Reaction score
Wrecking Ball - ChristianEriksen

Don't expect a gamebreaker. This is a realistic formation. But expect to have enjoyable save games!

View attachment 60943

FM TOUCH

- New Arsenal squad: no Alexis Sanchez, no Olivier Giroud and no Theo Walcott.
- No Underdog Tactic used.
- Ridiculous injury problems.

FM NORMAL

- Both Attacking and Underdog Tactic used.
- Underdog team, predicted to end up in the relegation zone.
- Real management.

No opposition instructions and train whatever you like.

View attachment 60937

hey buddy. what team instructions do you use for this tactic??

The legend is back!

Going to try this soon when I have some more time to play FM again. (But with a AP or Mezalla instead of CM. Because I'm that kind of guy.)

Love this formation, i tried to make an identical tactic but i failed. I had a tactic i think, in FM 2018 with this formation and at the time was a game breaker. Will try and post the results. THANKS

Yes! The most enjoyable and fun tactics to watch in FM universe are back!

Do you know if the tactic work in the last update?

oh-hoh, yes please. looks just perfect for the current Liverpool default squad, and I was looking to start a new save anyway because I wasn't really satisfied with what I've tried so far. gonna give it a spin and report back.

So i use underdog tactics if I use weak teams? And attack tactic if I use a strong team ? Also can I change cm attack to ap attack ? Also can I change sk to normal gk?

Last edited:
I see in your Arsenal setup you use the IFs on the side of their stronger foot. does it at all matter do you think? naturally I'd put Salah on the right and Mané on the left in my Liverpool game but that's the opposite. i guess i'll have to experiment but curious as to how you see it.

I see in your Arsenal setup you use the IFs on the side of their stronger foot. does it at all matter do you think? naturally I'd put Salah on the right and Mané on the left in my Liverpool game but that's the opposite. i guess i'll have to experiment but curious as to how you see it.

Have em swapping during the game?

One game with United. 4-0 away win at Liverpool. Plugged into my Peterhead save, 3-0 win at home to Montrose. Plays excellent football. Will see how we progress.

Im using City in 2025 lol But i have Dybala cutting in from the right to use his left and I have De Bruyne cutting in from the left to use his right and Its been going well for me so far!

Im using City in 2025 lol But i have Dybala cutting in from the right to use his left and I have De Bruyne cutting in from the left to use his right and Its been going well for me so far!

yes, so far it seems to work better for me as well for the big guns to play on their weaker side and cut inside whereas the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain operate better on their strong foot side. might be totally random, though.

but i really dig the tactic so far.

wow went awful first game for me, started new save with liverpool, went for the attacking tactic, friendlies at home was pretty succesfull but first prem game got destroyed 4-0 against Crystal Palace, Benteke scored 3, but should have scored probably 3 more :O.

here's how we stand at half-time in my first season:

View attachment 60676View attachment 60675View attachment 60674View attachment 60672View attachment 60673

going pretty good so far, other than getting our ***** kicked in a meaningless group game vs Atletico and an exercise in bad defending away at Arsenal results are great. abandoned the underdog version after a while, seemed like we're big boys enough to use solely the attacking version. front three seems best as pictured, though now that Firmino is out Salah is standing in as the striker, not the best for him but at least Ox gets his chance to shine. don't know why he's so good but I'm sure not complaining.

so yeah, so far so good, good but not overwhelmingly game breaking results, now to not make a botch of the winter transfer window. to be continued.

Last edited: