The Wonder of You: A Port Vale Story

Where will Port Vale be in five years time under the leadership of Daniel Oakes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

I'm back!!!!!
Reaction score
The Wonder of You: A Port Vale Story End of Season Update coming very soon!!!!!

Today, at Vale Park in Stoke-on-Trent, Micky Adams was removed from his post as Port Vale manager. It is rumoured that the board did not have the full backing of him as he only managed to take them to a bottom half finish in the 08-09 campaign and they simply believed that he could not deliver what he promised.

Bill Bratt has moved swiftly today to employ life-long Vale fan Daniel Oakes as their new manager. Oakes has signed to the dotted line on a two year contract worth £1000 a week. Oakes had this to say:

'' I am absolutely delighted to become manager of the team I have loved all my life. I will attempt to bring success to this club within five seasons and will do this with bringing some fresh faces in. I believe we have a good squad currently and one that can challenge for the playoffs but I will make a couple of additions to make us genuine title challengers. I have compiled a team report which is shown below''.

Goalkeepers - We have got three young goalkeepers in the squad and I believe that Joe Anyon is by far the best. The problem with this is that he has a broken leg and will be out for the first four weeks of the season. Chris Martin will have to fill in for this time and I believe that he is capable of doing this.

Defenders - We have three decent centrehalves in Lee Collins, John McCombe and Gareth Owen and these three will be fighting it out between them for the two spaces on the team sheet. At right back we have a slight weakness but I believe that Adam Yates would be our first choice right back. He is an attacking defender that likes going forward and I prefer him to Anthony Griffith as that is not his natural position. Our left back position is also a bit frail with a straight choice between the two Taylors, Kris and Rob but Rob is more likely to play on the left wing so a backup will be needed.

Midfielders - We have a good midfield. We have current captain Tommy Fraser in the middle as well as recent signing Jason Jarrett whome I believe is one of the best players at the club but we have not got much backup and I will look to change this with my actions in the transfer window. We look strong on both wings with Louis Dodds who can play on either side and also a good crosser of the ball, Rob Taylor who will more than likely always play on the left.

Strikers - This is the weakest part of the team, depth-wise. We have an obvious choice in Marc Richards who is the best striker we have and will more than likely be used as a target man or a poacher. With Dodds more likely to start on either wing we do not have any strength in depth as the only backup is James Lawrie who, although has had a trial at Everton is not ready for the first team.

Transfer Targets

We will be mainly operating in the free transfer and loan market and I will be looking for a versatile defender who can play anywhere across the defense line. A player we would absolutely be delighted to sign on loan is Manchester United defender Ritchie De Laet. I will also be looking for a midfielder for backup in the middle of the field. Finally, I will be hunting for a backup for Marc Richards who can realistically challenge him for a place in the team.

Contents

Season 1- Pages 1-3
Season 2- Pages 4-6
Season 3- Pages 6-8
Season 4- Ongoing :D

Last edited:
Nice to see a lot of followers!

People have maybe read but theres not much to say so far but good luck, update your transfers and pre-season etc then people will be more interested.

Good luck :p

New Vale manager completes exciting double swoop

di+late.jpg

Today new Port Vale manager Daniel Oakes has swooped to bring two exciting signings to Vale Park. The first deal was agreed yesterday to bring former Stoke city defender Ritchie De Laet to Vale Park on a season loang loan. ''I am ecstatic to bring a player in of Ritchie's class and he will be a great addition to the club and will add iron to our defence in our promotion bid. The second deal was agreed just a couple of hours ago as former Chelsea midfielder Joe Keenan. ''Joe will be a fantastic player for Vale as he is versatile, he can play in the left defence, left midfield and central midfield positions and I believe he will provide stiffer competition to Tommy Fraser and Jason Jarrett.

In other news, Port Vale manager has agreed to play two friendlies at Vale Park. The first will be against Crystal Palace and the second against moneybags Manchester City. I do not expect to win any of these matches but I expect that our boys will give it their best shot. It is also understood that these two fixtures will generate great revenue for the club.

Last edited:
mate my story gets hardly any comments dont worry about it people are still viewing. plus at the end of the day you're the one whos gonna look back on it and you'll be happy you did the story and all your achievments (hopefully) are there for everyone to see ;)

Also make sure you get a decent parent club as this was crucial for me in my current brentford save, got merida, barazite etc on season long loan deals. so whoever you get it is a nice boost to the squad.

also good signing in de laet and look at Gareth Williams (MC). good luck mate.

It came back with no result for parent club but will try again! I dont really need a centre midfielder I really need a striker to be honest. Might try and get Harewood on loan

Pre-season Update

View attachment 24866

I am pretty happy with the lads performance over our friendly matches. I am especially pleased with our display against Palace. We could have won that game but I am less than impressed conceding six against Man City. However with that said, it was just a run out for the boys preparing them for the season ahead.

Here are the transfers manager Daniel Oakes has made in the window.

View attachment 24867

I am very happy with my signings in this window. I am especially happy with getting Joe Keenan and Ritchie De Laet as I believe that they will step straight into the first team. I also think that Subotic and Topp will challenge for there place and we now have some competition for our striker position. I am also very happy with the signing of Thai striker Supat Rungratsamee. I went against my scout with this one, he used to play for Portsmouth and I believe he will develop into a good player for us in a couple of seasons.

sellin geoff horsfield? what are you doing, he's such a ledge.
but hey good few signings, ritchie de laet is absolute class, the reason my charlton side got promoted from league 1. ill be looking out for this story. good luck mate :)

Thankyou so much for the support

As soon as I saw the team I knew it would be you Oakesy, Good luck mate! :)

Thank you mate good to see followers well done on avoiding relegation......Lucky Git!!!

Thanks mate, I just guess the FM gods were looking down on me :D

Good to see them look up to somebody. Well...Update time.

Life Long fan may not be enough to take the club forward

View attachment 24985

6,296 fans gathered to see Daniel Oakes' first game in charge at home to Rochdale end in a draw.
This was a very good match and I am pleased with how the boys played. I believe we had enough chances to win this game but I am happy with the effort.

View attachment 24986

Although we lost this match, I am happy with how we played we were never expected to win the game but we scored a goal at Blackpool and caused them worry throughout the match. I don't know why the fans were so disgusted with the result because this team are two leagues above us and were expected to beat us.

View attachment 24987

I am a little disappointed with this result as it was a very dour game and we deserved a result from it. I fully expect my players to improve their finishing for future matches.

View attachment 24988

I am delighted with this win, especially with it being away from Vale Park. We finally made our chances pay and deserved our win.

View attachment 24989

I am very disappointed with this defeat. We were favourite to win this and I fully expectd us to win the game. However we dominated the game but did not take our chances and they took one of their only chances and won the game.

Decent start mate and yeah I like the update ;)

I dont know why but I have bought that Rungratsamee. He has the worst stats in the world. I just have a feeling I can make him good lol. He used to play for Pompey so surely he cant be that bad lol? Have look at his stats on yor game he will probably make you feel sick!

Sounding like that I don't think I want to! :p

Haha just look it will make you laugh! Surely they can only improve! Anyway Ive loaned him out to Market Drayton which is like 5 miles from me

Status
Not open for further replies.