This tactic doesn't work for me as Liverpool.

it does well for the Italian national team as well. but it worked best for Chelsea

it does well for the Italian national team as well. but it worked best for Chelsea

Ah that's good. Italy unfortunately does not have many wingers! I am working on a narrow tactic though, which should work very well with Italy.

Guys,

You know maybe what attributes should I pay attention to, when looking for a particular player? I managed now to reach the 5th place in 1.Bundesliga with my Ingolstadt, and I'm looking now for a new tactic (using now Raikans Might and Magic) in order to reach at least 4th place, to play in european cups.

This tactic only seems to work for the very, very top teams. The defense is pretty much non-existant if you don't have a Barcelona or Man U backline. So many one-on-one's, free shots at empty nets, it's somewhat shocking. And for lower teams who don't have a Messi or Rooney, you don't score nearly enough goals to make up for all the ones your defense lets in.

I've been losing 1-3, 3-4, 1-4, and 0-4 in my last 4 games with St. Pauli, after leading them to the Bundesliga last season with my own tactic. I set the team to work on defensive positioning before each match, it makes no noticeable difference.

Without playing with a top team or getting enough money to buy the best defenders around, I just can't see this tactic working for lower teams.

GobBluthJD - I think I can help you. I started to play Ingolstadt 8 seasons ago, and now I'm 5th in 1st Bundesliga (promoted after 4th season). I used JP's Woody German style tactic (it's posted on fmbase). Worked perfectly, although I didn't have the best players (St. Pauli is much better and as far as I remember, they have good wingers and strikers, lost some games against'em). After promotion You get a big shot of money, but still, there are 15 teams better than yours. So I added Raikans Might and Magic for better defence. Lost many games, draw many games, but won also some, and got 15th. Now after 3 seasons in 1st Bundesliga I have some really talented players, so I'm switching to this one Xenons 4-2-4. Can't wait till I try this, sounds great, matches my player attributes :)

Hope it helped.

This tactic works with my Castilla team in Spanish B1 division very well though and I was media ppredicted 9th and im top of the league

xenon, why you don't post your tactic to the Si forum....you should be more famous than mr Hough and other...:p

btw, thank you for this tactic...for me is working amazingly, i won 2 bundesliga and 2 german cuo in 2 years, not yet champion's, but i'm working with some talented guy (team age around 20-21 years).

i have coulibaly (totenham at the start) on the right and sanogo on the left, they are simply fantastic, in febrary the have abaut 20-25 gol each one in the league, not bad.

(sorry for my poor english)

This tactic only seems to work for the very, very top teams. The defense is pretty much non-existant if you don't have a Barcelona or Man U backline. So many one-on-one's, free shots at empty nets, it's somewhat shocking. And for lower teams who don't have a Messi or Rooney, you don't score nearly enough goals to make up for all the ones your defense lets in.

I've been losing 1-3, 3-4, 1-4, and 0-4 in my last 4 games with St. Pauli, after leading them to the Bundesliga last season with my own tactic. I set the team to work on defensive positioning before each match, it makes no noticeable difference.

Without playing with a top team or getting enough money to buy the best defenders around, I just can't see this tactic working for lower teams.

I totally disagree. Xenon's tactics are very good defensively for plug and play tactics. One of the best out there imo.

i'm not very confident with this "insert image"...wtf!

sorry...

XeNoNf50's 4-2-4 works very good for bottom teams. Although my Ingolstadt is now after half a season 7th, its due to my mistakes (i guess to much rotation), but I promoted to knockout stage in European Cup (having still 2 games to play in group stage). A very good tactic, and it does work with weaker teams. I almost draw with Arsenal away, and thats an achievement, won with Braga 2 times. Good right CM, fast and good crossing wingers, and well finishing striker, that's what worked for me. Only problem I have, is that when my team is the favorite one to win, they are getting lazy, and loosing with bottom teams. thats annoying

Last edited:
This tactic is the bollox!

Using Javier Hernandez as my right striker, stats below.

33 League Appearances = 48 Goals
61 Total Comp Appearences = 84 Goals

This was in one season and was the best season he has had so far!

Want to try the 4-2-3-1 narrow but scared to mess my save up!!

This tactic is the bollox!

Using Javier Hernandez as my right striker, stats below.

33 League Appearances = 48 Goals
61 Total Comp Appearences = 84 Goals

This was in one season and was the best season he has had so far!

Want to try the 4-2-3-1 narrow but scared to mess my save up!!

Wow nice! If you are Man Utd don't use a narrow tactic. Play to your strengths and keep this one!

Did XeNoN finish his season with United?

Will try this with Ajax. (H)

Wow nice! If you are Man Utd don't use a narrow tactic. Play to your strengths and keep this one!
Yeah im sticking with it I think. Do you know of any players who may do as well as Hernandez using this tactic? I think maybe Yaya Sanogo would do well!

Hi XeNoN yours tactic really awesome
I am played with MU and get treble winner (UCL, BPL, FA)
this some screen shoots
Barclays%2520Premier%2520League%2520%2528Overview_%2520Stages%2529.jpg

and this what my players do
Barclays%2520Premier%2520League%2520%2528Stats_%2520Player%2520Stats%2529.jpg

Valencia
Antonio%2520Valencia%2520%2528Overview_%2520Attributes%2529.jpg

Gotze
Mario%2520G%25C3%25B6tze%2520%2528Overview_%2520Attributes%2529.jpg

Ryan Giggs
Ryan%2520Giggs%2520%2528Overview_%2520Attributes%2529.jpg

Rooney
Wayne%2520Rooney%2520%2528Overview_%2520Attributes%2529.jpg

Hernandez
Javier%2520Hern%25C3%25A1ndez%2520%2528Overview_%2520Attributes%2529.jpg

but I am worry about my 2nd seasons, if i look in some of my last match, its like "they know already what I am do"
so can you give me some advice??
Manchester%2520United%2520%2528Matches_%2520Matches%2529.jpg