Working on a interdivisional league of sorts

Wolf_pd

Reaction score
Well, working might not be the right description, I am drawing it out at the moment.

I have in mind a league with 4 regional groups, which play inside their region each team twice and outside their region each team once. I am not sold yet on the total amount of teams, but that is the idea. I am having a hard time finding out how to get it working. Probably because of the simple reason it isn't possible.

The second option would be to work with 4 regions and make a sort of country wide finale. A sort of final 4 or something. That should be work, but looking into that didn't give me any positive results yet.

If anyone could make a start, country, teams etcetera doesn't matter, it would be most welcome. Just a start to give me an idea what I am doing wrong and what I am doing right.

for teh second option you'd probably need sub divisions for your top level and then a championship playoff that covers all divisions.

the otehr option might need to be done using groups but i'm not sure how that option works as i've not used it before.

The only way you could get the first option working is with the advanced rules panel but I'm not sure whether SI has disabled it this year

Sammyt, could you maybe give me a headstart with the second option? I have worked on it, no luck so far. Probably the problem is human... ;)

I have looked at the first through a MLS xml I found on another board. It looks deceivingly simple, but I am pretty sure when I would edit anything the whole file falls apart.

i've not figuered out how to make teams play cross division games yet.

but i have setup this template for you. it's not got much detail in it but hopefully it will help you figure out where you were going wrong. if you want to rename and reposition the leagues to the nation you want then it will save you abit of time. atm they are set in montserrat because that is a low ranking nation with no competitions already in the game. if you wanted the sub divisions regionalised then you'll need to look up the longitude and latitude of the clubs you're putting in the divisions to make sure they stay the same throughout.

below you'll find the link to the template. hope it helps :)

Wolf_pd template.dbc

I have looked it through and compared it with my own work and already found several issues.
Changing my data based on your example helped a lot, thanks!

Worked out the competition, even though I changed it quite a bit in the end.

Now playing two subdivisions with 20 teams each and 76 games each league. The month of April is stuffed with games ;)

I added a Super Cup game at the end of the season between the Eastern and Western Conference, but that one didn't work out unfortunately :( (turns out it only doesn't work for the first season)...

So there is my next challenge ;) Besides getting all teams the correct colours and data... Ouch!

Last edited: