This video is probably the best introduction to regens I've found, it helped me a lot (although I had limited success finding the more exotic ones using the normal player search window, his second method worked well) How To Find The Best Wonderkids - FM14 Tips | Football Manager 2014 - YouTube
I can see going for a slightly longer pitch to increase the space between midfield and defence for your opponents to cover the onrushing attackers, but I was actually imagining people would be telling me to go with a wide pitch to avoid bunching my guys up too much in front of the goal. They...
Still seems to be working well on the new patch, I'm on track to reclaiming my league title with Spurs, and looking more convincing than the previous season.
One question, though: Any recommendations on pitch dimensions? I'm finally getting a new stadium for next season and will actually be...
Gah, this guy is looking beastly, although I just played Anderlecht in the CL and his biggest contribution was a red card for a tackle from behind on Jan Vertonghen. Also, I have too many talented young strikers for the 1 space, but **** he is tempting. My scouts don't seem to think he qualifies...
Keep in mind that some clubs don't have room for a bigger pitch. Spurs is one, both in the game and in the real world. In the real world they actually have to get dispensation for WHL being below standard measure.
So if there's no room... Build a new stadium is your only way, I suppose.
Won the Premier League by two points in my second season at Spurs (Man U lost in the last round, I won). But the best feeling was the season before: Cancelling the "special relationship" with Real Madrid.
Anyone else having their fullbacks be really inconsistent? I have Coentrao and Rose rotating on the left, Walker and Naughton on the right. Any given one of them will play a few games with alright but not spectacular ratings, then just completely out of the blue bomb completely, only to score...
This seems to be working better than my attempts to tweak a more traditional 4-3-3 with wingers, as I'm producing a fair bit more chances than I was. I seem to be collecting yellow cards at a pretty alarming rate, though. Anyone experimented with taking off the "get stuck in" instruction or...
Loved reading this so far, as I'm currently on season two with Monaco as well. Fun to see what we've done differently as well as what ended up the same. I signed Wellington Nem first season too, and went for Kozak a bit sooner than you, getting him in the first season. Also picked up Sissokko...
I'm not really seeing the same trend as you guys seem to. I'm currently in November of season 2 with Monaco. First season, I won the league cup and Liegue 2, this season I'm hovering around top third of the table with a board expectation of midtable. I've so far (within the last two months or...
Plenty of those moments, which is why there is an active 57 page thread on the subject...
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/106242-funny-random-things-fm2013.html
Don't really care one way or the other on the shirt thing, although with the way clubs fleece fans in the real game, I suppose it'd add realism.
As for the old manager thing... Yeah, I believe there is a forced retirement date but it's like 100 years. Turns out, we're all Alex Ferguson.