FM 12 Transfers & Data Update - Season 16/17

gaamst

Reaction score
This is a stand-alone update, and I probably won't keep it going, as I just wanted a good starting point for a new game in FM 12, in my opinion the last version of the game which does not overcomplicate things and lose your interest early on.

This update is based on johnmal's January 2016 update, which I found somewhere on these forums, so he deserves a lot of the credit for this. If it hadn't been for him, I wouldn't have attempted to do this, because naturally almost 5 years have passed, and it's really a lot of work.

This update is far from perfect, as my focus was the English Premier League, England is the only country where I've fixed the promotions/relegations in each of the leagues. All of the PL teams have up to date squads, with transfers up to July 20th(today), and tweaked CA/PA in addition to attributes of course, based on data from the latest FM 16 update. The only thing I've left alone are unknown youngsters up to 17 years of age, as I felt like every team needed a youth team, and it would've been too much work creating all the youth players from today.

But in my opinion, close to every relevant youngster with potential is in the game, I've created loads of players, and updated the biggest talents in Europe. Outside of England, my focus was kept more general, by that I mean i did sort of a 'mass edit' and all the best footballers are the same as in FM 16. What I did was use the FM 16 editor, with many different filters, like players under 25 with potential ability at least 160, goalkeepers/fullbacks/central defenders and midfielders/wingers/strikers with current ability at least 150 and much more, and edit that same information into the FM 12 editor.

I've also removed/tweaked most of the old guns which could make you feel like it was really 2011.

As this is probably the only update I'll release, as I've been dying to play for a while now, I've also predicted a few transfers that are likely to happen, like Pogba to United and Sane to City, but that's about it.

So there is really no point in commenting on players that are missing, retired, in the wrong teams or not as good as in real life, because like I said I probably won't keep it updated. But feel free to share or build on this update as you wish, the only reason why I'm posting this is I've taken so much joy from this site, and I thought I should give something back, and hopefully someone will be able to take something from this update.

View attachment 136954

Last edited:
summer transfers 2016

Hi my friend! Thanks for the credits, i'm glad to see that these changes made someone happy :p
Since then i have done changes at other nation leagues as well, such as Norway, Sweden, Greece, Scotland even at Mexico.
You can check it here
View attachment 136011

Last edited:
Help playing with these updates?

I'm excited to try both these databases on FM12, the last version of the game that I loved. I'm a custom database newbie, though, and can't figure out how to load it and play it. Can anyone point me to instructions for dummies? Thanks!

I'm excited to try both these databases on FM12, the last version of the game that I loved. I'm a custom database newbie, though, and can't figure out how to load it and play it. Can anyone point me to instructions for dummies? Thanks!

All you need to do is drop the file in the data editor folder, it should be: documents/sports interactive/football manager 2012/data editor. It's not the main FM-folder, but a second one that is automatically created inside your documents folder. If the data editor folder is not there, you can just create one yourself.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can only use one of these at a time, from what I can remember johnmal focused on transfers, and I've used his first update as a base for my changes, which relates to current abilities, potential abiltites and attributes(players AND managers). They are vastly different, but of course you could try, all you have to do if your game crashes, is remove one of them from the data editor folder.

When you start a new game, FM asks you which database you want to use, and at the bottom it says if johnmal's or mine is enabled. If it's not, you can easily do it yourself, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Last edited:
Thanks

Appreciate the help, was easier than I thought (just a slight tweak for Mac users...).

Hi my friend! Thanks for the credits, i'm glad to see that these changes made someone happy :p
Since then i have done changes at other nation leagues as well, such as Norway, Sweden, Greece, Scotland even at Mexico.
You can check it here
View attachment 1068956

Thanks for the updated data base, however, you've lost the league cup on this new update, been trying for ages on data editor to try and sort it but to no avail, any ideas? thanks

Thanks for the updated data base, however, you've lost the league cup on this new update, been trying for ages on data editor to try and sort it but to no avail, any ideas? thanks

No worries, finally fixed it!!!

Great, please elaborate? I didn't notice it until around christmas in my first season, it's there but no matches are scheduled. Do you believe it's possible to fix it in-game? with FMRTE or something? Thanks.

Great, please elaborate? I didn't notice it until around christmas in my first season, it's there but no matches are scheduled. Do you believe it's possible to fix it in-game? with FMRTE or something? Thanks.

Basically it's something to with the promotions and relegation's in the lower leagues, you have to have the same 92 teams in the football league as in 2012 i think. Anyway, what i did is go on fm editor and changed all the teams in league two and one so they were the same as johnmal's January update and saved them onto his July one, this seemed to rectify it. Don't think you'll be able to sort it mid game, needs to be amended at the start. Hope that makes sense, not sure about the Norway league but i'd imagine it is something similar.

Last edited:
I have tried your fix but it still doesn't work, can you upload your db?

How did u fix it man, i downloaded the file u put, but it doesn't help, im in English PL and there is no League Cup :':)'(

Did you download the file i posted above, the July update? that should work fine, does with me anyhow, let me know if you have any other probs

League Cup fix

Have you sorted this out for your database? the one with the updated player attributes etc

FM2012 2016/2017 Data base

i'm want FM2012 Data base 2016/2017 you can creat ? Thanks You.:wub: