New match engine is incredible

tartik

Reaction score
Okay so i’m only 1 and a half seasons in, but from what i can see, the new match engine is so much more realistic, in terms of the player movement and their ability to identify which spaces to occupy, it’s incredible. The goals i’m scoring and the chances that are being created, they vary so much more, as i felt in previous games you’d almost just see the exact same goals being scored every game.

I was debating buying this years game just last week, in fact i was almost certain i wouldn’t buy, but I ended up just saying screw it and buying it after xender hearing some people talk about the new gameplay and, if anyone’s reading this who also isn’t sure about buying it, all i’ll say is i’m very glad I did.

(FYI obviously try it out for yourself first via the trial, but just wanted to give my opinion as i was in a similar position last week)

Last edited:
I would have to agree that FM24 is a massive improvement on the abomination that was FM23, this seems a much more realistic match engine compared to real life football, where you can actually see some tangible difference in performance when changing team instructions.

I would have to agree that FM24 is a massive improvement on the abomination that was FM23, this seems a much more realistic match engine compared to real life football, where you can actually see some tangible difference in performance when changing team instructions.

I'm only one and half games into pre season ans whilst the ME looks more smooth, I'm seeing the same nonsense as in FM23. I'm playing as Palace and scared past Blackpool 2V1, they scored with their first shot, their only shot for about 70 minutes, whilst I watched all my players blaze over from 10 yards over and over. I'm now playing Sutton Utd, and at half time it's 1v0 to them. Shock horror they have scored with their only shot of the game and we have had 23 shots, just 3 on targets, 4 or 5 blazed over from 8-10 yards.

Why does FM have this obsession with making quality players (when managed by us, obviously) absolutely useless, yet makes the AI controlled teams utterly devastating?