What counts as a a player's retirement?

sergeant z

Reaction score
Hi everyone.I have some doubts about the regen system. We all know that players will get regen when they retire, but what realy counts as retirement? if they retire as a player and take up a staff role, is it counted as retirement? Im asking because messi and ronaldo just retired a year ago and ive snapped both of em up as coaches, and im yet to find any of their regens. pls help :D

Think you've misunderstood a bit, mate..

Back in the days there seemed to be a trend that the really great players got a quasi-equivalent regen, but I don't think it was ever confirmed to actually be happening, or at least not a certain and definite thing.

I can't remember seeing anything like this though for at least 10 years.. I have vague memories of something like this happening in CM97/98 or something.. xD

I could be wrong here, buuuut.. i'm feeling quite certain that memory does serve me on this day.

I am fairly certain it doesn't work that way.

A player does not get it's equivalent regen when he retires, stat/ability wise.

That's the beauty about regens. You can mold them to your liking a lot of the times.

Also, I haven't played CM 97/98 so I don't know how it used to work then.

What the others said. I'm afraid that this seems to be an urban myth more than anything.

IF it were true, however, I'm sure those regens would only happen if the person retired completely. After all, the players who become staff are still active in the game...

in cm9798 when a player retired they reapeared with the same name and stats but their age was reset i think this stopped with the introduction of regens