Usually when I want to kill the game I hit retain possession, set def line to normal, set lower tempo and let them play, since they become aggressive usually I score when they start chasing since they open up a lot more, just be careful to watch which formation they switch to when they go for attack and by knowing weakness in that formation you can adapt easily, it ain't rocket science, pure simple logic

Thanks so much, i feel like i have the tools i need know and how to use them! And like you say, i have to learn the weaknesses on the other formations and try some tweaks when things don't go my way!

Thanks so much, i feel like i have the tools i need know and how to use them! And like you say, i have to learn the weaknesses on the other formations and try some tweaks when things don't go my way!

The tactic you will have most trouble against is Mumus variations of 4123DM wide, his 4231, Spurs 4231 and Cyties 4231, I'm actually curious what would you try to do vs 4231, 4231 is imo best formation to exploit 4123DM Wide

There are many heavy hitters in EPL, since I already covered how I handled Man Utd and Spurs next in line for moping is Chelsea.
In mine save Chelsea is a real Italian club, Conte is sticking to his 523(5212) and his defense is posing quite a problem for single striker formations, or is it?

First thing I know is if they have 5 at the back they won't close me down, and it will be a huge problem to punch trough 3 man CB line with sheer simple combinations, so to counter their treat I adapt.

to stretch their line I use much wider width, to enhance patient approach I use lower tempo and shorter passing, since I'm using wide play I don't need Stay wider on mine IF(S) and taht one can be removed, next step is the fact that I know they have 2 players who can screen in front of that defence and those are their MC's, I want them higher, I want to draw them out, so I set mine D-line slightly deeper and I remove mine offside trap, no point in offside trap if I'm deep, with D-line I counter their threat which is counter attack in which Willian, Fabregas and Diego Costa can easily dismantle most clubs.

At some point of the game Chelsea switched their pressing and I noticed it too late so I conceded by a placed shot from Fabregas, but after they did that I just added pass into space TI, rest of TI's were the same as in Veles original, so what happened?
A one man show
View attachment 80841View attachment 80840View attachment 80839

View attachment 80838
Again, Ramsey unlocks defense from golden zone and provides a pass for Layun who supplies Dybala with assist, a real beauty of a counter goal, one might even call it transition goal, I'm not intentionally countering its due to roles on the pitch
View attachment 80837
Again, golden zone unlock by Ozil and a pass for Dybala

View attachment 80836
Do I need to say golden zone unlock again? Nah you get the point

View attachment 80835
I think that Maia gave ball to Dybala who dribbled past 3 players from half way to Curtois and scored

It's clear why I call this a one man show, Dybala destroyed Chelsea and denied them yet another final in Cup.
As in previous cases I'm providing a .pkm for those interested in watching how it went trough, around 65th-75th minute Chelsea deployed their pressing which I didn't notice in time, that's one of reasons why one should watch matches in Comprehensive or at least in extended, so you can see if AI makes a change.

PKM FILE:View attachment 80834

Final update from mine second season, we won it all, It was a fine season, dybala hasn't been able to break Messis record for 50 goals in league, but he broke his 73 goals across season record with 82 goals in total across all season matches(excluding friendlies) system works, next step is to create 4231 Narrow to counter 4231 since that tactic is specifically designed to destroy 4123DM wide which mine system depends on, I can win those matches but its always amusing to use 3 different systems across season, so next step is making 4231 for dealing with 4141 and making 4231 narrow to deal with 4231, the AI amazes me, in final game vs Real Madrid in ECL they opted for 4141 but with minor tweaks team found a way trough it and played as I hoped, before the match I hoped to provoke Zidan to use his favorite attacking formation which is 442 and destroy them by drawing them across the pitch, he stood firm to his 4141 but in the end it proved they can't come near our goal.

Some screenshots from 2nd season:

View attachment 80811View attachment 80810View attachment 80809View attachment 80807View attachment 80806
And the player I enjoyed tracking the most during all of mine games, ladies and gentleman, the next Lampard:View attachment 80805

That's it from me, I'll probably post new tactics once I fully develop them, and I will continue using the system

With arsenal is easy.. poor results here with my underdog team

Last edited:
With arsenal is easy.. poor results here with my underdog team
Which team? Which teams are you facing? Do you hae players for it? Are you using instant result? Are you countering AI's decisions?

Poor results here with my team Leverkusen. The tactics for which the player's directives are empty are played on every team.

Poor results here with my team Leverkusen. The tactics for which the player's directives are empty are played on every team.

No wonder, Leverkusen doesn't have the players needed, I wrote about what type of players you should use, Chicarito? 0 passing ability, Belaraby? 0 teamwork and mental stats, not one solid midfielder to perform passing dutyes, they only cover AP(S) since Volland could work there and Henrichs as DR, Aranguiz can maybe work as RPM but that is a big maybe and Haertz can work as CM(A) but that still leaves the situation o not having the striker needed or overall team composure needed for this sort of system, you need different sort of players.....

Resume.. you just need be a supertop team

Resume.. you just need be a supertop team

Not quite true, there are technical teams that can pull it off that aren't super top team, Gago here played as Bournemotuh, they have good enough of technicalities spread around, Celta Vigo for example could do it, you can't expect to play possession style football with a team whose main striker has 7 for passing and is in and out poacher player type, you need right players, if you didn't need the right players then Burnley would play possession in EPL with ease...

Started as Liverpool using the tactics, had a great start. Will post a few screenshots tomorrow when I get the chance.

Hi guys.. I start to use this tactic with my Tottenham in second season.. My first season i tried so many tactics and nothing works.. It was a bad season... Now i have some nice results but still miss so many shoots... I have games that my team shoot 25/30 times and only 5/6 go to the goal... And i score few goas...

My team for Hades tactic was:

gwzac7
View attachment 80761

Sometime i switch Douglas Costa to left and Emre Mor go to right...

recupera colony

Cant blame tactic for that....

What i usually do when playing with tactic that dont have waste time verion, late game when i have lead i always switch to Contain, fullback to defend and defensive line to deeper ( depends on tactic AI use ). You cant just wait for game to end, do something to prevent thing like on pic above

Ofc.. I'm not blaming tactic for that... but i never expect that from 2 corners in my favour they score 2 goals...

After this lose i swap the tactic to a 4-4-2 in counter attack... And this happen

View attachment 1130594

LOL...

FM things
This tactic is Aggressive, like really aggressive, when you play AI with weaker teams he will camp vs you, whe n he does that drop line slightly deeper, remove offside trap, play much wider, use lower tempo and probe them, that's how you break AI who camps, having 30 shots and only 5 at target is pretty much what a low block is, they will force you to shoot from range and tire you trough the course of game, and then at 80th minute AI will switch to attacking once your team is frustrated and punch you hard, they won't be as tired as you since they spent 80 minutes running sideways while you dominated pitch and closed them down, so to counter that you drop deeper to stretch them, you use lower tempo and you wait till you force them into an opening, toughest games for me are vs weak sides, they go for a draw so they are hard to break down...

Veles - normal starting tactic
Hades - tactic for team siting deep and defending with 9999999 players
Anubis - ????

Did i get it wrong?

Tried with Chelsea and didnt go good, tried with ManU, against good team was good but same as most tactic when opposing "park the bus" cant do nothing

Veles uses attacking patterns in which mainly attacker scores while Hades is a tactic which uses different attacking patterns, in this case F9 drops and gives space behind him which AML usually attacks, the Hades is experimental boogeyvoogey just example of different apporach.
As for Anubis that's a tactic with possible tweaks to unlock stubborn sides, that's the one to use vs weaker sides, tho not all the teams benefit from higher tempo, so in most cases teams would use lower tempo, deeper line and wider play vs those opponents, that's how it goes...