Resurrecting the crocodile

Ry1989

Reaction score
Bursaspor_logo.svg.png

I'm always on the lookout for a difficult challenge on fm, something a little bit different, and I'm thinking of starting a save with Buraspor FC. After winning the Turkish title for the first time ever in 09/10, the club moved into a new 43k capacity stadium in 2015. As you can see below it's pretty unique 7327f9925aec72fe7f2558f7bf081f4a (1).png
Crocodile themed as this is the nickname of the club!

What followed was a disaster for the club, relegated twice they now find themselves in the 3rd tier of Turkish football with a whopping 50m debt (I read an article that claims they have asked permission to only play during the day as they can't afford to light the stadium at night) a transfer embargo until January 2024, and just 12 senior players on contract. Despite this they still have excellent training and youth facilities (youth academy only save maybe..?) But nevertheless this looks like a very difficult challenge to take on football manager, with the goal being to repair the finances and climb back up the leagues to eventually challenge the likes of Fenerbahce and Galatasary.

Update- for anyone who likes an extreme challenge this is the one for you! You have no full backs and cannot sign anyone. I was sacked after 15 games. Back to the drawing board!