The Liverpool Thread

It was a bit of a nothing game as the important one was the final home game of the Klopp era. Still, people saying we need so and so as to why the defence is ***** when truth be told each one of those players is more than good enough, and it is plain to see its been a structural issue from the system we play as to why we concede chances, I won't go into it as I've lamented it enough on here but yeah.

Can’t believe thats the last time I get to travel anywhere with our man.

Yesterdays admin-

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 3 W 1 D 2 F 9 A 7

Current unbeaten away PL run:
P 2 W D 2 F 5 A 5

Klopp Farewell Tour:
24 games down/ 1 to go.
P 24 W 15 D 4 L 5 F 61 A 34 CS: 4

3rd place boxed. 1 trophy won.

From that very first game down at Tottenham in the October of 2015, where the excitement level in our end hadn’t been as high since Kenny returned for his 2nd go-around at Utd in the Cup when nobody was bothered at the losing result, it’s been, quite literally, the ride of everyones collective lives with him. The Countries we’ve been together. The countless, boss memories we’ve had together. The magic he sprinkled to make most every one of those trips one nobody that experienced them with him will EVER forget. He made us remember what supporting this football club is ALL about. Why you became a fan way back when to start with. And he enriched, beyond words, every last one of any genuine Reds life as we shared it all with him. Because he is all of us. He just gets why you do it and why you make the sacrifices you make. And now those journey’s across the land and globe will be with someone else. Still boss and hopefully as fun filled. But different as it won’t be with our man.

For all the absolute bleeps trying to get a reaction from you, being as disrespectful as they can to our man, there’s the young lad, oh, I’d say 9/10 to my right last night, asking his Dad just ’What will be the point next year when Jurgen’s not with us Dad?’

For all the utter on-line so-and-so’s who couldn’t even pick L’pool out on a map, let alone have the first comprehension on what makes us tick and what supporting this club is all about, there’s the girl behind who was in floods of tears when he came over at the end and took his rightful, final applause from us on our ashared travels together.

For every last under the bridge dweller from oppo clubs trying to denigrate the best man to ever happen to this football club not from Glasgow or Ayrshire, there’s the Villa fans before the game telling you what an absolute pleasure its been having him in the PL, and how much the league will be poorer without him. Telling you it must have been the dream to have a man leading your club who literally thinks like you and understands what you want to see as a supporter.

Even last nights mad, proper slly final away game was a really good game of football that, among all the mad stuff from both sides, still richly entertained. The only way he knows how to give back to his adoring public.

I am honestly dreading Sunday as I know I, like many thousands of others, will be in absolute bits as this wondrous journey comes to an end together. Ignore all the white noise from anyone who doesn’t get that and who are busy disgracefully insulting one of our all time greats. They were never L’pool supporters to begin with and will never understand the shared experience, good and bad, our man has bestowed on us and the unadulterated love we have for him.

But don’t you worry about us post Jurgen. Cut out the carelessness and we’ll be fine. Better than fine. He leaves us in a magnificent position. With a top, young, hungry squad that is just getting started once more. Departing us having enriched our lives more than we could have dared hoped. Leaving us Champions of EVERYTHING along the way. Doing it OUR way. Together. It’s been one heck of a fun ride with him on the road these past 8 and a half years. Being part of Jurgens Red Army and all the places it’s taken us I wouldn’t swap for the World. And now it’s over on our travels and we get to start over with a new man. Football goes on. Life goes on. And man alive, did he teach this football club and its support how to live life again!

Sunday though. Sunday will be tough. Not sure I’m up for that tearful goodbye. At all. But thats what you do for the unadulterated love of, genuinely, one of your own.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

IMG_1924.png

‘Look At Us FC’

That’s killing me. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We should trademark that, it's better than "This Means More".
Let's get that plastered all round the ground.

LOOK AT US!!! 😎

As per the amount of times it was bouncing around my tweets/ WhatsApps yesterday, I understand this is awesome.

I’m just so not ready to watch it. 😢

Liverpool FC

@LFC
·
Thiago Alcantara's time with the Reds will come to an end this summer upon the expiration of his contract.A truly special player. Thank you for everything, Thiago

Liverpool FC

@LFC
·
Joel Matip will bid farewell to the Reds this summer after an eight-season spell during which he helped the club to some of its most memorable modern moments.Thank you for everything, Joel
❤️