Recent content by Cerpy

  1. C

    FM 14 is going to be my first FM.

    For your first save I would recommend picking a top club that you know well. When setting up your tactic try to emulate the club's real life tactic. It's easy to get confused at first, and having a singular focus will help keep you on track. Take you time when you first start, look through...
  2. C

    Fede Vico --- Cordoba

    Picked him up a season or two into my Anderlecht save. I play him as an inside forward AML, and he occasionally gets minutes as a winger AMR. Pretty good buy for mid-tier clubs, as I often have trouble finding quality inside forwards outside of those only interested in the top clubs.
  3. C

    Chelsea troubles... How original!

    Mata/Hazard swap positions throughout the game. Oscar drops deeper (training him in the correct ppm will help) to free up room for Mata/Hazard to move inside. I also picked up Lewandowski in the first season, and he performed decently, the goals however mainly come from the wide players. Mikel...
  4. C

    TEAM THREAD - CHELSEA - TACTIC DISCUSSION

    4-2-3-1 Finished 1st season 28-7-3 to take the league by a 16 point margin. Scored 86 and allowed 29. Spent the bulk of my transfer money on Lewandowski, and he ended up being rotated in and out with Torres. No other major transfers. 4-2-3-1 Ivanovic--Cahill--Luiz--Cole Fb's set to support...
  5. C

    Problems with Gotze

    Had great success with Gotze as AML-advanced playmaker-attack. Played with a 4-2-3-1 with a poacher up top. Gotze takes on the fullback, draws CB, and threads the ball through to your striker. I would suggest giving him a bit of creative license, and a bit of finishing training.
  6. C

    Post Your Frustrations

    Playing as Dortmund a couple of season in, I have won every game so far. 8th game of the season I come up against Bayern Munich, where I fall behind early by 2 goals. Eventually I take the lead 4-3, 4 minutes of added time. A long ball is played forward and Robben looks to latch on, but my...
  7. C

    A.Cole retirement.

    Not with Cole, but I had John Terry retire after the 1st season. I believe injuries can force an early retirement, but I wasn't able to catch what the reasoning was before I had noticed he retired.
  8. C

    Help on loaning out players

    right click on a player---->squad---->move to affiliate
  9. C

    Should I Set All My Players To Their Preferred Roles & Duties?

    Tough question to answer. You obviously wouldn't want to force a poacher into a target man role just to keep your tactics the same. There is usually quite a bit of overlap between the different roles, so if you have a preferred style of play you can certainly use a player in a role that isn't...
  10. C

    Budget Ajustment

    Isn't there a salary cap in the A-League? Similar to MLS? If so you wouldn't be able to increase your wage budget as it would be against league rules.
  11. C

    Defending??

    The first thing to look at would be the player roles and duties set for your midfielders. Second would be to take a look at the player instructions for each, consider changing their mentality to more support/defend level and increase the closing down slider. The attributes you seem to be...
  12. C

    Big Bug in Champions League Seed (FM2012)

    Yes the top 4 from LAST year qualified. THIS year only the top 3 will qualify. It is most certainly NOT a bug and seems to be a misunderstanding on your part.
  13. C

    Big Bug in Champions League Seed (FM2012)

    Beginning this season 4 Germany gets 4 spots for CL and Italy only gets 3. I'm not sure what the text says in the league rules but this is how it should be.
  14. C

    Trade FOR Draft Allocations (MLS)

    What plinie19 said is basically the only way to do it. As of right now there is no way to open up a bid for draft allocations, and offering players/making counter offers is the only way to obtain a draft spot. Hopefully htis is something that can be looked at in future iterations of the game.
  15. C

    Post Your Successes

    Europa winners in my first year with AZ Alkmaar. Bit lucky, but I held back my secondary tactics all year until the late stages of the competition and they seemed to catch the opposition by surprise as I earned some surprising results.
Back
Top