Recent content by CleatsUp9

  1. C

    Most annoying injuries thread :)

    I sign Pastore to Aston Villa for $50M. In a friendly he tears his groin and is out 3 months.
  2. C

    A brief listing of the problems with MLS, by a former season ticket holder

    While this is true, it still represents a significant problem to American advertisers who are accustomed to A LOT of commercial breaks. There are media timeouts in mainstream American sports that are longer than usual simply so that there can be commercials. Watch any NFL/NBA/College football...
  3. C

    A brief listing of the problems with MLS, by a former season ticket holder

    Another thing is that kids here rarely focus on one sport. It's soccer/football in the spring, baseball in the summer, American football in the fall. I can't help but think that hurts development.
  4. C

    A brief listing of the problems with MLS, by a former season ticket holder

    I think the talent level of the MLS is its biggest problem at this point. The casual soccer/football fan here wants to see guys they know from international competitions like the World Cup or even Confederations Cup, but the vast majority of those guys (save Donovan) play in Europe. The Premier...
  5. C

    Greatest Victory Ever?

    9-3 combined victory over Man U in Champion's League as Aston Villa.
  6. C

    Managing in America

    Galaxy are a pretty talented side, but you have to deal with Beckham and Donovan immediately wanting to move to bigger clubs and it can be difficult to persuade them otherwise. For MLS, Tristan Bowen is a **** good youngster (assuming, as above, that you haven't updated since he's gone to Chivas...
  7. C

    Red Card for you lad!

    I have the same problem with Carlos Cuellar. When he got his 5th, I fined him a week's wages and he thought it was unfair and whined about it.
  8. C

    Strikers for Aston Villa

    I got Lukaku for Villa for only $10M and He's done well. Unfortunately he broke his jaw and my god, Heskey is sooo bad.
  9. C

    Which club for young English talent?

    Everton have Vaughan, Gueye, and Rodwell who are ready to play right away as youngsters. Coleman, Anichebe, Baxter, and Duffy aren't too far off. Small transfer budget though.
  10. C

    Funny/Random things in FM2011

    So...I don't even know how to describe this game. Not sure if it belongs here or in frustrations. Both my red cards were weak, then the play that hurts Beckford is a full out slide tackle from behind that nets no card. Check out when the goal was scored and my formation after the sendings-off...
  11. C

    4-2-2-2 "Il Devasto"

    I also have some defensive problems with it, but it's only with really good teams. Barca dropped 5 on me (Everton), though my best defender was out, and Arsenal got 6. I need to spend some of my $36M transfer budget on some new defenders. Vaughan and Rossi score nonstop with it though, it's...
  12. C

    Post Your Frustrations

    Second year with Everton, a club offers $15M for Fellaini and the board accept it without even consulting me, then in the next board confidence update, they say they are pleased with me but disappointed at the loss of Fellaini. WTF? You morons did it, not me.
  13. C

    Everton Guide

    Ah, thanks. I may have to try that out. Have you tried the "Ghost" tactic at all with Everton? That's what I've been using and done pretty well. Gueye is really good as AML and Pienaar does well as AMR with either Rodwell or Cahill at CM.
  14. C

    Everton Guide

    Vaughan (when healthy, which can be a problem) is a beast for me. I love having him. I've got Silva out on loan in my second year because I bought Giuseppe Rossi. Him and Vaughan have the pace to run defenses ragged. I'm trying to find buyers for Yakubu and Saha. I'll have to look into Marica...
  15. C

    Funny/Random things in FM2011

    In my second year with Everton Joseph Yobo was mad that he wasn't playing so he requested a transfer, called me out in the press, all that jazz, so I granted his wishes and sold him to Atletico Madrid. After the sale was all done and he was set to leave in the next transfer window (and without...
Back
Top