Loyalist - Opportunist – *********

Awesome post. I had to laugh that the difference in our scores was based on our tolerance for Scriven (GK). That guy sucks. I nearly did a mid-season transfer to replace him as well. Glad I didn't though. If I had you would have crushed me. Those were some great wins in the FA Cup. Not sure how you managed to **** off the BSS coaching community to the point that you didn't even place in the Coach of the Year voting. I'm guessing you called a lot of guys out in press conferences or something (does anyone know if that has an affect?).

Looking forward to seeing how you approach season 2. I feel like i'm going to need a more reliable strike force and maybe a defender or two. One thing is for sure...Scriven is out. I'll be picking up a new GK first thing.

It says I have to "Load England" and "Load Large Database",.. is that a minimum, or am I allowed to load the entire world if I want to (and have the computer to handle that) ??

I'm happy to have anyone that's willing to play along. If you'd like to load up more databases I suppose that's cool. My thinking in keeping the nations/database smaller was to make it so that more players could participate. Since not that many people have jumped in I say go for it.

I've been chatting with Traviselguapo this week. He and I are about half way through the second season. The challenge has had a very interesting impact on how I approach the game. I look forward to sharing my season 2 recap in a couple of days.

Ok,... I see.
I did start the game with only England loaded, since I liked this idea so much and wanted to start playing at once.

I just realized there are 42(!!) league games every season,..
37 yet to be played for me then,..

Rocky, so glad to have you in on the challenge. Traviselguapo had an interesting situation pop up in his game. I thought I'd lay it out here. He's still with Sutton in the BSP. He's about 75% of the way through his season and all of the sudden West Ham in the nPower Championship offered him a job. If he took the job with West Ham it raises interesting questions about how scoring would be handled. Here's what we decided:
  • League Points
    1. He would get credit for league points accumulated with Sutton
    2. No credit would be given for league points Sutton picks up after he leaves
    3. He would get credit for league points accumulated after his start date with West Ham
    4. No credit would be given for league points West Ham had picked up prior to new hire
    5. Bonuses for promotion and league finish position would apply to West Ham
  • Cup Performance
    1. If he left Sutton and they win a Cup after his departure he wouldn't get those points
    2. He would count any points for victories or losses over bigger/smaller clubs prior to leaving
    3. If h'd qualified for the semi's or finals and take then left he can count those points
    4. Any West Ham cup wins prior to your arrival do not net points
    5. Any West Ham cup wins after his arrival do count toward the point total
  • Penalties and Bonuses
    1. Loyalty Bonus would be based on West Ham players.
    2. Loyalty Bonus eligible players would be home-growns and start-of-2011 West Ham roster players.
    3. Opportunist penalty would be 150 points (jumping 3 leagues x 50 points)
    4. Transfer penalty would include all players signed to either team.
So confusing...but so fun. Remember, the scoring is always based on a July 1st to June 30th timeline. That is how our challenge defines the season.

Greetings, y'all.

I'd like to get in on this. Looks like a great way to get back into FM as I've been trying to do for a while now.

How say you?

I wanted to ask the community-at-large if they would be more likely to undertake this challenge if there was more flexibility in choosing the team you start with. I have been getting some feedback that some players would be more likely to take up the challenge if they weren't forced to start with Sutton United.

I've kicked around a few ideas on how to weight the different leagues and teams so that it would level the teams. I'd be interested to know if this has been a huge stumbling block to anyone else that would have otherwise jumped in on the action.

I must say this is gr8 idea, and best by far... can i join u???:D