Anyone else ever come across this?

DJN2K11

Reaction score
Hi All, just registered with FM-Base to specifically ask this question, but its a great site which I look forward to looking around!

I'm in 2049 on my current game of FM 2011. I have been manager of Leicester, Newcastle, Liverpool, Ireland, England, Man City, Portsmouth, Blackpool, Tottenham, and now Burnley. One thing that is annoying me is that I have desperately been trying to get the Liverpool job back for about fifteen years! This is the team I had most success with on the game and their stadium is even named after me! Vedrun Corluka took over when I left Liverpool and he has finally (after 25 years+ at the helm) left to manage England. I was made up, especially when the news flash came up that I was favourite to land the job. I immediately went to put in my application but on the job page the 'apply' button is missing. I can apply for any other job but not the Liverpool job. On this occasion I assumed it was because they had given the job already to the assistant manager (none other than Martin Skrtel!) so I decided to wait it out until next time the job became available. Skrtel didnt last very long and was sacked half way through the season, my name was the again linked as the strongest candidate for the job. However when I went to the apply screen I was faced with the same problem, no 'apply', just 'apply for all', but when I press that it applies for every job but the Liverpool one. Some guy called Espinosa ended up getting it but he has just been sacked, my name again is linked with the job. But low and behold, no 'apply' button! So frustrating!

Has anyone else come across this? I think it may be because I left when contract talks broke down, I kept rejecting their wage offer (me and my mate have this thing about getting our total career earnings as high as possible, sad I know!) and they let me go by mutual consent. Any ideas?

if ur link to manage liverpool, then wait for liverpool to offer ur a managing seat. the "apply button" only apares if the club has no manager, or it will say "declare interest" if teh current manager is close of sacking.

plus if ur in a press confence, n a question comes about u being linked to liverpool, and u say yes, then hopefully liverpool will consider u, other wise just do ur job .

Try resigning from your current post and be jobless for a while and then try reapplying when the current LFC manager is sacked.

Ive downloaded FMRTE but when I try and put myself as manager of Liverpool it say you can only make yourself manager of a nation. Tried resigning and being jobless too but no joy. Thanks for your replies tho, the FMRTE is good!

Ive downloaded FMRTE but when I try and put myself as manager of Liverpool it say you can only make yourself manager of a nation. Tried resigning and being jobless too but no joy. Thanks for your replies tho, the FMRTE is good!
No it sucks, it is for ******!

I had a similar issue with a player and a member of staff.

I cancelled contract offers shortly after making them for one reason or another. Within a short while I realised that I actually wanted both so tried to go back and 'make an offer' or 'approach to sign' and neither was showing up.

If I remember rightly, I went to the transfer centre home screen and the cancelled deals were still showing as being offered. After highlighting the deals and cancelling, I was then able to re-approach as initially intended.

I realise this has nothing to do with becoming manager, but sounds like a similar problem and may be something in it

When it says you are linked to the job in your inbox, there will be a little choice box at the bottom. In there you can either distance yourself from the job so your current employers get happy, refuse to comment on it, or declare interest in which case your employers get angry and sometimes sack you.

Guys i wanna ask you a question. If im kanaging a club right now and a national team is available for applications can i apply without losing my other job?

yes mate, u cna mange both club and country at the same time.