Recent content by jamoiholland

  1. J

    Run on lower CPU priority

    Cheers, yeah that would do the trick. Pain in the arsenal to do it each time you load up FM though!
  2. J

    Go on holiday option..

    Yeah I hadn't thought about network games to be honest...
  3. J

    Chelsea sunk by Van Persie double

    Arsenal won't be able to do it this season, but next season could be the one if Arsene keeps that squad together and adds one or two experienced playes... Baggies for 17th, anything else a bonus lol
  4. J

    Run on lower CPU priority

    Hi all, there was an option in FM07 where on the command line for fm.exe you could add a parameter to run at a lower usage/priority of your CPU. I can't find the 07 commands anymore, and wondered if anyone knows if the same is in FM09? My PC ain't the best, so running anything else whilst FM is...
  5. J

    Go on holiday option..

    What's the point of the Holiday option anyway?!?
  6. J

    which database u using?

    My 5 year old PC has done my proud for ages, but this could finally be its match. The P4 2.6 gets caned pretty much all through the game, not just during matches and fixture processing. The fans spin louder under higher CPU load due to the temperature also going up under load, maybe Santa will...
  7. J

    transfer question

    I've never done this, but if you sell a player and you accept a bid with monthly installments, do the monthly installments go straight into your budget as well? Assuming you are in the postion where sale money does hit your budget, not get swallowed up by the club...
  8. J

    game is hard

    I'm playing with West Brom, I'm 19th at Christmas, so I'm running about 1 league place higher than real life. Will settle for 17th though, see how it goes...
  9. J

    How to buy players for less than their budget

    I might try the old 50% of next sale tactic then. I can't nornally afford to buy players that I'm not gonna keep for a long while, so that clause may not hinder me too much...
  10. J

    Flex09, DDS09 & iTunes skins for FM 2009

    Pretty similar...
  11. J

    The Free Players Thread

    My scout picked up Seyfo Soley too, then when I signed him it upset all my other players for some reason. That happens every so often with a player, how can you see this coming so can avoid buying such a player?
  12. J

    PES 2009

    I've finally broke into the first team in Legend mode, but half way through the season it is getting dull. I think as usual the best thing with PES for me will be playing online, especially once Virgin get their act together and upgrade our broadband, maybe get less lag fingers crossed...
  13. J

    The Free Players Thread

    Funnily enough the 36k I could offer didn't quite match the 62k he was on at Madrid, but to scouting the Championship then...
  14. J

    The Free Players Thread

    My scout didn't rate Ljungberg at all, but he might be a useful squad player at West Brom. Appiah wouldn't come to my club, I found him too. As for Van Der Vaart, if he fancies coming to the Albion I'll be shocked, here goes...
  15. J

    Flex09, DDS09 & iTunes skins for FM 2009

    Nice one. Loving Flex09, didn't like the iTunes one at all, but each to their own eh... Flex09 v1.1 still reported as v1.0 in the game's menu, but guessing that's just a bit of text to be changed somewhere in the skin files?
Back
Top