boogaloochimp

Reaction score
Ok, what's the deal with Theo Walcott? I cannot for the life of me get the best out of him. I've tried him AMR and Striker, both with and without creative freedom, as a poacher, winger advanced forward [supply running onto ball] and still he's one of my lowest rated players [6.6 in march]. I'm not shifting him about too much so he at least gets a chance but i can't get him performing, he's happy enough as well [no problems motivating himself]. Is there maybe a change in training or certain players that complement him? I play Milevskyi as the main target man [sold van Persie and Eduardo - overpaid and underperforming] and usually a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 Direct.
Is it worth my patience for his future development or should i cash in on him [if anyone will buy him]?

Personally if that is happening I would cash in on him but I am sure others will think differently and be much more help. It is up to you though mate.

Give him another half season maybe, then if it's still the same then offload him. He works wonders with me at AMR (but I have him on FS training (Holy Training Pack)). And I play JPWoody's 4-5-1 high scoring tactic, and he's one of the highest average rating throughout every season. I'd keep him, put him on his own training schedule that'll help him on the wing.

Quite poor in game IMHO, I would sell him, look to raise funds for a replacement.If he aint doing the job, why keep him?

Played really well for me AMR, winger. Chipped in with a few goals too.

i sold him straight away as arsenal for 14m.
his stats are useless, hes fast and nothing else. just like real life i suppose

his allways been terrible for me on fm2010 too whenever i have signed him i was hoping he would be a class player on fm10 like he was on 09 he became top class

Walcott is brilliant. I had Eduardo first season as striker & Walcott played as a rotation player as both winger left & right & Striker as Eduardo scored 30 goals in 35 app first season.
Second season played striker for most of it as sold Eduardo for £17.75m to Real after his great year but didnt really go up in value, potential or stats so cashed in & Walcott flourished.
You do have to look after Walcott mind. I made my own training for him & concentrated on technial & finishing ability only & he now has 14 finishing & 15 dribbling along with other stronger stats now.
Hes one of those "hidden stats" players.

Personally I have never seen him perform. He just seems to be very very average.
I'd sell him if I were you, with his hype you should get a good sum of money for him.

If he's not doing well, sell him and buy a better player...there are many better than him, and that demand less wages...in my arsenal game, I retrained him as an AMC (I don't think he has good enough attributes for a striker, and my formation doesn't have wingers)...and I just use him as an impact sub...he does okay..scores a few, and his pace is incredible...but I think if his attributes don't improve much for you, there's no hope really...he can't be a first choice striker for a team like arsenal with all mediocre attributes apart from pace...

Hes been brilliant for me , im in my 3rd season and hes in my first team up front with Dzeko , teans cant handle his pace,

I have got some decent results with Walcott. Stats havent improved dramatically, but they are all steadily imrpoving, he's currently worth £11M second season, scored 5 and assisted 5 in 15 games. Not bad really. I play him in a 4-3-3:

Sagna-Senderos-Vermaelen- Clichy
Ramsey/Denilson-Montolivo/Song-Fabregas
Eduardo (MONSTER!)- Van Persie/Dzeko- Walcott/Vela.

Top of the league, current champions. Low scoring, but successful formation.

In my opinion his technical stats are seriosly bad for a player who does so well for me

Impact sub imo, bought him at valencia, wokred wonders for me under that role. Poacher, almost a goal per game, has to be a good ratio