rdouglasncfc

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Rhys.

I produce Football Manager videos on YouTube and wanted to share with you my adventure of trying to help take Tottenham to the next level as consistent Premier League winners & Champions League challengers.

As I'm not a fan of self promotion, I will be providing summaries of each episode so you can just read and follow my journey but if you wish to watch me in action then links will be provided. I will be looking to prioritise the development of British youth such as Harry Kane, Ryan Mason etc but I will be looking into foreign players where necessary to improve the team.

My first episode simply introduces you to the team I have created before our season kicks off. We have already finished pre-season and I go over a new 4-3-3 formation I will be trying to use with the club. There have been a number of transfers in and out of the club such as: In - Ryan Shawcross (CB), Sofiane Feghouli (RM), James Milner (CM), Andriy Yarmolenko (LM), Miroslav Klose (ST). Out - Nacer Chadli, Roberto Soldado, Andros Townsend, Emmanuel Adebayor, Nabil Bentaleb (Loan).
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 1| MY EPIC JOURNEY BEGINS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_uBkJibK-Y

In the second episode our season kicks off. My first professional game in charge is in the Premier League against our biggest rivals Arsenal! A narrow victory gives us the confidence to thump Lokeren in the first leg of the play-offs to qualify for the Europa League. This is followed by even more goals as we walk all over newly promoted Burnely to make it 10 goals in 2 games!
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 2 | LOVING THE BIG SCREEN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkWir5JE0Y

Part 3 begins with the second leg of the Europa League play-offs vs Lokeren. Carrying a 5-0 lead in the first leg presented a great opportunity to learn more about what my team can offer. Some of these fringe players fail to impress though in a 0-0 draw. After confirming our qualification, we are drawn in Group C of the Europa League alongside Celtic, Zurich & Mlada Boleslav. When we return to the Premier League, our lack of cutting edge over Lokeren shows as we draw 1-1 vs Southampton but we recover brilliantly for a dominant 4-0 over Crystal Palace to wrap things up and end the episode top of the Premier League after 4 games.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 3 | EARLY INJURIES!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msr5_xFCB0A

Part 4 begins with our first game in the Europa League group where we take on Celtic. It's a key opening game as we are both favourites to progress from Group C but I suffer my first defeat as Tottenham manager 1-0. With so many of our players injured, the highlight of the game goes to academy youngster Daniel Akindayini who nearly scores on his debut! We return to the Premier League and continue our positive opening form with a 2-1 win over West Ham. Eriksen gets 2 goals and puts his claim down for being our first choice left winger and adding pressure to our summer winger recruits. To wrap it up we are looking more comfortable with a professional 2-0 over Swansea to keep Spurs top of the League!
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 4 | ACADEMY PROSPECTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nySX0I4U8

Part 5 begins in the Premier League against one of the title favourites in Manchester United. The Red Devil's chemistry has developed much more rapidly in Football Manager than in real life but we pull through 2-1 winners at White Hart Lane thanks to goals from Kane & Shawcross's first for the club. Returning to the Europa League Group Stage, we are in need of a win against Zurich. It results in our second 2-1 win of the day but Kane is nowhere near as clinical in front of goal. We are then shocked at the end with a 1-0 loss to QPR, we are simply unable to put the ball in the net and we finish the episode 2nd in the League.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 5 | NERVOUS KANE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6bOmz7SPYs

Part 6 starts the episode against another top team in Liverpool, we need to show our loss to QPR was just a blip and goals from Milner & Yarmolenko earn us a 2-2 draw. It's a huge moment for Yarmolenko who has struggled to impress since his summer move until now. Our 2nd game is again in the Europa League group against Mlada Moleslav. Looking for a 2nd win in the group to get into the top 2 picture, I drop Kane who is out of form and replace him with academy youngster Daniel Akindayini (Klose is currently injured). Akindayini's first scoring appearance earns him a hat-trick in a dominant 5-1 win. We wrap up against Sunderland in the league where goals from Lamela, Yarmolenko's 3rd goal in 3 games & another goal from Akindayini ensures the episode is dedicated to him in a 3-0 win. We finish the episode dropping another place to 3rd.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 6 | ALL ABOUT AKINDAYINI!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BEo-C4mCAw

Part 7 starts in the 4th round of the Capital One Cup against QPR, the perfect opportunity for revenge so soon after our League defeat to them. Kane returns to the starting 11 in lethal form. His 2 goals contribute to a comfortable 4-1 win, the others coming from Vertonghen & Capoue. Our second game is in the Premier League against West Brom but we drop points with a dull 0-0 draw. Game 3 returns to the Europa League against Mlada Moleslav. They must still be licking their wounds of our first victory against them because 2 more goals from Kane as well as Captain Milner & a Feghouli results in a 4-1 win. Another draw in the Premier League though has seen us drop for a 3rd consecutive episode and we finish in 4th.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 7 | UNBEATABLE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KplvtvTZgz0

Part 8 presents 2 Premier League fixtures to win maximum points and stop our slow dip down the table. It starts against Hull where Kane who is back in deadly form gets the only goal in a 1-0 win. Our slow tempo continues against newly promoted Leicester. Huge favourites to win & Kane bags another goal (his 4th in 3 games) but it's not enough and we share the spoils with a 1-1 draw. There is a big incentive however in our third game. We take on Celtic in the Europa League & I'm looking for revenge after they handed me my first professional defeat in charge of Spurs. We come into the game looking for our 4th straight victory in the group & will qualify for the knockout rounds with a win. We dominate the game and goals from Chiriches, Eriksen, Kane & Vertonghen seal a sweet 4-0 win. To round up a good day, we are through to the Knockout Stages of the Europa League and we rise 1 place up to 3rd in the Premier League.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 8 | BEST FOR LAST!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPTIiDfd06k

Part 9 is nice and easy. 3 Premier League fixtures & 9 points to try and push our way back to the top of the Premier League. We start against Swansea and 2 goals from Lamela secures a comfortable 2-0 win. It was the perfect start but it's value is lessened with a 0-0 draw against Stoke in our second game. This was not the result I wanted. I was really hoping we could have 2 wins to build the momentum to take on Manchester City full of confidence. Although I'm nervous, goals from Yarmolenko & Klose put us 2-1 up at half time & I'm ecstatic but we finish dropping more points and it ends 2-2. We finish the episode where we started in 3rd. Manchester United top the table just 1 point ahead of us so we finishing wondering what could have been.....
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 9 | DROPPING POINTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neeqY-WcfYI

Part 10 is all over the place. We begin with our final Europa League group game against Zurich. With qualification already secured, I put out a weakened side in order to give some fringe players some minutes and it's Yarmolenko who takes the plaudits with the only goal in a 1-0 win. Next up is Chelsea in the Premier League. Resting key players before this game allowed me to play my strongest side possible but its tough to weigh up with another game against Manchester City just around the corner. Kane does give us a 1-0 lead at half time but again we cannot hold on and it finishes 1-1 to add to a number of draws already in the Premier League. To wrap up we take on Manchester City in the Capital One Cup Quarter Final. I'm blown away with our performance. Goals from Bembele and a hat-trick from Kane finishes in a 4-0 walk over to Spurs. As Karma for this great victory, we finish the episode 5th in the Premier League.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 10 | PAIN & ECSTASY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oBRb94Jmiw

Part 11 is another dedicated to just Premier League fixtures. Seeing as we start the day in 5th & our minimum expectation is to finish in the top 3/4, we must take full advantage. It starts brilliantly against Aston Villa, who simply cannot handle us. The goals are shared by Feghouli, Kane, Klose & Kaboul for a thumping 4-0 win. Our inconsistency continues though and we are unable to beat an inspired Tim Krul and draw 0-0 against Newcastle. After drawing yet another game, we recover beautifully in time to record a 2-0 win over Everton thanks to goals form Yarmolenko & Kane who are quickly becoming our players of the season. 7 points from 9 available sees Spurs raise to 3rd in the Premier League.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 11 | TOP CLASS GOALKEEPING!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JewFAbRCQR0

Part 12 brings the magic of the FA Cup & hopefully the start of another good cup run. January has begun so I explain my budget situation & ask for transfer recommendations. We start the day against Arsenal looking for a rare league double over the Gunners. Kane gives Spurs a 1-0 lead at half time & while riding our luck at times, a 90th minute equaliser from Giroud spoils our celebrations so the points are shared. Looking to avenge this pain we demolish Sunderland in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. A first half hat-trick from Lamela puts us comfortably 3-0 at half time. Sunderland pull one back through Fletcher to make it 3-1 but I tell my players to keep attacking which results in Kane & Yarmolenko adding to the score sheet for a final score of 5-1. To wrap up we face Burnley in the Premier League. Our Cup Victory has filled us with confidence & Shawcross makes it 1-0 at half time. Kane adds a second and even though we unfortunately don'd add more to the score, Burnley's lack of attack makes our performance feel all the more dominant! 4 points from 6 available in the League sees us finish the episode as we started in 3rd.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 12 | CUP THRASHING!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3QZ1NymkAg

In between parts 12 & 13, I have been very active in the transfer market. I offered out Chiriches (£15M) & Capoue (£10M). Manchester United are clearly looking for options to improve their defence because they agree to the offers and both players pack their bags for Old Trafford. Seeing as I'm targeting British players & Manchester United now have 2 new players, I enquire about Phil Jones's availability. United respond saying they will accept an £18M bid which I am prepared to pay. Seeing as I already have plenty of options in central defence (Vertonghen, Shawcross, Kaboul, Dier), I am going to see if I can evolve Jones into an effective Defensive Midfielder and he becomes my first signing in January. Having moved him into the U21's Fazio also moves on from the club after I accept an £8M bid from Newcastle. As a huge surprise towards the end of January, the agent of PSG youngster Marquinhos is offering out his client for an incredibly cheap £1.8M. I immediately put in a bid and although he asks for a lot of wages we confirm the signing of the Brazilian Wonderkid!

Part 13 starts against Southampton in the Premier League with a new player (Phil Jones) in the starting 11. Looking to prove our recent transfers have improved our squad, Yarmolenko, Lamela, Kane & a 2nd from Yarmolenko all in the first 45 mins seal an easy 4-0 win. We therefore couldn't be in better spirits for the 1st leg of the Capital One Cup Semi Final vs Arsenal at White Hart Lane. An early goal from Walcott is ruled offside and gives us the wake up call we need where Kane & Yarmolenko get the goals for a 2-0 lead after 90mins ahead of the 2nd leg. To wrap up we are against Watford in the 4th round of the FA Cup. A bit of pinball action between Eriken and Watford's Goalkeeper Bond gives us a 1-0 lead at half time. Watford come out with real purpose and grab a deserved equaliser through Deeney. In the final few minuted Ryan Mason steps up to score a screamer and send us through to the 5th round. Our thumping win over Southampton send us to 2nd in the Premier League to finish the episode.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 13 | BEST BARGAIN EVER?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bFm3VykdSc

Part 14 begins in the 2nd leg of the Capital One Cup Semi Final vs Arsenal at the Emirates. We struggle going forwards but some wonderful tackles and interceptions frustrate Arsenal to 0-0 after 45 minutes. Arsenal's chance finally came after 75mins where Cazorla has an empty net to shoot into on the angle but his effort goes in off the leg of Welbeck who was offside and the goal is ruled out. The game finishes 0-0 and Spurs are through to the final! Our 2nd game is back in the Premier League vs West Ham. Eriksen & Mason give us a 2-0 lead. Carlton Cole's tidy finish presents West Ham the chance to get back into the game but Yarmolenko adds another to make it 3-1 at half time. In the second half Yarmolenko grabs another 2 to complete a hat-trick & Eriksen gets on the score sheet too for an incredible 6-1 win. Our 3rd game is against top of the table Manchester United at Old Trafford. Rooney is unstoppable and his 2 goals puts us 2-0 down in under 20mins. Some smart passing play presents Eriksen to grab a goal back before half time. We are much better in the second half and another goal from Yarmolenko steals an equaliser. The game finishes 2-2 and our unbeaten form continues. Because of our cup commitments, we are a game played behind everyone in the league so we finish the episode dropping to 4th.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 14 | GAME BREAKING EQUALISER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUCpYLR37Fw

Part 15 is quite a quick video due to a fraps fail but presents lots of goals in quick entertaining highlights. We start in the Premier League where goals from Yarmolenko & Eriksen seal a 2-0 victory over rangers who still make me think of my first defeat in charge every time we play them even after this amazing run we are on. Next up is more FA Cup action in the 5th round against Wigan where its fair to say draws have been kind to us so far. A penalty from Yarmolenko, a rare goal from Kaboul & stunning free kick from Eriken wrap up an easy 3-0 win and we progress to the next round. Finally we return to the Europa League in the 1st leg of the 1st knockout round against Feyenoord. Eriksen puts us 1-0 up. Feyenoord's only chance on goal in the entire game comes from Colin Kazin Richards who takes advantage of an error from Shawcross to level the game at 1-1. Phil Jones then scores his first goal for Spurs with a great header from a corner to give us a slight aggregate lead of 2-1 to finish the episode. Our early win against QPR moves us up another place to 3rd in the Premier League table.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 15 | WHOOPS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upjRw7w3x_k

Part 16 begins against Liverpool in the Premier League. Our win over Feyenoord at the end of episode 15 saw Spurs reach 30 games unbeaten in all competitions and the Reds seemed determined to spoil our celebrations. Although Yarmolenko scores a very early penalty, Liverpool respond with goals from Sturridge and Sisto (new signing) puts us 2-1 behind in under 15mins and it stays that way until the full time whistle is blown. Game 2 is the 2nd leg of the 1st knockout round of the Europa League against Feyenoord. It is a tale of 1 goal in each half. Mason in the 1st 45mins & Eriksen in the 2nd finishes 2-0 and Spurs are comfortably through into the 2nd knockout round. To wrap up we have a trip to Wembley where we face Southampton in the Capital One Cup Final! It turns out to be a nervy game but in the 77th min, Spurs are awarded a penalty which Yarmolenko converts and ends up being the difference. Tottenham win the Capital One Cup & it's my first trophy in charge!
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 16 | MY FIRST TROPHY?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnORyceoQE

Part 17 starts with our toughest draw in the FA Cup yet & allows us to hunt for revenge over Liverpool who brought our amazing unbeaten run to an end. Lamela's goal gives us a slight 1-0 lead at half time. Eriksen makes things comfortable grabbing our 2nd & a our dominance is wrapped up in added time with Feghouli to give a final score of 3-0 where we will be at Wembley again in the FA Cup Semi Final. We stay in Merseyside for game 2 in the first leg of the 2nd knockout round of the Europa League (this titles never get shorter) vs Everton. Ben Davies's first goal for Spurs gives us the lead & Harry Kane adds a 2nd (his first goal in what feels like forever) to make it 2-0 at half time. The second half is about keeping composed and it finishes 2-0. To wrap up a goal fest episode, we take on Hull in the Premier League. Yarmolenko scores in the 3rd min for a quick start to the game and that is how it stays until half time. That's when the fun starts. Vertonghen makes it 2-0, Lamela makes it 3, Kane adds a 4th & Lamela gets on the score sheet again to wrap up a great 5-0 victory. 10 goals scored, 0 conceded, somehow we still only finish the episode 5th in the Premier League.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 17 | REVENGE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQo31G3ZoJs

Part 18 begins with the 2nd leg of the 2nd knockout round of the Europa League vs Everton. We come into this game with a 2-0 aggregate lead. The first half ends 0-0 in a balanced tie but we push on in the 2nd 45 & Klose scores twice to end the tie 2-0 and a 4-0 overall victory. On the back of this, we return to the Premier League vs Crystal Palace. Harry Kane has a goal ruled out for offside in the first half and we attack well but just can't quite find the net so the first half ends 0-0. Knowing how close they are to running riot, I change as little as possible and Kane makes the breakthrough. Yarmolenko adds to his tally and Kane gets a 2nd for an easy 3-0 victory to end. Our last game is vs Swansea in the Premier League. Kane gets another goal adding to his recent good form but we never add to it and the game ends 1-0. Although there are minor suggestions we are getting tired, we do end the episode back in the top 4 on goal difference but we have played at least 2 games less than most others and are only 4 points off being 2nd in the table.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 18 | BACK INTO FOURTH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCx6sT57C7U

We've moved into April now for Part 19. It starts against Sunderland in the Premier League who are in the bottom 3. Eriksen gives us the lead in the first half but after that it's all about defenders as Vertonghen & Rose score to wrap up a 3-0 win. Next up is Stoke also in the Premier League. Eriksen is the man of attention scoring twice before half time to give us a 2-0 lead. The second half is very uneventful ending in a 2-0 victory (our 10th in a row and all without conceding a single goal). At this point we've started picking up injuries and it leaves us putting out an unusual first 11 in the first leg of the Europa League Quarter Final vs Mainz. Mainz have been hyped to really struggle against us but they boast the competitions top goal scorer (Ocazaki). He opens the scoring with his 19th in the Europa League this season. Spurs equalise with Eric Dier's first goal from the club but Okazaki puts us behind again! Fortunately we are fighting just as hard an equalise for a 2nd time thanks to Lamela and this is all in the first half. Unfortunately the second 45 isn't quite as intense so the game ends 2-2. With 31 games played in the Premier League now we are still 2 games behind everyone but finish the episode in 3rd just 8 points off Manchester United at the top of the league.
Football Manager 2015 | Spurs | Part 19 | GROWING CONCERNS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEezf4dtSL4