Cheap central defender for Arsenal to play alongside Gallas/Otamendi

c.b

Reaction score
Nice and cheap.

Maximum price of about £6 million.

There's no David Luiz in my game.

Arsenal always sign Danny Wilson on my saves and he always becomes their top performer, never went for him so i have no idea how much he's initialy worth sorry.

If you need an instant impact though, well looking at Gallas and Otamendi theyre both not very dominant in the air, i would go for a realistic signing that is cheap, my suggestion would be Christoph Metzelder from real; he has decent passing, dominant in the air and very solid, probably less than 6mill to pick up i would guess.

Or on the topic of cheap solid germans maybe Westermann from Schalke?

Last edited:
And these players can slot into the first team straight away?

Chychovski or whatshisname from barca, Ukranian dude is really solid and used as a backup so shouldn't be too expensive.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Kryvtsov, Juhasz, Van Damme

If its the Van Damme I'm thinking doesn't he have really low composure/concentration and injury proneness? He was dirt cheap with ok other stats though. And works as a left back too.

Gael Givet or Brede Hangeland?

I like the look of Kryvstov, I'm going in for him.

danny wilson is solid from the off, but mathias jorgensen from FC Kobenhaven becomes legendary. really good defender and only 1.8m. scored 10 goals from corners in my first season for valencia too.

Hmm... you've provided me with good options. Gallas declines quickly so I might just grab a few of them.

Verkhovtsev has been solid in cup league and champions league for my Birmingham story and very solid , fans player of season twice in 3 years and was on euro championship team of the tournament

Kryvstov blue balled me at the last and went off to Juve, I made an offer for Jorgensen but my assistant manager strongly recommended I withdraw the offer for him. Strange. Danny Wilson's at the club and I'm going in for Verkhovtsev. Looks better than Kryvstov anyway.

if its not too late, darnel situ- starts off good and turns amazing. lethal from corners, highly, highly dependable, and an insperasional captain. you can usually get him in 1st season for around that price, maybe a few small installments. View attachment 85244

here you see his highly respectable average ratings over the past few years

Verkhovtsev has been solid in cup league and champions league for my Birmingham story and very solid , fans player of season twice in 3 years and was on euro championship team of the tournament

Verkhovtsev has been a collosus for me so far, quality find there. Thanks mate.

it may sound unbelievale but i signed wheater for arsenal to add a bit of hight. only cost me a few million. i just played him against sides that have a lot of hight like bolton otherwise you are killed from crosses. since the ability of their strikers is limited he was only required in the air really and put in very consistent performances. if you want someone smaller but a bit more solid, check out darnel situ, you may be able to get him for that price and he turns quality

Wheater turns out good, but Verkhovstev is cheaper(transfer fee and wage), faster, stronger and even better in the air and plays more positions than Wheater. Also a good penalty kick taker, he's led goalscoring for a few of my saves by simply attacking the far post and and being my 1st choice penalty taker

Update.

Finished my first season, Verk remains a collosus for me, Gallas fell from grace and lost his place to young Danny Wilson, I'm selling Vermaelen, Djourou is back from injury and Nordveit is back from loan.

Any need to buy a new centre half? I feel like I might regret no picking up Breno.