Footballidentity

yea, I'd train up tackling and the "FFB" stats billy highlighted.

I trained my jumping up to mid 30s, wanted to make sure I won all the high balls opponents played.

Saw a replay of the game. How did you miss the peno Dunc??? They just had way too much speed (and two managers). If we fielded a full team we could have gave them a run for their money.

So anyway, how is everyones training going?

I'm working on my tackling, almost up to 40.

I trained Tackling yesterday and got a 1.89 boost! I usually get .4 at best.

Tackling almost up to 40. Next goal is to get it to 50, then train special ability.

My SIGN UP page thing isn't working...but I should be around tomorrow night to play! :)

Has anyone tried making short dribbling runs? Most of the time people just choose one long straight dribble.

Was trying to do it in a test match but couldn't get the ball in a position to do it.

What I mean is, instead of stretching the arrow to max size and running straight, you only use 25% of it and then next turn switch direction for 25% to jink around defenders.

I will be on for tonight. But I won't be able to play next one.
I agree with Montanaro, we should make short runs sometimes and we should try to make space for short passes. Wingers should be wingers, not 3. and 4. striker.

Has anyone tried making short dribbling runs? Most of the time people just choose one long straight dribble.

Was trying to do it in a test match but couldn't get the ball in a position to do it.

What I mean is, instead of stretching the arrow to max size and running straight, you only use 25% of it and then next turn switch direction for 25% to jink around defenders.

While dribbling short distances at a time is a viable way of getting past people, there is a risk factor involved as there is a minimum travel distance for opponents at the same time.

For example, if you travel 30% of the movement arrow, then the opponent can only travel 30% of theirs. But if you were to try to make a very short run, like 10% of the arrow size, the opponent will be able to travel (This is just an approximate) around 20% of their full travel distance as that is the minimum - making up massive ground in the chase and if they are close enough to you at the start of the turn they will be able to easily dispossess you.

Not sure if that is clear or not.

Yea, thats what I was afraid of Red.

We had a tough match against a strong team with all human players. Only lost 1-0.

But we need to remember to look for our best passers in Tirath and Hourihane (sp?), they sometimes find space and can make very precise passes that only our guys can win. It can be a better option than punting it with a guy with 25 high passing (like me) and hoping the match engine plays it good enough.

Had terrible night, 5.1 is my rate. Missed couple high balls due my jumping. I won't be bothered to improve it, cuz it's only 10.

i had a 7 rating. couple good passes and ffbs. working on my fearlessness now.

Just suppose I should mention that the mighty 'Ninja Prawns FC' won their first game today in ENG 2B. We have such players as Tiraths, Ronan, Jonesy and Ravenie. Giggles is my assistant at the club, and he is ****. :) We are off the bottom of the table with that win.

Well played lads.

Well, just got my first star on Sliding Tackle. Gonna work on my attributes now, but hopefully it'll prove useful.

how long did getting your first star take?

Around a week, probs, but I had varying degrees of success when training, I even had a 35% rise once, although I also had as low as 6%.

Well, as I said before leaving, if you want I can scrap the CB and make a fullback, because my speed is not on par with that of any average winger.

Well, as I said before leaving, if you want I can scrap the CB and make a fullback, because my speed is not on par with that of any average winger.

what stats are key for a fb as my cm guy that came on for the last 20 mins has 60 speed, 55 stamina and 50 acceleration so i could train the fb stats and just have the wrong label.

Got DC from FID after we scored our first goal tonight, tried to get back on but wouldn't work. What was the final score?