Tic Tac Magick.

Been quality for me as PSG.

Im noticing that quite alot of the older tactics on 11 and 12 that were actually good tactics still work on 13. All the old type of tactics that relied on corners and your striker scoring 70 goals a season are all ****.

I need to revisit my old possession tactics what was once a reasonably solid tactic defensively is now now far too open even **** poor teams nab goals against me... However I am using Villa so I need to see how much of an impact thats having but of the few games I played with Chelsea I still had issues with the defense...

With the crossing bug its impossible to play my preferred 442 Narrow Diamond (4-1-2-1-2)
My 4231 is far too open my two CM's seem to offer no protection...

I havnt tried any of my 3 man backline tactics but Id imagine the crossing bug will destroy them...

Have been using this approach for half a season with Man U and whilst we dont hold that much possession, we win most matches. The crossing flaw or rather the defenders inability to even trying to make intercept crosses makes us score about 2 goals every game from these low crosses played in behind their line of defence.

I will now go back to FM12 until FM13 is out, hoping that this will be sorted, if not in the release, then in one of the first patches.

1st strategy: A wide Control based approach

This is the main approach. Playing rather attacking and using the width of the pitch to be able to create space and drag those deep sitting and tight defences out of position

Click here to view the original image of 800x440px and 1089KB.
13099408.png

so i just started a save with my favorite spanish team, Atlético Madrid and I wanted to get them both financially and in terms of quality equal to Real and Barca.

I didn't sign anyone but got 4 players on loan and sold 2 in the first window, got Coquelin, Bruno, Musacchio and Jermaine Jenas on loan and sold Godín and Gabi.
I am trying to get the team used to playing 4-2-3-1

-----------gk--------
-dr -- dc -- dc -- dl-
----cm(d) - cm(d)----
--- am - ap - am------
---------p------------

i play Falcao as poacher and am trying to retrain Rodríquez and lópez as amc so i get more depth in my team as emre, arda turan and jenas are not enough and hopefully i'll get more money to buy for in january but the thing is that i want falacao to be this goalscoring beast that he is now, he's got 3 creative players behind him but still doesn't score as much as i want him to

has anyone got help for me?
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../106469-madrid-tactic-little-help-needed.html

Goals Galore is working quite well for me. Spurs are at the top after a 10 games. With Doncaster it isn't so successful so I'm trying a 4-4-1 formation I worked on in FM12

Have been using this approach for half a season with Man U and whilst we dont hold that much possession, we win most matches. The crossing flaw or rather the defenders inability to even trying to make intercept crosses makes us score about 2 goals every game from these low crosses played in behind their line of defence.

I will now go back to FM12 until FM13 is out, hoping that this will be sorted, if not in the release, then in one of the first patches.

This is the main approach. Playing rather attacking and using the width of the pitch to be able to create space and drag those deep sitting and tight defences out of position

13099408.png

Anything done to the player instructions?

so i just started a save with my favorite spanish team, Atlético Madrid and I wanted to get them both financially and in terms of quality equal to Real and Barca.

I didn't sign anyone but got 4 players on loan and sold 2 in the first window, got Coquelin, Bruno, Musacchio and Jermaine Jenas on loan and sold Godín and Gabi.
I am trying to get the team used to playing 4-2-3-1

-----------gk--------
-dr -- dc -- dc -- dl-
----cm(d) - cm(d)----
--- am - ap - am------
---------p------------

i play Falcao as poacher and am trying to retrain Rodríquez and lópez as amc so i get more depth in my team as emre, arda turan and jenas are not enough and hopefully i'll get more money to buy for in january but the thing is that i want falacao to be this goalscoring beast that he is now, he's got 3 creative players behind him but still doesn't score as much as i want him to

has anyone got help for me?
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../106469-madrid-tactic-little-help-needed.html

With Falcao's heading and the cross bug on this beta, i'd have everyone cross to him lol

/kneel /bow /kiss /hug to anyone that can point me in a direction of a working tactic.

Im seriously losing my mind here. Tried so many, but none works "decently".

/kneel /bow /kiss /hug to anyone that can point me in a direction of a working tactic.

Im seriously losing my mind here. Tried so many, but none works "decently".

Keep on trying...i'm using a 4-1-4-1 direct pass W/TargetMan. i hate it but i´m finally grinding some results...Borriello has 5 in 5! Not fully convinced and neither is the board!!!

Last edited:
So I changed my 4-2-3-1 to a TC one and though I am first in the league with United second season and pretty much unbeaten,I tend to dominate possession and not create enough away.I will stop playing for two weeks as I have finals from Monday,took time off from work and ended up playing FM all day,past two days.

I have a decent attacking corner set up,its still on the near post.
I kind of got inspired after Liverpool's Suarez got 3 against me in one game from a near post corner.
Its basically like:
Sorting by best jumping or height.Inswinging corners.So left foot on right side and vice versa.
challenge keeper
attack ball from deep
attack far post
stand on far post
two corner takers:
go forward
best long shooter:
lurk outside
striker or poacher on attack near post.
rest two stay back.

I am yet to test but I think outswinging and near post flick on might be pretty good too.

As for the tactics,with United I find it very hard to lose.
And after I sold off Evra and Buttner this season and got in a young 16 year old regen to play first team from Barca.I have still done pretty well to be competitive on all fronts.Only loosing out on the European Super Cup and the League Cup last season.

So I changed my 4-2-3-1 to a TC one and though I am first in the league with United second season and pretty much unbeaten,I tend to dominate possession and not create enough away.I will stop playing for two weeks as I have finals from Monday,took time off from work and ended up playing FM all day,past two days.

I have a decent attacking corner set up,its still on the near post.
I kind of got inspired after Liverpool's Suarez got 3 against me in one game from a near post corner.
Its basically like:
Sorting by best jumping or height.Inswinging corners.So left foot on right side and vice versa.
challenge keeper
attack ball from deep
attack far post
stand on far post
two corner takers:
go forward
best long shooter:
lurk outside
striker or poacher on attack near post.
rest two stay back.

I am yet to test but I think outswinging and near post flick on might be pretty good too.

As for the tactics,with United I find it very hard to lose.
And after I sold off Evra and Buttner this season and got in a young 16 year old regen to play first team from Barca.I have still done pretty well to be competitive on all fronts.Only loosing out on the European Super Cup and the League Cup last season.

I didnt get what kinda tactic you're using now ?

I tried all the tactics but none really works .. did you find a tactic that works perfectly?

13099408.png

Guys anyone know how to get the shouts box come up on the team page like above? Mine never shows up like that. I guess its something simply im not doing?

Guys anyone know how to get the shouts box come up on the team page like above? Mine never shows up like that. I guess its something simply im not doing?
You do know that screenshot is from FM12??