Recent content by darth_timon

  1. D

    There and Back Again

    Part Three: Moving into the 2017/18 season, I wanted to try and build upon the foundations I had laid. 2017/18 Once again Luis Suarez and Giuseppe Rossi were leading my attack, and the squad was largely unchanged from the previous season, but Eric Dier was starting to become more involved in...
  2. D

    There and Back Again

    Part Two: Where did we leave this adventure last time out? Ah yes, Liverpool had just won the Premier League title and the Champions League. All was good and right with the universe, but things wouldn’t stay that way. 2013/14 The irony about the 2013/14 season is that in reality, this...
  3. D

    There and Back Again

    So, many moons ago, I enjoyed an epic career on Football Manager 2012, arguably my most successful career on any FM game. It did have some low points, but it's probably the career I am most proud of. It begins with my beloved Liverpool... Part One: A while ago I attempted to write down what I...
  4. D

    Post Your Successes

    My late-game run of six Prem titles with Liverpool, accompanied by five consecutive Champions League victories, though I lost in my sixth Champions League Final and thus did not set a new record in that :(
  5. D

    FM21: Frustration and Rage Thread

    The biggest source of anger for me - and sometimes this has worked in my favour - are 'goals out of nowhere'. On previous FM games there is usually a build up to a goal, and then the flashing ticker to show that a goal's been scored. On FM21 goals can just 'happen', one second they're not there...
  6. D

    Shooting for the Stars

    Welcome back to Part Three: We left our Aldershot boys on the back of eight wins after ten games in charge, and a decent climb up the National League table. It was fair to say I’d enjoyed quite a good honeymoon period, so to speak, but would this form be sustainable? My 11th game in charge...
  7. D

    Shooting for the Stars

    Part 2 - Aldershot give me a Shot In Part One of my newest Football Manager adventure, I spent some time unemployed, waiting for someone to take a chance on me. In November Aldershot decided to give me that chance. Straight away I set up tactics I feel would work best, a kind of 4 2-2-2...
  8. D

    Shooting for the Stars

    Greetings everyone, and welcome to Darth Timon's journey from nameless, faceless manager to (hopefully) famous, successful manager, on FM21. For the first time on any FM game, I was looking to start out as a humble ex semi-professional footballer, seeking to try his hand at management. Onwards...
  9. D

    Hazza's Exploit - Anybody else wish there was a FM14 Tactic as strong as that was?

    Completely agree. I get that some people want realism. I really do. However, I play FM games to enjoy them and have a reasonable measure of success (I don't enjoy losing streaks- who does?). On my current save on FM14, I've gone from great form to really struggling for no reason, using tactics...
  10. D

    Bugs you've come across?

    I've had players play wildly stupid passes- like right across the face of their own goal when there are plenty of other options- and also pass the ball right to the opposition despite other, easier options being available. The passing in general seems off- in FM2012 a team with good passing...
  11. D

    Saved Game won't load

    Hi all, I have a saved game on FM2012, a save which has seen me reach the 2037/38 season, and when I tried to load the file today, it refused to load. Kept saying it could not be loaded. Is it possible to repair saved files? I really don't want this career to end just yet.
  12. D

    Attack! Attack! 4-1-1-2-2 By OoScotsmanoO (211 goals in 62 games most Clean sheets)

    Are there any tweaks for this tactic to keep it fresh? I've been quite successful with it so far but my side is starting to run out of steam.
  13. D

    The " I have a small question " thread

    Well, I've given up on FM. The games are just too hard now- that or I simply have zero luck. I've gone as far as to use the data editor to boost my team, and they STILL don't score goals, regardless of tactics. I think they need to simplify these games, because as they stand they are becoming...
  14. D

    The " I have a small question " thread

    Help! Basically, I'm trying very hard to not restart matches and force results, but I am getting toward the end of my patience with this game. I've tried several tactics over time, and my team just cannot or will not produce the goods. Is there any tactic for Liverpool I can use which...
  15. D

    [FM11.3]Zero Sea's Fairyland --Gorgeous,Let Weak Teams Play like Strong Teams!

    I have tried this tactic quite thoroughly with Liverpool (about a season and a half) and met with limited success- in my first season I tried a couple of different tactics and found this one to be the best, but to be honest, that's not sayingg much- after a great start to my second season I am...
Back
Top