Official England v Slovenia/Algeria discussion thread.

Will England Qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
James
Johnson - Terry - Dawson - A.Cole
Lampard - Barry
Milner - Gerrard - J.Cole
Rooney

Simply for the fact that these are the players more likely to perform on the big stage.

I still believe though that he will stick with 4-4-2 simply because he's the boss and he does what he wants.

I see England struggling again but maybe scraping a 1-0 win with a late goal from someone unexpected e.g Terry or a substitute.

I would be happy if we beat Slovenia 1-0 atm, they looked lazy and not bothered, hopefully we can find a way through early against Slovenia, and hopefully Capello will open his eyes and realise the 4-2-3-1 formation we really need to play. Atm he is too stubborn, perhaps because of his general success, and our success in qualifying. Steve Mclaren, Sven Goran-Eriksson or Fabio Capello?

EDIT: Why can't Lampard and Terry combine from Corners like at Chelsea, they clearly have a corner system that works, so why not copy it?

Here's the thing, it's not beyond the realm of possibility

What does capello do
a)if its still 0-0 at 70-80min
b) they go down 1-0 early

Qualification is out of our hands right now

England 1-0 Slovenia

What do you think about Slovenia?
Will they go for it, or hold out for a draw?

needs to be dropped for his performances and then wondering y the team was being booed. Will never happen tho
Yeah, lets drop our best player cause he hasnt scored in 2 games! :O :S

the way i see it is we need to go all out and win the game, take chances. id rather us lose the game through playing attacking football and playing with passion rather than trying to scrape a 1-0.

I would play a very attactive team 3-4-3 id say

JAMES
JOHNSON, TERRY, COLE
LENNON, GERRARD, BARRY, J.COLE
DEFOE, ROONEY, CROUCH

i think that would be the most attackive team we can field. we need to win this game so why not go all out and try to win? if we concede then and only then start to worry and capelo should go back to his boring itailian style of football

oh and everyone who is on rooney's back, can i ask what do you all actually expect from him? from what i have seen is NO ONE has been good, not just wayne. ok so he hasn't scored but arent we relying to much on him? he isn't getting the service he needs to finish chances. at United he gets about 10+ chances created for him, so far he hasnt had 10 over the two games. get off his back ffs

Last edited:
Surely a 3-4-3 would be with 3 centre backs not 1 centre back and 2 full backs :$

Surely a 3-4-3 would be with 3 centre backs not 1 centre back and 2 full backs :$

no because i want us to be attacking so the full backs will have to get backwards and forwards lol now i think about it, it doesnt really work but still, replace the 3 with upson and dawson then

I'd like to see us play a Chelsea type formation. :)

HART

JOHNSON TERRY DAWSON A.COLE

BARRY

GERRARD LAMPARD

ROONEY

CROUCH DEFOE

I'd favour the following:

James
Johnson Terry Dawson A. Cole
Barry Gerrard
Lennon Lampard J. Cole
Rooney
Note: Lampard and Gerrard are interchangeable.