Twitch1404

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I'm new to the whole fm-base posts so excuse me if I'm babbling on or rushing through things, I'm sure I'll pick it up as I go along.

I've been playing FM now for as long as I can remember but I've never began a season with Wolves - as a United fan I've always began with them but this year I decided I'd do things a little differently. I began looking through the teams in the Championship and stumbled across Wolves. They are predicted to finish 13th, which is around mid table, but finishing anywhere below 7th (which they reached last year) would be a disappointment.

I began with speaking to the chairman and the assistant manager before moving on to the scouting assignments. As I only have 3 scouts available and 2 are already being used up, I have asked the final scout to search in Central Europe as I'm unable to search South America due to scouting knowledge, which would have been my first choice.

Other than having one of the star strikers out for 13-15 months the team is looking strong, luckily enough I have Adam Le Fonde on loan who I believe should be a decent enough cover and with the right additions I'm sure I can challenge for a top 6 spot.

View attachment 216606

Here are the two formations that I plan on going with depending on whether it's a home/away game, team is higher/lower than me in the league or if it's a cup game but this may change depending on how preseason goes and players in/out.

View attachment 216605View attachment 216604

So far I've played 3 preseason games, I drew 2-2 with my under 21's, lost 4-0 to FC Nurnberg and beat United reserves 3-0.

I'm coming close to the end of July and I'm noticing I've had to play a lot of youth/reserve players as I seem to have quite a few players picking up injuries and although they may say 1 week to 10 days it's usually longer as their match fitnesses drops.

One thing I've noticed is it's hard to attract players (even though I'm sure we could match the wages they'd request) they're just not interested in joining Wolves because they don't see it as a club that is ambitious.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to who I might be able to get at Wolves(in any position)?

Have you tried getting Liam Bridcutt on loan from Sunderland? Terrific championship player can easily play the DM role.

Ah, Adam Le Fondre, every time I see his name I remember him playing for Stockport County and getting absolutely **** faced with him at the end of season ball. I said to him "You are miles better than Dicko (Liam Dickinson)" Who was our star striker that year.

Turns out I was right.

Good memories.

Ian Lodger - I've just sent a scout to watch him for a bit and he's come back and told me he would be a decent signing but Sunderland are willing to let him go on loan due to first team commitments and the player has no intention of joining Wolves.

SteVieBizzLe - That must have been some time ago cos as far back as I can remember I can only remember seeing him in a Rotherham shirt which must have been about 7/8 years ago.

I'm proud to announce I made my first signing on the season, he spent last season at Empoli before he was released and jumped around 2 or 3 other clubs before that. His stats are pretty decent and when I compare them to the CM/DM's I have now in my squad he's top 3 so that adds strength to the midfield. My aim now is to bring in some cover up top and at the back.

View attachment 216387

My second and third signings arrived from Lokomotiv Moscow and Start for a fee of around £1m together, one is a bit old but will add the experience at the back that is needed and the other will add some fresh legs to the attacking side of the midfield.

View attachment 216347
View attachment 216346

I've managed to get my first game under way to Blackburn away. The game started out well, we attacked from the off and was able to score within the first 20 minutes. We held out well for the remainder of the half but an injury to Guarente meant he had to be brought off and was replaced by Conor Coady. We began second half a little edgy and that allowed them to pull one back on the hour mark. I made another change and brought McDonald off for Ojo (currently on loan from Liverpool) and we managed to see out the rest of the game with it ended 1-1. Not a bad start to the season, I would have preferred a win but at least it wasn't a defeat.

I've been tweaking my tactics as I feel I don't have sufficient cover in the wing areas to play with wingers so I'm going for a more central formation and hoping I can boss the midfield.

View attachment 216345
View attachment 216343