Who's got the worse fans in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite a good idea for a thread, although it will probably be extremely controversial and some people may be offended by it. I would be more specific, as well, such as saying which league (and moving this to 'English Football') and maybe getting some statistics (and also giving a reason) for your suggestion.

I personally would agree with you, in saying Wigan have the worst fans, but it is general (some Wigan fans are loyal and good, but some are quite poor). However, it may be because they don't have as many fans as some of the 'big' teams (such as Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal).

I think what highlights my statements is the fact that mostly (especially when I see it on Match of the Day) they do not fill their stadium up and there are many empty seats. This is not me being purposely biased, by the way, as I am an Arsenal fan. The best fans in the league, I think, have got to be Newcastle fans in their huge numbers. The Toon follow N'Castle through thick and thin and as a local club (many of them have gone to Saint James' Park).

Define 'worst'

Also, this is a terrible idea for a thread.. Unless you enjoy reading through pages of mindless insults, which is what it will come to.

Last edited:
This is almost impossible to answer tbh. When people go on about half empty stadiums being seen on tv, there could be any number of factors. Obviously there's going to be low fan morale, but what if there's a cup game on during midweek and fans are expected to travel hundreds of miles midweek when the weathers ****? There's also a recession on. What if there's 2 matches on during the week and they can only afford to go to one? Then there's family reasons like parents who have tickets but can't afford to go, or can't go as it's a school night. Does taking the above into account make them bad fans? Course not.

There's just so many reasons why people assume other fans from other clubs are "the worst". You will get some who expect success all the time, which would make them spoilt. You would also get fans who are the "johnny come latelys" who think they know everything about the club after supporting them for a couple of years, and think they know more than the ones who have supported the club a few decades.

Only way I can describe the worst fans, are the ones who go to matches for a fight, to shout racist abuse at players, shout homophobic abuse at players, or just be a bunch of dicks. The worst of the worst are the ones who do the above right in front of their kids

Make this topic just to wind me up?

Was probably bored and wanted to start a "debate". Roughly translated into "I'm bored and want to start major arguments".

A trolls playground. These threads usually end up in tears, infractions and bans so ill just save everybody the trouble now and close.

Status
Not open for further replies.