Recent content by Dagorath

  1. D

    Your Personal 'Death Team'

    In my recent stint in charge of Valladolid, we couldn't beat Almeria for two seasons running. They were the only team to beat us the second year - and did it twice. Though the third year, about a fifth of their team had been sold off and we stuffed them five nil at home and drew 1-1 away...
  2. D

    FM2011 Leaked info!!

    *shrugs* Never seen a "game breaking tactic".
  3. D

    FM2011 Leaked info!!

    Protip: Formation means very little, in terms of how the game defines it. Let's say you have that ridiculous 4-1-5 formation, but... where are those five players playing? The wide players may well be set quite defensively, so that they operate high up the pitch, supporting the attack but bomb...
  4. D

    FM Match Glitch

    Yeah, as far as I can tell it only very rarely applies tactical changes while a highlight is playing. If it does, it almost always means that the highlight is over and the ball has gone out of play for you to make a change... ...basically what everyone else is saying. Why am I posting. Oh well...
  5. D

    No skin color

    I have a Dutch goalkeeper who changes skin colour every three games. No, really. He started out black, then he's white, then black again, and now he's some white dude again. Either he has some serious medical issue or something is a little awry.
  6. D

    What type of Manager are you?

    Whoops, didn't see how old this was. *shiftyeyes*
  7. D

    Valladolid's Stadium...

    ...is curiously owned by their B-team, which means you can't get the board to expand it. Ever. Or, it would appear, do anything at all, like, I don't know, buy the damned place. In my march to glory game with Valladolid, I used FMRTE to modify the stadium capacity upwards each season when the...
  8. D

    What type of Manager are you?

    Incidentally there are more ways than you might think to build a rapport with a particular player. The best way is in fact not commenting on their form at all - but just to get the most out of them, IE play them in the right position, with the right tactics for their style of play. Another way...
  9. D

    JP Woody V4 Germany Style

    The AI uses that tactic a lot in la liga. ...I always beat those teams convincingly. Not sure what you might be doing differently to the AI, though.
  10. D

    Is successful counter-attacking possible at the top level?

    Hm. I always find if I use attacking, we move the ball too quickly and lose possession at the edge of their penalty area. Control seems to work better, and allows us to move the ball around in front of their area just enough to allow a run to happen, Ozil to receive a pass, and play in Forlan or...
  11. D

    4-6-0

    There's no correct way to set up any formation; there's just what fits the players you have. Even then, player roles are actually more important than the formation itself, and you should fit your formation to the roles you need the players to play in, not vice versa. ;)
  12. D

    4-6-0

    There's a couple of ways. No screenie, I'm afraid, at the moment... I might sort one out if nobody else does though. Firstly, you can play three flat midfielders across the middle, with a holding midfielder behind them and two attacking inside forwards wide. Secondly, you can play a normal...
  13. D

    4-6-0

    The idea of the formation is counter-rational in a way; 4-6-0 actually allows you to have three (or four) highly co-operative attacking players, because their starting positions are closer together - which in turn allows greater interchangeability. Wide midfielders can trade inside with the...
  14. D

    Post Your Successes

    Decided to start a new game as unemployed and expected to take over somewhere like Brentford or whatever. ...to my surprise, Valladolid came knocking and offered me a job. At first I wasn't going to take it, since I wanted to start in the lower leagues, but then decided that I pretty much was...
Back
Top