Will1981

Reaction score
I decided to start a new game with Hinckley Town my closest local team, they are currently the worst team in the english football league system sitting bottom of the Blue Square North with 4 points and a goal difference of -50.

In the game they are predicted to finish 19th out of 22 in the Blue Square North and only have a wage budget of £600 a week and they are already spending £400 a week on wages.

To start with I decided to try and add a couple of players to there tiny squad which was difficult considering there pitiful wage budget but I managed to sign the following 3 players:

Matthew Harris a 19 year old English Winger
Steffan Jones a 19 year old Welsh Central Defender
James Pearson (Nigel's son) a 19 year old Central Midfielder on a season long loan from feeder club Leicester.

I then made the following tactic with my main aim being to concede as few goals as possible and make my team very hard to beat.

GK - Goalkeeper - Defend
RB - Full-Back - Defend
CB - Center-Back - Defend
CB - Center Back - Defend
CB - Center Back - Defend
LB - Full-Back - Defend
CM - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend
CM - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend
AMR - Defensive Winger - Support
AML - Defensive Winger - Support
ST - Defensive Forward - Attack

Style - Very Rigid
Strategy - Defensive

The Results I had with this tactic were suprising to me as even with the weakest squad in the league I managed to finish well above expectations and survive relegation finishing in 13th place with the following stats:

Games 42
Wins 10
Draws 23
Losses 9
Goals 25
Conceded 21
Goal Difference +4
Points 53
Clean Sheets 26
0-0 Draws 17

I found that the team did fade quite badly in the 2nd half of the season conceding 16 goals compared to only 5 in the first half of the season.

I have included some screenshots of this tactic below and would like to get some feedback on this tactic.

I plan on releasing this tactic to the community but need to think of a good name for it so if any body has any suggestions for a good name for this tactic please post them on here.

you must be a professional bus driver, because I have never seen someone park a bus quite as well as this.

But seriously, I'm using this with my lower league french side and it is the most effective was to stop a goal I've ever seen