NorthanMonkee

Reaction score
Well I am in my 4th season as Manchester City boss, and lets just say the cash has well and truly been spent - but who went where? what team have I got after 4 seasons in charge? and what has it got me, my team, and my ever giving chairman? The current date in my game is 1st January 2013 - but lets look back at where it started

This is my Manchester City Transfer Story...

201ACC4B-A068-0CCF-884078EEDDE06879.jpg

Season One - 09/10
Money Spent - £192m // Money Received - £50m

Season One saw some wholesale changes at The City Of Manchester Stadium, as with any new manager - these are the comings and goings through the sky blue turnstiles.

July:
In:

franco-zuculini-vor-wechsel-514-200x200.jpg

Franco Zuculini - Hoffenheim - £10m

The combative midfielder with youth on his side was seen as a must buy for management, and was the 1st signing under the new regime. But would the only midfielder through the door?

images

Alexis Sanchez - Udinese - £18m

A purchase that management thought necessary for this club to move forwards. The players adaptability and variety in his game was just one factor in his £18m move from Udinese to the blue half of Manchester

RyanShawcross4x.jpg

Ryan Shawcross - Stoke - £15m

This central defender had shown promise in his stint at Stoke and especially in his part in their survival in the Premiership. The step up in level was no concern for management and with this future England defender in our ranks, our defence would only be strengthened.

Out:

transfers_apr10_roquesantacruz.jpg

Roque Santa Cruz - Valencia - £8m

The tall talented striker never featured in managements plans, and was shipped out on day 1.
Where is he now?
Roque played only 36 games in 3 seasons for his new club scoring 18 goals. He now finds himself on loan to Premiership strugglers Sheffield United
Value Now - £1.9m

99837_news.jpg

Nigel De Jong - Chelsea - £8m

Another player not to feature was Nigel, management felt that his services would be best suited elsewhere and with £8m on the table, De Jong moved down south to Chelsea
WIHN?
Nigel is still with Chelsea playing a big part in their midfield. Playing just over 80 games and bagging himself a couple of goals.
Value Now - £10m

9dcd525554dc97e7ca15269e867cdada.jpg

Jo - Chelsea - £6.5m

A striker seen as surplus to requirements at The City Of Manchester Stadium, it was again Chelsea who made the successful bid and agreed terms with the player. Jo, also moved down south to the capital
WIHN?
Like Nigel, Jo still finds himself applying his trade at Stamford Bridge, managing 77 games and just over 15 goals. But with 10 games this season and no goal to his name? Is time being called on Jo's Chelsea career?
Value Now - £7.75m

n31040128509_7235.jpg

Javier Garrido - Sunderland - £2.7m

Javier unfortunately never stood a chance of getting into the star studded line up, and was quickly transfered north.
WIHN?
Still with Sunderland and with 77 games under his belt, but is still yet to score for his current club.
Value Now - £3.7m

August:
In:

012A49EF-A62A-61E3-4E55F3D08264524F.jpg

Fernando Torres - Liverpool - £70m

The transfer that all the papers were speculating on and the transfer that the fans wanted to see. It doesn't carry any explanation as to why El Nino was wanted at Man City, it just took £70m to coax him away from his current employers

6cf277d71e548c8833869cecb4ff00ff.jpg

James Milner - Aston Villa - £32.5m

An expensive August saw over £100m part company from Man City, but bring in the likes of Torres and now Milner would only strengthen this club. Much is expected, so they need to deliver, and these are the types of players to do so.

September:
In:

A5726651253356388A.jpg

Jack Rodwell - Everton - £24m

Transfer deadline day saw Man City made an 11th hour bid for wonderkid Jack Rodwell. Long time admirer, management saw this a the perfect opportunity to bring Jack in, allow him to learn from the likes of Gareth Barry & Yaya Toure as one day, they could see this kid captaining not just his club, but his country.

January:
In:

ddf738386bd99e15d1c7cced0ae309ff.jpg

Mesut Ozil - Werder Bremen - £20m

Seen as a player to push Alexis Sanchez for the Left sided role, tabs were kept on Mesut before management swooped in. A player who has lit up for both his club and country will fit in well in his new surroundings

Out:

transfers_may10_craigbellamy.jpg

Craig Bellamy - Fiorentina - £6m

Another club to add to the growing list for Craig Bellamy, but with the wealth of strikers at the managers disposal, he was never going to get a game, and wasn't happy with just the odd Carling Cup appearance. So Craig left for Fiorentina.
WIHN?
In a rare move for Craig, he has managed to stay at a club for over 3 seasons, notching up 43 games and 15 goals in the process
Value Now - £160k

0ec15bc2779fd7ddb11aa83f00355986.jpg

Stephen Ireland - Udinese - £9m

Another international leaving for the shores of Italy with another player not able to get into the side with the wealth of players having arrived.
WIHN?
Stephen has been a key figure for Udinese over the past 3 seasons and has even stick with them through last seasons relegation to Serie B. Stephen has played 88 games and scored 14 goals.
Value Now - £3.8m

zabaleta.jpg

Paolo Zabaleta - Sevilla - £7m

A return to form for Micah Richards has seen him cement his right back position resulting in Paolo looking for pastures new.
WIHN?
It took a while for Paolo to gain his place in the team, but he is now performing strongly and regularly. 66 games under his belt but like Javier, still no goal for his new club.
Value Now - £5m

With a difference of £140m, how did that help City in their respective cups?

clip_image002_025.jpg

3rd - A late surge saw City leap frog the likes of Liverpool & Manchester United and into a coveted UEFA Champions League spot. Exactly where the club wanted to be

fa-cup.jpg

Winners - A stunning FA Cup run saw The Citizens beat a resilient Chelsea at Wembley 2-0

3C28F15B-970C-FFFA-C5DB4C4DB69D11A9.jpg

3rd Round - A poor performance against Liverpool saw City crash out of the league cup with a 1-0 defeat at home

images

1st Knockout Stage - Man City's 1st stint in the Europa League saw them qualify from their league but go down fighting to Stuttgart on away goals rule.

So Season One out of the way, at least the fans had a trophy to celebrate. But that wouldn't keep them quiet for long, the fans expected, and so did everyone within the club. 10/11 was going to be a big season, and not just in the transfer market.

I'm really excited to see what happens.
Whens next update? (Y)

Maybe not a story as such but still an interesting read, well written, keep up the good work.

Wow, you spent over £100 mil on Torres & Milner alone?

I know I spent £40 mil up front, plus clauses leading to £60 mil the same season and then a total of £100 mil over 4 years on one player .. But that was David Villa, who banged in 40 goals in the Premiership first season.

So is the story only a recap of what you have done in the transfer market and how you did in the competitions?

...A ridiculously easy save that shouldn't be a story?

What does £700m get you?

10 Ferraris
6 Edin Dzeko's
1,245,342 Mars Bars
120 Mr. Whippy Ice Creams
4,468 1p sweets
2,700 bottles of Aussie Shampoo
170 Abercrombie Hoodies
600 DFS Sofas
2 Fratton Parks
1/2 a Cristiano Ronaldo
65 top of the range TOSHIBA laptops
271 full sets of Calloway golf clubs

What does £700m get you?

10 Ferraris
6 Edin Dzeko's
1,245,342 Mars Bars
120 Mr. Whippy Ice Creams
4,468 1p sweets
2,700 bottles of Aussie Shampoo
170 Abercrombie Hoodies
600 DFS Sofas
2 Fratton Parks
1/2 a Cristiano Ronaldo
65 top of the range TOSHIBA laptops
271 full sets of Calloway golf clubs

That one was good :)

how did you manage to not win the league with that team? it must of been harder to finish third that to win it.

team needs time to gel, first season is allways meh with city7real if you bring in 5-6-7+ new starters

wow looking forward to next season it is very interestng :)

ive also started with man city with one of the summer updates from this site, and i have to say ive been enoying it, i kept Hart Ireland and Onoucha and they have all been great sometimes keeping Ozil, mexes and akinfeev out of the squad!

also i payed 110m for lahm >.> i really wanted him.

Tevez has been amazing he scores from everywhere even freekicks and he only has 16 rating in freekicks for me