Ghents

Reaction score
What are some countries you've been sneaky about scouting youth?

I like to park scouts in Bosnia, Croatia and Turkey and snipe 17 or younger players (so I can still get home grown from them). I know the big Euro countries are the best but they're expensive.

I've also read Egypt is a good one, but I've sat a scout there for two seasons and never had anything pop up. I must not be loading that database.

I've tried Turkey and Russia, but haven't really found much. France is my biggest source of talents, as it was in FM 14.

France is always a honey pot, but it gets expensive.

Turkey has been decent finding wingers after the first youth intake.

For me it has been Argentina and Germany, which are obvious, but Serbia, Croatia and Portugal also have produced some good regens.

If you have the MLS running, you can get some nice newgens from there. They always seem to generate a bunch of first-day newgens, some of whom will be EU nationalities.

My favourites are France, Croatia and Serbia.. i also love to scout african Countries like Ghana, The Ivory Coast and Nigeria

My favourites are France, Croatia and Serbia.. i also love to scout african Countries like Ghana, The Ivory Coast and Nigeria

Do you have to enable their databases in order to get regens to be from there?

You don't have to run those leauges, although that seems to help. You need to run a big enough database for the clubs there to be fairly filled out. Personally, I use a custom database with all players loaded from a bunch of those nations to help ensure they get regens of quality.

What's the best method for scouting youth?

At the moment I just pick a country and scout their u19s and u21s. But is there a better way?

What's the best method for scouting youth?

At the moment I just pick a country and scout their u19s and u21s. But is there a better way?

best method is to manually check yourself go to world the youth intake, i check every 1 month on the game so i can make sure i dont miss out on any hot prospects. takes long but oh its worth it.

underrated countries t scout for sure are egypt and southafrica, i play as championship club so anything above 1 mil is to much for me. so i pick up these craazy regens from these countries for less then 500k. only problem is work permits but some of them get capped quite quickly anyway... oh and belgium is defo underrated though they cost through the roof the regens.

I find scouting continents is the way to go that's just the way i like to do it but i can understand how other people have different methods. While scouting Africa quite recently i got hold of this defender only problem was he had all-ready signed for Barcelona which was a shame. He was playing for some totally random Egyptian team.

View attachment 303778