On the Fields of Anfield Road - A Liverpool Story

Who should play upfront for Liverpool until Su?rez returns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlanM92

Reaction score
View attachment 229371

30th June 2011

View attachment 229372

Breaking news from Anfield as a statement released by Liverpool Football Club says that legend Kenny Dalglish has resigned from the managerial role due to family reasons. Dalglish had only been in charge for half a season after taking over from Roy Hodson back in January, he will be remembered for his transfer window activities in which he sold Fernando Torres for £50m to Chelsea and signing striker Andy Carrol for a British transfer fee of £35m from Newcastle and controversial Uruguayan striker Luis Suárez for £22.8m from Ajax.

5th July 2011

View attachment 229372

More breaking news from Anfield as the Liverpool board have revealed Kenny Dalglish’s successor as Alan Marshall, a life long fan of the club who has no experience of being a manager but has had spells at Tranmere, Charlton, Leeds and West Ham as part of the backroom staff. This will obviously be a tough challenge for Marshall and in the press conference at Melwood he said “This is a total shock to me, I have always dreamed of playing for Liverpool when I was a lad but I would of never have thought I’d be sitting here right now as the manager. I know this will also be a shock for the fans too but all I ask for is that they have faith in me and that they give me time to get settled in and hopefully I can bring some silverware back to the club in the coming years.” Shortly after the announcement, Liverpool players Lucas and Glen Johnson took to the social networking site Twitter to welcome the new manager to club [@LucasLeiva87: I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the new manager to Liverpool, hopefully there are many happy times to come] [@glen_johnson: I’m sad to see Kenny leave but I have all faith in Marshall leading us to glory this season]. It is rumoured that Marshall has signed an initial one year contract with the option of a three year extension based on the upcoming season’s performance.

25th July 2011

View attachment 229372

LIVERPOOL CAPTURE MEXICAN DUO!

Liverpool today confirmed the capture of highly rated Mexican duo Carlos Fierro and Erick Torres from Chivas. The fee for Torres is reported to be around the £5m mark, the fee for Fierro however is undisclosed. In an interview for the Liverpool Echo, manager Alan Marshall had this to say over the transfers “I am glad to have signed Erick and Carlos but they will not arrive at the club until next season, myself and Damien (Comolli) have had the players scouted for a few weeks now and decided we should take action before another team beats us to their signatures. The reason we have decided not to bring the pair to the club until next season is because they are playing regularly for Chivas and they can continue to grow in Mexico until they make the switch to Merseyside.”

View attachment 229374Erick Torres and Carlos Fierro playing for Chivas

14th August 2011

View attachment 229377

Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland
(Suárez x2)

Liverpool turned in a dominant performance on their opening fixture of the new season with a 2-0 win over Sunderland at Anfield today. The Reds controlled the first half putting together slick passes and creating plenty of scoring chances but Sunderland keeper Simon Mingolet was equal to everything. In the second half Luis Suárez opened the scoring in the 63rd minute tucking away a Dirk Kuyt cross from the right wing, Suárez then completed the scoring in stoppage time as he latched onto a Steven Gerrard pass to round the keeper and slot into an empty net.

View attachment 229383Suárez celebrating his first against Sunderland

20th August 2011

View attachment 229377
Arsenal 1-3 Liverpool
(Kuyt, Suárez x2)

Liverpool played Arsenal at their own game as they put in a brilliant counter attacking display at the Emirates today. Dirk Kuyt opened the scoring on 8 minutes when he scored a point blank header from a Steven Gerrard corner, Luis Suárez added a second in the 15th minute as he picked off a poor pass by Aaron Ramsey to continue unopposed into the box which he then confidently slotted the ball past the keeper. Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie pulled one back for the London club with a great strike from outside the area. That goal turned out to only be a consolation as Luis Suarez scored his second of the game in the 38th minute, dribbling past two Arsenal Defenders before he smashed the ball into the back of the net.

View attachment 229384Dirk Kuyt celebrating the opener for Liverpool

24th August 2011

View attachment 229385
Liverpool 6-1 Aldershot
(Bellamy, Coates, Carroll, Kuyt x2, Maxi)

Liverpool decided to rest their first team stars, which gave them the opportunity to field their second team players in order to give them some minutes under their belts. Craig Bellamy scored an 11th minute opener in his first start for Liverpool since he returned on a free transfer from Manchester City. Sebastian Coates scored his first for the club and Liverpool’s second on 17 minutes from a Maxi corner. Andy Carroll scored the third three minutes before half time with a thumping left footed striker from 12 yards out. Second half substitute Dirk Kuyt carried on his good form by scoring Liverpool’s 4th and 5th goal, Maxi creator turned goal scorer completed the rout on the 88th minute with a well placed shot. Alex Rodman scored Aldershot’s only goal of the game in the 77th minute.

View attachment 229386Andy Carroll celebrating his first goal of the season with Jay Spearing

27th August 2011

View attachment 229377
Liverpool 2-0 Bolton
(Kuyt x2)

Liverpool completed a perfect month in the Barclays Premier League with a 2-0 over Bolton at Anfield. Dirk Kuyt who has been in brilliant form with goals against Arsenal and Aldershot already this month scored his and Liverpool’s first of the game on 31 minutes with a tidy finish from 10 yards out, Kuyt then scored his second in first half stoppage time with a thumping header from a Charlie Adam corner. Liverpool find themselves top of the table on 9 points with Newcastle closely following in 2nd by goal difference and Chelsea completing the top 3.

View attachment 229390Dirk Kuyt just after scoring his second against Bolton

Alright Fellas, this is my first go at creating a story. I thought i'd give it a go as I've read many great ones andI wanted to get in on the action. I like to keep everything short, sweet and to the point so people don't get bored of reading haha but I'd love your to hear yourfeedback whether it's good or bad on how I could improve on things involving content and pictures and stuff along those lines.

-Cheers, Alan.

Last edited:
good start tbh. just enough back story without it becoming totally irrelevant which is a nice change. keep it straight to the point but post a few screenies of transfers etc.

Liverpoool!! Keep it up mate, i will be following

Thanks mate, appreciated.

good start tbh. just enough back story without it becoming totally irrelevant which is a nice change. keep it straight to the point but post a few screenies of transfers etc.

Thanks for the feedback, will be posting screenshots of transfers and stuff just that I haven't made any major transfers in this window so there was no point. Although I did sell Brad Jones to Fulham for £500k haha :)

10th September 2011

View attachment 229640

Stoke 0-2 Liverpool
(Suárez, Skrtel)

The scoreline might suggest an easy win for Liverpool but in truth it was a scrappy affair at the Britannia Stadium today. Both teams looked uncomfortable on the ball and there were incomplete passes all over the pitch and no team looked like scoring until Luis Suárez broke the deadlock in the 41st minute after getting on the end of Gerrard’s through ball to coolly take the ball around Asmir Begovic to tap into an empty net. The second half was a repeat of the first with both teams being unable to break each other down, but Gerrard was on hand again as his corner was glanced in near post by the head of Martin Skrtel on the 80 minute mark who had surely put the game beyond Stoke.

Martin Skrtel picked up the MoM award with a solid display

17th September 2011

View attachment 229640
Tottenham 3-1 Liverpool
(Downing)

Liverpool were brought back down to Earth after suffering a heavy defeat by Tottenham at White Hart Lane. Welsh winger Gareth Bale opened the scoring on 20 minutes after he converted an Aaron Lennon cross. Things turned from bad to worse in the 41st minute when Luis Suárez came off injured, which forced manager Alan Marshall to bring Maxi on in his place and push Kuyt up top. Three minutes before half time England winger Stuart Downing poked the ball home at the back stick to score his first goal of the season and also level the game. Tottenham thought they had taken the lead on 56 minutes when Gareth Bale thought he had scored his second of the game, but it was immediately ruled out by referee Neil Swarbrick. Liverpool were let off again after Aaron Lennon’s strike on 60 minutes was ruled out for offside, it wouldn’t bother the England international too much as he swept the ball home in the 66th minute to give Tottenham the lead. Jermaine Defoe completed the scoring on 77 minutes with a well placed shot.

View attachment 229641Aaron Lennon gave Liverpool the run around all game and deserved his goal

19th September 2011

View attachment 229642

LUIS SUÁREZ OUT FOR SIX WEEKS!

Liverpool’s Uruguayan striker and top goal scorer Luis Suárez is set to miss the next six weeks due to a fractured wrist which he picked up at the weekend against Tottenham when he awkwardly fell after challenging for a header. With the Merseyside and North-West derby coming in the next few weeks for Liverpool the question is how are they going to cope without the Uruguay international? The clubs obvious choice is to put Dutch international Dirk Kuyt upfront after his great form in August scoring 4 goals in 5 games, but the fans are calling to manager Alan Marshall to give towering striker Andy Carroll a chance but their is also Craig Bellamy who can play in the position. What do you guys at home think, tweet us your thoughts @SkySportsNews or write to us on our Facebook page.

[@luis16suarez: Gutted to be out with my injury, also sad about missing both the Everton and Manchester games. I am determined to come back and continue scoring goals for the club.]

21st September 2011

View attachment 229643
Liverpool 3-0 Cardiff
(Skrtel, Gerrard, Carroll)

Liverpool bounced back from the defeat at Tottenham with a convincing 3-0 win over Cardiff in the Carling Cup third round. Liverpool had a number of chances but Cardiff keeper Tom Heaton was equal to everything the Merseyside club threw at him. Eventually Martin Skrtel opened the scoring in the 41st minute after heading home a Steven Gerrard corner, the floodgates had seemed to open as Gerrard stuck a fierce effort into the top corner from outside the area in stoppage time at the end of the first half. In the 60th minute Aron Gunnarsson had the chance to pull one back from the spot when Daniel Agger brought down Craig Conway in the box, it was a tame penalty and Pepe Reina kept the spot kick out which was hit to his right hand side. Substitute Andy Carroll answered manager Alan Marshall’s call for somebody to step up and fill the void upfront left by Luis Suárez as he completed the scoring after he lashed the ball home from 5 yards out in the 71st minute.

View attachment 229644Pepe Reina celebrating his fourth clean sheet of the season

24th September 2011

View attachment 229640
Liverpool 1-0 Wolves
(Carroll)

Liverpool made things hard for themselves in the Premier League with a less than impressive performance against Wolves at Anfield today. The Reds had controlled the game with 66% of the possession but failed to make Wolves pay for their dominance with 8 of their 12 shots being outside of the 18 yard box and that was pretty much the story of the first half. Alan Marshall’s words at half time must have worked as the Liverpool players looked to have stepped up their game when just three minutes into the half Andy Carroll found the ball at his feet 12 yards out, the England international used his strength to hold of the Wolves defenders as he hit a rasping shot which went right through the arms of diving keeper Wayne Hennessey. Wolves then done everything to make sure the score stayed at 1-0 when they put 10 men behind the ball for the rest of the game. Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina could have stayed at home as the Wolves attacking players only managed one shot on target which he saved with ease. With that win Liverpool still occupy top spot in the table with a 2 point gap between them and other title contenders Chelsea.

View attachment 229645Liverpool's saviour Andy Carroll celebrating the only goal of the game

nice story mate..following. Read mines. Cook Islands - Up with the best

Nice layout liking this story. Maybe a Prem League table at the end of each update? :)

Nice layout liking this story. Maybe a Prem League table at the end of each update? :)

Thanks, I was thinking of putting in the league table but after say every 10 games so it doesn't become a reccuring feature like it would be if I done it every update :)

1st October 2011

View attachment 229979
Everton 0-1 Liverpool
(Skrtel)

A crowd of 40,000 all gathered to watch another passionate Merseyside derby at Goodison Park today. Like every other derby between Liverpool and Everton it was very entertaining with end to end action and many hard challenges. The first real chance of the game fell to Nikica Jelavic in the 12th minute when with a bit of luck the ball had pinballed into his path but he lacked composure as he blasted the ball over the bar. The breakthrough came in the 20th minute when Martin Skrtel had lost his marker in the box to smash home a header from a Steven Gerrard corner. Both teams had their fair share of the ball in the second half but Liverpool had more chances to go 2-0 up rather than Everton getting an equaliser. Dirk Kuyt had a chance to put the game to bed from the spot in the 87th minute when Stewart Downing was brought down in the box, but a smart save from Tim Howard made sure the game stayed at 1-0.

View attachment 229980One of the many individual battles of the game. Spearing vs Pienaar

15th October 2011

View attachment 229979
Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd

(Downing, Agger)

With October dubbed as The Reds’ hardest month so far this season, the current league leader’s hosted current league champions Man Utd at Anfield today. Liverpool started quickly and were fast out the blocks because in just the 5th minute of the game Liverpool right back Glen Johnson fizzed an absolute delightful ball into the Man Utd box, everyone looked to be ball watching as nobody attacked the ball were as Stewart Downing had other ideas and reacted at the back post to guide the ball past David De Gea for only his 2nd goal of the season. After the goal Liverpool put on a masterful defensive display to ensure they held a 1-0 lead at half time. Things looked bad for The Reds as captain Steven Gerrard had to go off injured who was then shortly followed by Martin Skrtel who also picked up an injury. Liverpool wrapped up the 3 points in the 90th minute when commanding centre back Daniel Agger smashed a header past the flailing arms of David De Gea from yet another corner, they are now joint top with Bolton and Fulham for goals scored from corners with 4 so far this season.

View attachment 229981Daniel Agger scoring the goal that put the game beyond doubt

16th October 2011

View attachment 229982

GERRARD AND SKRTEL JOIN SUÁREZ IN THE PYHSIO ROOM!

Both Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard and centre back Martin Skrtel will join Luis Suárez in the club physio room after they both picked up injuries against Manchester United over the weekend. The club’s head physiotherapist Andy Renshaw says that Skrtel will be out for around 4 weeks with broken ribs whilst Gerrard will also be out for up to 4 weeks with strained knee ligaments. Now that Liverpool will be missing their main goal threat, playmaker and one of their centre halves the question is do the club have the depth in the squad to cope without the trio for the next couple of weeks? Tweet us your thoughts @SkySportsNews or write to us on our Facebook page.

22nd October 2011

View attachment 229979
Liverpool 3-0 Norwich
(Kuyt, Carragher, Maxi)

Liverpool hosted newly promoted Norwich at Anfield today. The league leaders weren’t afraid to teach the promoted side what it takes to stay in the Premier league with a dominating 3-0 win. Just like the previous game against Man Utd, Marshall’s Liverpool side started rapidly out of the blocks and had scored twice within the first 20 minutes. The first goal came from winger Dirk Kuyt who scored a tidy finish after a great bit of pass and move play from Marshall’s men in the 4th minute. The second goal came from the aftermath of a Jordan Henderson corner when Norwich failed to clear and veteran defender Jamie Carragher was on hand to blast the ball past John Ruddy for only his 5th Premier League goal for the club. Substitute Maxi completed the scoring for Liverpool after he scored a cheeky chip over the stranded Norwich keeper in the 75th minute.

View attachment 229983Veteran Jamie Carragher got himself on the scoresheet

26th October 2011

View attachment 229984
Liverpool 2-0 Wolves
(Carragher, Kuyt)

Liverpool hosted Wolves at Anfield for the second time in 4 weeks in the Carling Cup fourth round tie today. It was a repeat of the Premier League game at Anfield with another dominant performance from The Reds. Wolves were hit with both barrels as they conceded both goals on either side of half time. Captain Jamie Carragher who seemed to have a taste for goals scored the opener from 4 yards in the 41st minute which sent Liverpool in at half time 1-0 up. Liverpool’s second came from another player who scored only four days ago when Dirk Kuyt scored a powerful penalty after Nenad Milijas brought down Stewart Downing in the box.

View attachment 229985Dirk Kuyt celebrating his eighth goal in all competitions this season

Carling Cup Quarter Final Draw:

Tottenham v Nottingham Forest
Birmingham v Liverpool
Stoke v Aston Villa
Bolton v West Ham

29th October 2011

View attachment 229979
West Brom 0-2 Liverpool
(Downing, Kuyt)

Liverpool completed yet another perfect month in the Barclays Premier League at the expense of West Brom at The Hawthorns today. The Reds fielded the same side that beat Wolves in the Carling Cup just three days ago. The game was fairly even with both teams having a lot of possession and plenty of goal scoring chances, but Liverpool drew first blood in the 29th minute when England international Stewart Downing scored a brilliant solo effort, and there was only one guess for who completed the scoring, yes, that man Dirk Kuyt again with his 9th goal in all competitions so far this season with a well placed shot that went through goalkeeper Scott Carson’s legs on the way.

After 10 games Liverpool still hold onto top spot having only lost one game so far and racking up 27 points out of 30, Tottenham are close seconds on 27 points with Chelsea being 3 points behind them which completes the top 3. Underachievers so far this season have been Arsenal who have only managed to toll up 16 points and are trailing Liverpool by a massive 11 points.

View attachment 229987Barclays Premier League table after just 10 games

31st October 2011

View attachment 229982

MARSHALL WINS MANAGER OF THE MONTH AWARD FOR OCTOBER!

Liverpool’s Alan Marshall has won the Barclays Manager of the Month award for his teams valiant performances in the league over the past month:

Everton 0-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd
Liverpool 3-0 Norwich
West Brom 0-2 Liverpool

Marshall has been in charge of the Merseyside club since July and has guided his team to 9 wins out of 10 so far this season.

Last edited:
Brilliant start, mate, keep it up! Good to see a fellow Liverpool fan have a story about the Reds! I will check back for updates on this from time to time, do you mind checking out my story (link in signature)? Sorry about spamming, but I need some followers! Just a word of advice, although I like the layout, I would change the font as it looks rather large and I personally don't like it! Keep it up, mate!

​- PZW

Brilliant start, mate, keep it up! Good to see a fellow Liverpool fan have a story about the Reds! I will check back for updates on this from time to time, do you mind checking out my story (link in signature)? Sorry about spamming, but I need some followers! Just a word of advice, although I like the layout, I would change the font as it looks rather large and I personally don't like it! Keep it up, mate!

​- PZW

Thanks, i'll be sure to guve yours a read.

Good read so far :)

Cheers, gald you enjoy it.

5th November 2011

View attachment 230151
Liverpool 1-0 Swansea
(Carroll)

Liverpool played another one of the promoted sides today when they went head to head with Swansea at Anfield. The Reds started strong like every other game of the season as it only took them 2 minutes to find the back of the net when Andy Carroll converted. After the goal Liverpool seemed to take their foot off the gas and allowed Swansea to attack on for the safe hands of Pepe Reina to deny Danny Graham, Scott Sinclair and Nathan Dyer. Even though Liverpool got the win manager Alan Marshall will have every reason to be concerned about why his team were not able to score more than the one goal. Luis Suárez returned from injury but was only fit enough for the bench and it looked like Marshall didn’t want to risk his star striker after only just returning from his fractured wrist.

View attachment 230162Angel Rangel was one of the more solid Swansea players today picking up the MoM award

19th November 2011

View attachment 230151
Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool
(Suárez)

Chelsea hosted Liverpool for yet another thrilling encounter between the two title contenders at Stamford Bridge today. The good news for Liverpool was that Martin Skrtel had fully recovered a week before the fixture so he, alongside Luis Suárez started for the Merseyside club. Chelsea had the majority of the ball for the entire game but Liverpool pulled off some delightful counter attacking football, yet the sides went in 0-0 at half time. The second half was an exact replica of the first with Chelsea having more of the possession, but in the 78th minute it looked like the little Uruguayan Luis Suárez had read the script when he picked the ball up from 40 yards out, dribbling around three Chelsea players and delicately chipped the ball over Petr Cech as he rushed out trying to close down the angle. This result will be huge for the title race!

View attachment 230167Luis Suárez back in action for Liverpool and scoring the only goal of the game

26th November 2011

View attachment 230151
Liverpool 0-0 Man City

Liverpool boss Alan Marshall learnt that there is a first for everything today as his club was held to a stalemate by 10 men Man City at Anfield today. The game started off even until the 44thminute when Gael Clichy received his second yellow card of the game and was sent for an early bath by referee Mike Jones. In the second half Liverpool were in control and using the extra man to their advantage but with plenty of chances to score but England number 1 Joe Hart was the only player in a Man City shirt who gave a full 100% and if it wasn’t for him Man City would have left Anfield conceding at least 4 goals. The oil rich Manchester club might have the money to buy any player on the planet but it’s a pity money can’t buy you discipline as the club picked up 7 yellow cards and 1 red card.

View attachment 230164Frustration for everyone at Liverpool as they couldn’t make the extra man count