The Everton Thread

Yeah, can't blame them. Wont be surprised if he signs few hidden gems from lower leagues or lesser known players and turn them into Cahills, Jagielkas.. Seriously only thing that is saving Everton is Moyes eye for talent.

Pretty much my thoughts. Only thing thats keeping me sort of positive, is the fact there's other teams that haven't made a move in the market, and there's still a good while until the window closes. But as we know, time flies.

Speaking of which, can't believe David has been in charge nearly 10 years already. Where's the ****** time gone! lol

I've also pretty much jumped off the Kenwright out bandwagon aswell. If I recall, when he did takeover from Thompson, he did pretty much say he wasn't a rich tycoon, but loved the club-and that's obvious. So he openly admitted he wasn't loaded. I suspect the other cronies on the board, are trying to line their pockets, by burdening the club by overpricing the value of the club. Yes we are a big club, with a great history, great fanbase, but the stadium is ancient and falling to bits nearly.

And Kenwright has had offers from potential investors, but he did a thorough checkup on them, and lets just say their background was questionable to say the least. So he must be doing something right, if he wants to make sure the investors don't have the burden of debt. If the value of the club was dropped, then the chances of a more reliable investor would increase. I just suspect the other board members are holding the club back investment wise. They have to drop the value. Or we will get left behind, and it'll come back to haunt us eventually

I have high hopes for the kids coming through, to be honest. Moyes is signing youngsters because he knows he can't get many first-teamers, and will try to promote them to the first team to replace the players that need to be sold. I think at least 2/3 of our youth players will start getting games this season. I hope they do.

Ive asked myself the question of why we have yet to have a takeover for many of years. I was a big fan of Kenright, true footie supporter, loves the club more than anything, but.. in this modern day thats not enough, their needs to be money.

As i posted in the TR Thread, apparently we are reuning interest in young Lewis Hotbly of Germany. He's an Everton fan and welcomed the idea of a move a few years ago with his father being English. Would be quality signing but could be costly.

IM also looking forward to see the youngsters, ive got big hopes for Vellios, looks very sharp and strong in the last few games of the season. Also, players like Gueye, Duffy, Baxter, Barkley and Mustafi all have bright futures, hope they get their chance this year.

Holtby would be very expensive, was great last season (I think), only young and Schalke have no need to sell. Would be great if it was pulled off, mind.

Holtby would be very expensive, was great last season (I think), only young and Schalke have no need to sell. Would be great if it was pulled off, mind.

Yeah. We have had a long term interest on him but we couldn't afford N'Zogbia and i doubt Holtby would be any cheaper.

Yeah. We have had a long term interest on him but we couldn't afford N'Zogbia and i doubt Holtby would be any cheaper.

Have a feeling Gueye will get more games than last season. And Duffy looks extremely promising. With Gueye, as long as he keeps working hard and doing what he has to, has the potential to be as good as, or better than (potentially), N'Zgobia

Alan Irvine announced as the new academy boss...

He's like a new signing I suppose...

Rumours from Europe that when Irvine takes the Everton U-21 to the tournament in Moscow someone from the board will follow and will attempt to sign BATE player Bressan (Relatively cheap, maximum value 1.8-2 million)...

Bressan in my opinion could be a ridiculously good bargain for the midfield if they can pull it off, top scorer in the Belarusian league last season...

Rumours from Europe that when Irvine takes the Everton U-21 to the tournament in Moscow someone from the board will follow and will attempt to sign BATE player Bressan (Relatively cheap, maximum value 1.8-2 million)...

Bressan in my opinion could be a ridiculously good bargain for the midfield if they can pull it off, top scorer in the Belarusian league last season...

He's a centre mid yes? If so, that and the defence are the only positions we dont really need to strengthen. Especially if we're going to offer Rodwell more playing time we have no need for a new striker.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Have a feeling Gueye will get more games than last season. And Duffy looks extremely promising. With Gueye, as long as he keeps working hard and doing what he has to, has the potential to be as good as, or better than (potentially), N'Zgobia

Gueye looked good last season, a times a little panicky on the ball but thats to be expected.. he was playing in the PL for the first time.

He's a centre mid yes? If so, that and the defence are the only positions we dont really need to strengthen. Especially if we're going to offer Rodwell more playing time we have no need for a new striker.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Gueye looked good last season, a times a little panicky on the ball but thats to be expected.. he was playing in the PL for the first time.

Yeah pretty much. 1st time in the Prem, and you'll pretty much cack yourself lol. Players like Neville etc will help him settle in properly though. Looking forward to seeing him and Coleman playing this season. Downside is, he'll have a good season, then somebody will buy him lol

Yeah pretty much. 1st time in the Prem, and you'll pretty much cack yourself lol. Players like Neville etc will help him settle in properly though. Looking forward to seeing him and Coleman playing this season. Downside is, he'll have a good season, then somebody will buy him lol

Always the way at Everton lol! I was hearing rumours in March that United want Coleman!
But yeah, i think Vellios will get a chance this year, he's been training with the first team. ONe lad i can't understand yet is Joao Silva, he's 21 now and i haven't seen anything of him yet?

I rate Gueye and I hope he does indeed get more games. He's got potential, from what I've seen, but he's a decent enough player as he is. He can probably do a decent job already.

Renan Bardini Bressan, Brazilian, on his early twenties, awesome little player. I've known him for the better part of two years, since I saw him play in the EL for BATE and I've rated him since. Quick, creative, and is good at set pieces. Not sure but I think he's right footed... Baines takes the free kicks from the right, Bressan from the left... would be a good piece of business if you ask me. Just hope he can fill Mikel's boots, because that's who he will replace if he comes.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Always the way at Everton lol! I was hearing rumours in March that United want Coleman!
But yeah, i think Vellios will get a chance this year, he's been training with the first team. ONe lad i can't understand yet is Joao Silva, he's 21 now and i haven't seen anything of him yet?

Silva was bought and loaned back to Portugal, where he scored 4 in 12. Haven't seen much of him but 4 in 12 isn't that bad for Portugal, where 4 teams fight for the title and Europe and 12 fight for relegation.

I rate Gueye and I hope he does indeed get more games. He's got potential, from what I've seen, but he's a decent enough player as he is. He can probably do a decent job already.

Renan Bardini Bressan, Brazilian, on his early twenties, awesome little player. I've known him for the better part of two years, since I saw him play in the EL for BATE and I've rated him since. Quick, creative, and is good at set pieces. Not sure but I think he's right footed... Baines takes the free kicks from the right, Bressan from the left... would be a good piece of business if you ask me. Just hope he can fill Mikel's boots, because that's who he will replace if he comes.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Silva was bought and loaned back to Portugal, where he scored 4 in 12. Haven't seen much of him but 4 in 12 isn't that bad for Portugal, where 4 teams fight for the title and Europe and 12 fight for relegation.

Honestly doubt we could replace Mikel without spending money. He was a gem and for just 2million! Ive only heard of Bressan in FM, i just really want us to sign a striker and Left winger before anything else! 1 quality striker, thats all im asking!

Its sad to see things like this. I dont think we are desperate for new signings, i think we could get by with what we've got and youths we have to finish in top half this season. However, a new/big signing would be a huge morale boost to the players as much as the fans.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7038652,00.html

Could it be?

Its sad to see things like this. I dont think we are desperate for new signings, i think we could get by with what we've got and youths we have to finish in top half this season. However, a new/big signing would be a huge morale boost to the players as much as the fans.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Everton consider N'Zogbia bid | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Could it be?

Yes please!!! We need a game winner like N'zgobia - dunno where we would get £10m from tho - unless the club have been lulling us into a false sense of security!

Kenwright needs to sell the club - with the history we have and our performances over the last few seasons there must be interest, all i can think of is that the board are asking for too much money