Barcelona - La Masia - Homegrown Challenge the 2nd

coolmcool

Reaction score
Barcelona

View attachment 872994

So i did a similar story towards the end of FM 2014 were i basically didnt sign a single player and tried to bring in players from the youth intake and b team, This is more of a fun save whilst i drink and watch the Champions League Final especially as the first couple of seasons are pretty boring until the youth come through so i will blitz them.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...barcelona-la-masia-homegrown-challenge-4.html

This years FM its a lot easier as Barcelona bought so many players before their real life transfer ban but in the other save once i was around 5 seasons in i had some real quality youth in the side.

So i will only be spending money on the training and youth facilities, Stadium and coaches to make sure we create the next Messi.

Aims for the Save

Majority of Squad Homegrown

Youth Intake Players In First Team

Youth Intake Players Becoming Internationals.

I have no set time for the aims their more just what i would like, im not going to sell all of my non homegrown players or non Spanish i will just let them naturally move on over the course of several seasons.

And so it begins.

Unknown English Manager Takes Charge of Barcelona Promises Spending Days are Over

View attachment 259188

A quick glance at the club and here are my three youngsters with the most potential

Munir - AMLRC

View attachment 259187

Adama Traore - AMR

View attachment 259185

Alex Grimaldo - DL

View attachment 259184

Another long term aim is to get the Spain National job and usher in a new era with predominantly my young stars.

Barcelona

View attachment 873049

Aug/Sep/Oct 2014

First job was to get our Training Facilities Upgraded

View attachment 259170

La Liga Odds - Joint Favourites

View attachment 259169

Starting 11 and Tactic For 1st Game

View attachment 259168

Suarez is banned and Neymar, Pedro and Xavi are injured so youngsters Roberto, Rafinha and Munir are all in the starting line-up.

Straight-forward Champions League Group

View attachment 259167

Transfer History

View attachment 259166

Adriano leaves for a small fee whilst a few youngsters leave on loans for the season.

New Signing Matthieu Out for 3 Months

View attachment 259165

Aug-Oct Results

View attachment 259163

Well it was almost the perfect start to the new season with 11 wins out of 12 with our only blip a 2-2 draw against Real Madrid in the league in the Final match of the month with youngster Sergi Roberto scoring a very late equalizer.
We have only conceded 4 goals so far in all competitions whilst we are regularly getting 4's and 5's in our matches.

League Table

View attachment 259162

So despite such a dominant start Real Madrid had a similar one so after 9 games we are on equal points with 8 wins each and our draw against each other.

Best Player So Far - Neymar - 15 Goals - 7 Assists

View attachment 259159

Best Young Player So Far - Rafinha - 7 Goals - 5 Assists

View attachment 259158

delefeou is still a good winger...he has helped my arsenal team win 3 champions leagues in a row

delefeou is still a good winger...he has helped my arsenal team win 3 champions leagues in a row
He was already out on loan this season before i got to the club but will definitely be in my plans when he gets back to the club, he was one of my best players in last years save i did.

Barcelona

View attachment 873243

Nov/Dec 2014

A bit of an injury crisis mainly in the CM area with Xavi, Iniesta, Roberto and Traore all out for at least 2 Months

View attachment 259078View attachment 259077View attachment 259076View attachment 259075

Nov/Dec Results

View attachment 259074

Another brilliant couple of months with 9 wins out of 11 one draw and our first loss. First off i managed to play a whole host of the second string in the Spanish Cup and still win 8-1 on aggregate in the 4th rnd whilst we beat Man City at the beginning of the month to secure our place in the knockouts and allow me to rest some key players in our Final two group games which showed in our 1-1 draw with Galatasary but we did have Neymar score a Hattrick in the Final group game.
In the league we won 5 but lost our first game of the season right in the middle against an impressive Valencia side.

Champions League Group Table

View attachment 259073

We Draw Ajax in the Knockout Stages

View attachment 259072

La Liga Table

View attachment 259071

So were top of the table 2 points ahead of Valencia who have played a game more but Real are the real concern still undefeated this season and 5 points off us but with 2 games in hand. Neymar is top of the average rating chart and Goalscoring charts along with being in the top 3 for assists.

Best Player so far - Neymar - 24 Goals - 11 Assists

View attachment 259070

Best Young Player so far - Marc Bartra

View attachment 259069

Barcelona

View attachment 873291

Jan/Feb 2015

Barcelona Players Win All The Big Awards

Neymar Wins World Golden Ball

View attachment 259058

Neymar Also Wins World Player of the Year

View attachment 259057

4 Barcelona Players In World Team of the Year

View attachment 259056

Rafinha Wins European Golden Boy

View attachment 259055

Winter Transfer Window

View attachment 259054

We only let Halilovic and Traore leave on loan for the rest of the season as they were not getting any games with us.

Jan/Feb Results

View attachment 259053

So overall it was 15 wins from 17 games with 1 loss and 1 draw as we comfortably beat Malaga, Levante and Sevilla in two legged matches to go through to the Cup Final.
In Europe we manged to beat Ajax 3-2 in the 1st leg of our Champions League Knockout rnd match thanks to a very late Messi goal.
Domestically we had 8 decent wins but did drop points in a couple of poor games losing to R.Sociedad at the start of the New Year before only managing a draw against Levante only weeks after beating them twice in the Cup.

Spanish Cup Final Will See Us Face Real Madrid.

View attachment 259052

League Table

View attachment 259051

10 points clear of Real Madrid but they do have 3 games in hand and with them only losing once this season the lead could quite easily get cut to 1 point when they catch up. Messi has twice as many league goals as most of his opponents whilst Ronaldo doesnt even make the top 5.

Best Player So Far - Lionel Messi - 51 Goals

View attachment 259050

I think this is my first time as Barcelona were i have actually been able to emulate his real life goalscoring exploits.

Best Young Player So Far - Alex Grimaldo

View attachment 259049

I didnt think he would play as much as he has so far this season but Alba has been rather injury prone with a lot of small niggling injuries.

I have Grimaldo on loan in my Barnsley save (season two, in Championship)! He´s a beast as inverted fullback.

This game is unrealistic, Ronaldo has too many assists!

In all seriousness, good start though! :)

I have Grimaldo on loan in my Barnsley save (season two, in Championship)! He´s a beast as inverted fullback.
Yeah man hes done better than expected for me so far, thanks for reading.
This game is unrealistic, Ronaldo has too many assists!

In all seriousness, good start though! :)
Thanks mate, dont thing hes passed the ball 13 times in real life this season let alone set up 13 goals!

Barcelona

View attachment 873726

March/April 2015

Poor First Youth Intake

View attachment 258857

You have to really look at the stats with a team like Barca as no-one is anywhere near Messi so even really good prospects are lucky to have 3 star potential.

Ouch! I would 8-2 be a Real Madrid Fan right now

View attachment 258856

They did have a few injuries though

View attachment 258855

The Massive Madrid win all but secured my new 3 year deal

View attachment 258854

At the beginning of April were fighting on 3 fronts and none of our key players have had long term injuries until Messi went and broke his leg!

View attachment 258853

57 goals already but i wanted him to score more! We will have to rely on Rafinha to help replace him with Suarez and Neymar.

March/April Results

View attachment 258852

So first off in Europe we managed to beat Ajax in our second leg to secure a place in the Quarter Finals were we would face Bayern Munich we lost to them 3-2 in Germany but nicked a 1-0 result back in Spain which secured us an away goals win to set up a Champions League Semi Final with Chelsea.
We won all 9 league games on the spin over the two months with Suarez really stepping up since Messi's injury with 12 goals in 2 months. That last result against Getafe secured us the League too!

Barcelona Wins La Liga

View attachment 258851

League Table

View attachment 258850

Those injuries to key players really took their toll on Real Madrid as we win the League with 4 games to spare and are currently a massive 14 points clear at the top of the table. Their biggest issue could be despite Ronaldo scoring 27 goals so far only 11 have been in the League compaired to Messi's 39 league goals.

Best Player In Past 2 Months - Luis Suarez - 32 Goals

View attachment 258849

Best Young Player In Past 2 Months - Rafinha - 10 Goals

View attachment 258847

That moment when you realize your 3rd Choice Keeper Jordi Masip will play in the Spanish Cup Final and Champions League Semi Finals because Stegen and Bravo are likely to miss the rest of the season!

View attachment 258720

Barcelona

View attachment 875028

May 2015

So the start of the month was poor with our new GK in the side as we lost to Cordoba, We then managed to grab a 2-2 draw away from home to Chelsea before putting 5 past R.Sociedad including Neymar grabbing a second half hattrick.
We then beat Chelsea back at our place with Suarez scoring the only goal of the game.

We Drew Schalke in the Champions League Finals

View attachment 258279

Spanish Cup Final V Real Madrid

View attachment 258277

This game had everything as Real Madrid had a player sent off in the first half then two more go off injured whilst we scored both of our goals in the second half before conceding a penalty and getting a player sent off to give the game a nervy end but we secured our second trophy of the season and our on course for the Treble.

May Results

View attachment 258273

After the Cup match i played a few squad players in our last 2 league games losing to Atletico Madrid before ending the league season with a win over Deportivo.

Barcelona Break League Goals Record

View attachment 258271

League Table

View attachment 258270

So we won the league by a massive 11 points but this is going to get harder next year as Real Madrid spend a fortune on players and we do nothing but it was amazing to see Neymar and Messi top the Goalscoring Charts, average rating charts and assists chart.

Just before the Champions League Final Real Madrid sacked Ancelotti and brought in Roberto Mancini

View attachment 258263

Champions League Final V Schalke

View attachment 258260

Oh yes we secure a Treble just like our real life counter-parts as we sow up the Champions League before Schalke knew what had hit them with Suarez netting two goals inside 10 minutes before Nastasic sealed the win with an own goal.

Barcelona

View attachment 875436

End of Season Stats And Awards
May 2015

Squad in Order of Most Apps

View attachment 258090

So my best 3 Players known as MSN had an even better season than in real life as we replicated their goalscoring form with 134 goals between the 3 of them in all competitions.
I would be happy for my Top Scorer to have Suarez's 37 Goals but hes only 3rd at Barcelona.
They also set up each others goals too with 69 assists between them.

Lionel Messi - 57 Goals

View attachment 258089

Neymar - 40 Goals

View attachment 258088

Luis Suarez - 37 Goals

View attachment 258087

A lot of Awards

View attachment 258086View attachment 258085View attachment 258084View attachment 258083View attachment 258082View attachment 258081

7 Players In Team of the Year with 2 More on the Bench only Iniesta and Busquets missesd out from our starting 11

View attachment 258080

Best Eleven - This Season

View attachment 258079

So thats Season one over and the big news is that Xavi may well be leaving the club in the summer, hes not a regular anymore but wants an improved contract on his already 205k a week deal when really i would be looking to half that, a few players like Deulofeu will also be coming back from loans and ready to play a part in the first team squad and the most important thing is getting Messi back to full fitness after his broken leg, hes likely to be out until September.

Unlucky to have messi break his leg but great first season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barcelona

View attachment 876444

Aug 2015

We are favourites to retain our League Title

View attachment 257663

Spanish Transfer Window Roundup

View attachment 257662

So Madrid didnt spend too much for them in the off-season buying Morata back from Juventus and signing Hummels and William Carvalho for a combined £64Million

Starting 11 and Tactic For First Game of New Season

View attachment 257661

So the main changes from previous years of the Barcelona side are Pedro playing instead of the injured Messi, Sergi Roberto ahead of Xavi and Montoya ahead of Alves who i managed to get to sign a new deal.

European Super Cup V Everton

View attachment 257660

Despite having Alba sent off in the first half we dominated the match with goals from Suarez, Neymar and Iniesta to seal my 4th trophy.

Im already Ranked 8th in the Best English Managers of all time after 13 months with Barcelona

View attachment 257659

Not long after this we beat Real Madrid 3-0 over two legs to secure the Spanish Super Cup, my 5th Trophy and second of the season, win the Club World Championship in December and i will have a domestic clean sweep

View attachment 257658

Barcelona

View attachment 877230

Aug/Sept 2015

Dani Alves Set to Miss 3 month whilst Rakitic is out for 5 Months!

View attachment 257300View attachment 257299

We draw Man City in the Champions League Group Stages Again

View attachment 257298

Barcelona Summer Transfer History

View attachment 257297

So the likes of Halilovic, Dongou and Samper all leave on loan deals whilst the big transfer deal was Xavi joining Liverpool for just under £1Million he want mega money to stay and i wanted to replace him as Captain and felt this was an easier way without everyone freaking out.

Aug/Sept Results

View attachment 257289

So along with the trophies we have already won this season we won 5 out of our opening 7 games as we went through a little rough patch losing to Real Madrid and drawing with Levante in the league whilst only managing a draw against Shakhtar in the Champions League, we did manage put 5 past Genk in our other Champions League match.

League Table

View attachment 257287

Ouch! Madrid have the perfect seven so far so we are already 5 points off the pace and down in 5th place but Suarez is topping the Goalscoring chart.

Best Player - Luis Suarez - 14 Goals - 4 Assists

View attachment 257285

Best Young Player - Neymar - 9 Goals - 9 Assists

View attachment 257284