laowai

Reaction score
This challenge is for those of you who support (or just want to use) one of the top teams.

I myself support Chelsea, therefore using them isn't really much of a challenge, but I can't help wanting to use them more than any other team.

So I challenged myself to NEVER buy a player. I only use the existing squad and bring through youth from the U18/reserves.

Can you keep winning trophies without buying any players, just relying on your academy?

Although Chelsea have a good youth team, it gets difficult!

Buying a player that turns out to be successful is part of the fun of FM, but no fan loves it more when a HG player comes through the ranks and turns into a star!

Give it a try and show us your results...

I do something similar with Man Utd. I use FMRTE and give myself a 100year transfer embargo. Its a great challenge

Do you buy players to put them into your youth or not even that?

Do you buy players to put them into your youth or not even that?

Not even that. If you would rather do that, then you can. I don't think it'd be much of a challenge, though.

By the way "laoway" are you Chinese or a foreign living in China? xD

I couldn't do this :( I love trading. Might give it a shot though with Sporting CP though, always like playing with them and their youth setup is excellent

I have to admit, it can be very difficult to go past january without dipping into the market when one of your players isn't performing.