Recent content by aquina

  1. A

    Converting a RB to LB

    Well, in my case it's not easier because I have 3 RBs and 2 LBs. One of the LBs is getting too old and the extra RB will end up not playing that much because 2 RBs are enough. Would be an easy solution to switch one RB to LB and eventually sell the old LB without having to buy new players or...
  2. A

    Converting a RB to LB

    Has anyone tried converting a player to the other side of the pitch? Will he ever be as good or just good enough on the other side? In my case, the RB has a very good right foot but weak left. If I convert him to a LB, will this be a major problem? PS: don't ask "why would you want to do...
  3. A

    Backroom advice interpretation

    I'm with you on that and of course I didn't say he'd do the job for me. But it's obvious to me that there could be advantages in following his pre-match advice. I mean, if he says that the other team struggles against 4-5-1, deep line, fast tempo and narrow formations, why would i keep my...
  4. A

    Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

    Hi everyone! Here are some quick questions 1. Sometimes my players kick the ball out when there's an obvious pass to a team mate and when he's not really under pressure. What's wrong and how do I fix it? 2. My free-kick taker always shoots and never passes. How do I change this? 3. If I'm...
  5. A

    Backroom advice interpretation

    Hi all! Before a match, my assistant recommends playing with: - a certain formation - a certain defensive line - a certain width - a certain tempo 1. Should I trust him and change this before a match every time? 2. Because I keep changing formation following his advice, in Match Preparation my...
  6. A

    Selfish wingers

    Great ideas! I'll definitely try those! I thought about reducing the 'run with ball' but the truth is I still want the winger to run but only if he has free space ahead (and sometimes dribble). I can imagine that by tweaking the crossing options he won't dribble as much but will cross earlier...
  7. A

    Selfish wingers

    that's exactlly what I'm trying to do.. how do you do that? i'll try support and through balls to start with. thx for your feedback!
  8. A

    Selfish wingers

    Hello everyone! I noticed that whatever tactic I use, my wingers always try to run and dribble even when they have an obvious back/side pass. They seem very selfish when compared to other players. Even my strikers pass back when they're out of options. It's hard to keep possession with the...
  9. A

    Transfer problems

    From the answers given so far: - i should sell my striker and buy a younger one, but that doesn't make much sense to me because he is already young and i might not have enough money to buy another one if i don't sell someone first. - or i should be good to him and improve our relationship so...
  10. A

    Transfer problems

    Hello everyone! I'm new to the game and have trained a team for one season. I now want to sell some players because they are old or causing too many problems and also to replace them for new better ones. Problems: - Transfer listed players don't get ANY offers. The asking price is close to...
Back
Top