Pevidém SC - From Portugal's bottom to the Top

misterioBean

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I recently posted the beginning of my Glory Hunter save in the forum (which I intend on keep playing) but during this past week I've been talking with some players from my local team and I decided to give them a go on FM and hopefully get them to the top of the portuguese football.

Most likely 99.99% of the people reading this never heard of Pevidém. That's because they only achieved to get to portugal's 3rd tier 2 years ago and last season they got relegated back to the 4th tier. This division is very different from the others: it consists of 56 teams playing the group stage divided in 4 groups of 14. The best 2 of each group continue to the promotion stage and the bottom 6 of each group are relegated. In the promotion stage there are only 8 teams divided in 2 groups of 4, the best 2 are promoted and the top team of both groups play one extra match to decide who's the division champion. It's a bit complicated but I think I explained it quite well (or not lol).

1675452050219.png

1675452077895.png

After getting the job, I went to see the club staff, which had 4 of only 2 possible coaches and basically that was it. I fired them all and decided to use the 2 available stops for a GK and a fitness coach since those are the only stats my manager has at 1. I also fired the techinacl director since our board does't want one and he sucked. I put bids for a chief scout and a head physion, which were the only other free spots. I would like to keep my staff only portuguese, at least for now, so I only looked for that while searching.

1675452249261.png

1675452444054.png

Our squad doesn't seem that bad. The media expects us to finish 1st in the group stage so I would say we are ready for it. However, every single player's contract was ending at the end of the season, so I renewed all of them, except the ones who didn't want to because there was interest from bigger clubs. Looking at the squad depth, I would say we definitely need one right full back because we only have one and it's not even his first position (David Castro). I know that in these lower leagues transfers are very volatile so I'm expecting a bit of moves to be made.

As for the tactic, once again I'm going for a 4-3-3 DM Wide. Not much to say about it.

1675452595452.png

Let's see if we can get Pevidem promoted in our first season!

Hello everyone.

I have some sad news. My laptop decided it needed its retirement and quit on me. Unfortunately I didn't back up my save files and I didn't save it on the steam cloud so basically everything is lost.

I didn't play much in this save file and left it in September after transfer deadline day so I may restart it soon but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks to everyone who read it this far.