leagues are best to load up!

usa, south africa are the best for africa and america :p
brazil argentina for south america, probably korean league for asia,
for europe, it is usually by choice, because there are so many different clubs which you could do well at :p
so that depends how you manage :)

this is just my preference though :p
i will also be taking part in this :p

Should we upload screenies here?
Or should we start something else ?

usa, south africa are the best for africa and america :p
brazil argentina for south america, probably korean league for asia,
for europe, it is usually by choice, because there are so many different clubs which you could do well at :p
so that depends how you manage :)

this is just my preference though :p
i will also be taking part in this :p

Should we upload screenies here?
Or should we start something else ?
Upload screenies on here man, just so everyone can share how well they're doing ect.

might do this as well, had a go on FM 2012 but the game crased before i could get started.

Leauges to Load up:

South Africa - Africa
England - Europe
Brazil - South America
China - Asia

I wouldn't go for China personally and Argentina can prove deadly in South America. South Korea are probably the best option for Asia or Australia.

Interesting views lads keep them coming, anyone else currently got a save going??

Started one up but was too slow as I loaded up almost every team on the game so I'm restarting now with 7 or 8 leagues

Started one up but was too slow as I loaded up almost every team on the game so I'm restarting now with 7 or 8 leagues
Yeah I have about 6 loaded, gonna complete Africa then take that one off and add and Asian League. Think I'll tackle to Copa Liberatadores after Africa

I've just loaded South Africa, Australia, South Korea, Mexico, USA, Argentina, Brazil, England, Belgium

Might start this challenge later as a back up to my unemployed save.

Could I suggest a database edit and add oceanic teams and the oceanic champions league also

can i load up like only some leagues, then remove them and replace?

already started this as my first save, got wimbeldon at begining im still with them in my 4th season in the championship, will prob be here one more season before premiership (maybe longer if i keep conceding ****** goals cause of the ME)

Just started this. Loaded up south Africa and all the Asian nations. Just got a job with Deltras FC in Indonesia. Can't imagine how long it will take to win sumthin with them.

This should be super fun :) Gonna give it a go, as I am planning to spend unreasonable amount of time on FM this year ;)

This should be super fun :) Gonna give it a go, as I am planning to spend unreasonable amount of time on FM this year ;)
Good man!!

Just started this. Loaded up south Africa and all the Asian nations. Just got a job with Deltras FC in Indonesia. Can't imagine how long it will take to win sumthin with them.
Haha maybe just use them as a stepping stone

I've spent too long in Africa on previous challenges so I decided to start in Asia. Got offered the Daejong KHNP job in the Korean N-League. They were top when I took over and we won the league :) P5 W1 D1 L3 so far in the K-League. Ridiculous step up in talent though I think I will need a new club at some point as developing these guys will take too long