Right guys, I'm Liverpool and I went to buy Jovetic for £4m and Lucas - They accepted however Lucas rejected this contract. Now whenever I go to bid for him, they want about £25-30m for the lad and because I am Liverpool I only have £2m to spend! However I have raised a further 13million... Is there anyone you'd recommend selling so I could buy him? I have already sold Voronin and Babel. Kuyt perhaps? Thanks in advance.

Right guys, I'm Liverpool and I went to buy Jovetic for £4m and Lucas - They accepted however Lucas rejected this contract. Now whenever I go to bid for him, they want about £25-30m for the lad and because I am Liverpool I only have £2m to spend! However I have raised a further 13million... Is there anyone you'd recommend selling so I could buy him? I have already sold Voronin and Babel. Kuyt perhaps? Thanks in advance.
Id sell Kuyt,Lucas, and controversially try and sell Gerrard for about 40-50 million.

Thanks JP, that isn't a bad shout actually - But I am only recieving 50% of all transfer money made so would you say it'd be worth it? And Kuyt on Lucas going on the transfer list

Thanks JP, that isn't a bad shout actually - But I am only recieving 50% of all transfer money made so would you say it'd be worth it? And Kuyt on Lucas going on the transfer list
Id didnt know that,your going to have to bring in the bargains.Looks like managing Liverpool will be a good challenge this year.

Id didnt know that,your going to have to bring in the bargains.Looks like managing Liverpool will be a good challenge this year.

Yea it is tough bringing in players, and with Aquilani injured till October there is not a lot of depth in the CM position Oh well, looks like I might have to take the good old ''sell half the reserve team on the highest wages so I can budget adjust'' approach - However I beat City 4-0 at the City of Manchester, I do think that transfers aside it is a bit easier this year.

You do know that Rafael becomes a world megastar

one mate ive already said i need someone for now not the future and also my coach reports for rafael are telling me that they dont think he has the potential to become as good as maicon...

Honestly mate, don't listen to your scouts/coaches - They are ******* dreadful.

well said bigal too true and yeah rafael turns out quality but each to their own buy who ya like.

Stop spamming this thread with private conversations.

i need a CM and first team/back CB for arsenal i only have around 12m left so 6mil on both would be fine

Seems there arent as many bargains as previously - however hard you look. On 09 you could get Opare, Santon, Batoltelli, Matias Fernandez (my best ever signing), Sakho, and more all for under 10m each.
And I could alwaysd get rid of Park really easily.
Can't believe you paid 102m for a right back. UTD are really struggling for attacking options straight off - they have 4 decent RBs.
There also doesn;t seem to be as many really really good players out there? Any thoughts?

Started with Liverpool. Gave myself a one time budget boost with FMRTE (Screw you, Tom Hicks!). Started myself with a $25M transfer budget. I dont use FMRTE during the game usually, but do like to give myself a nice transfer budget to start with. Hicks stepped in and sold Phil Degen for $5M to Birmingham... which I would have been happy to do anyway. So that gave me around $30M to work with.

So... Ribery can't be bought, apparently. I made some outrageous offers just to see what would land him... $120M wouldnt do it.

I got Srna for $17.5M and Blaise Matuidi for $9.25M. Works out well. Srna plays left full back mostly, but can play all over, and since he was cup tied to Shaktar and is CL ineligible it lets me rotate him in for EPL matches and rest Aurelia and sometimes a winger (Babel, Kuyt, Benayoun or Riera) for mid week CL matches. Matuidi is just nice depth behind Aquilani/Masch and Lucas. I like playing with an actual DM, not just a MC set to defensive duties, and I like to play Aquilani in the midfield as a support player... so I wanted a little more depth behind Lucas. Matuidi serves that role well, was cheap enough, and has plenty of promise for the future. Pretty much all the other midfielders are offensive players or wingers... except for Gerrard, but I like playing him as a AMC/support striker behind Torres alone up front.

Team is playing pretty well and off to a nice start. 4-1-0 in the league (drew against Everton).

I agree that there are less bargains than in the past. I like it though... it makes its feel like there's more of a market... that assets are more scarce than in the past.

I think it's more realistic that there are less bargains because with the market prices escalated as they are, it does provide a better reflection of the footballing world today.

im celtic who should i sign got about 5 million left.

ins
vladimer manchev cska sofia 700 000
didier hamman(spellingoO)) free
emre 2million
marc munsia 350 k from barca wonderkid(A)
craig conway 1.1 million

Last edited: