What foundations should you look for in a club to build on?

Wallace

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So straight to it, what foundations should you look for in a club to build on? I've been playing FM12 on and off since release and I have never had a go at building a lower league or lower reputation club into something much more. I have had a couple of games were I've saved clubs from relegation, they were very enjoyable and go to the wire which keep you interested. I'm a Chelsea fan and of course I had to have a go at managing them this was also enjoyable for obvious reasons lol! Now I would like to have a go at building a club up, but I would like to pick your brains as to what to look for in a club. I look forward to your reply's!

Thanx guys!

i would probably say look for a club that have an okay financial footing and no debt if possible. however i always intend on looking for teams with the youngest squads.

Try to play in a different country. My most enjoyable save was with Murcia where I got promoted although the medie predictions were on 18th.

Your local team is generally a good place to start unless it's Chelsea

I pick teams that have a good fanbase more than anything else, although if you are playing a very long game you can build that up. Main thing is to play a team that you like or have a passion for, particalarly if you are going to have a 20+ season game. For example I love playing as St. Pauli because in real life they have this cult thing going and have a strong connection to the team I support.

Thanx guys for taking the time to reply! Much appreciated! @Liverpool6792 I simply couldn't go local, living in Northern Ireland we have the semi pro Irish League which is total **** to be honest. @endersgame I only have a passion for one team and that's Chelsea and we are a well established club, Maybe I should let the game pick a random team for me, I don't know. lol!

Why dont you manage a team like Wrexham who have fallen from grace in recent years and see if you can return them to the Football league.