Recent content by NonLeagueHero

  1. N

    media handling

    I've now been sacked twice for my media handling after being in charge for less than 3 months. In both cases I took over with teams in the bottom half of the National League and was sacked with teams just outside the playoffs. In the last case I decided to track my media handling and what I...
  2. N

    Level 9 Tactics?

    Must admit, I've been struggling at the lower levels. This formation is doing OK for my Salford team at the moment. Key seems to be defensive stability so far but be warned this is far from a finished product! Don't expect to score many goals but also don't expect to concede many.
  3. N

    Why have i stopped creating chances and playing well?

    Without looking at your tactic file and stats of the playing squad in great detail it will be difficult to pick out any tactical matters. How are you approaching team talks? As well as tweaking your tactics over the season you need to adjust your team talks. I tend to find that as soon as the...
  4. N

    Favourite signing

    One for the lower leagues, Joe McKee ex of Burnley currently at Greenock is an absolute stormer to play in behind the strikers. Your coaches and scouts will tell you he's only Conference quality but his high ratings on set pieces means he can be carried and relied upon to deliver 20+ goals a...
  5. N

    Player has missed training 7 times and still complains when I fine him

    Sell him, not worth the hassle and will probably be moved on a lot in his career so stick a nice big sell on percentage!
  6. N

    Winning smaller league comfortably but no chance in Europe - what to do?

    You've got to play the long game if you want to succeed with smaller teams in Europe. It's taken me 7 years but my Shelbourne team have finally qualified from the CL groups (winning the group no less). I prefer building teams from scratch, so I buy young players with potential and develop...
  7. N

    Teams you are looking forward to managing next season

    Darlington 1883 and Salford City for me, one comes with a big fan base the other with big finances. Prime candidates for an English Hero challenge!
  8. N

    Questions from a starter.

    The view only option gives you access to a larger pool of players but without the need for the computer to process matches in detail (so you can't watch the highlights) I also think it largely ignores secondary cup, reserve and youth fixtures. Generally it is useful if you want a larger database...
  9. N

    Player unhappy and wants a loan, rejects all loan offers and won't sign a contract

    You can also play hard ball and threaten them with transfer listing if they don't sign a new contract. Just note that it does backfire sometimes!
  10. N

    Fitness in the lower leagues... are there any workarounds?

    What contracts are you signing these players to? You should look to only have a dozen or so on contracts, all the others should be on non-contract or amateur terms. I regularly had squads of 25-30 "first team" players at that level but with most on contracts where they only get paid by...
  11. N

    Fitness in the lower leagues... are there any workarounds?

    What tempo are you playing with? You can always play a pressing game with a lower tempo (although it is not always useful for comfortable results). You also need to manage the fitness in games, if you are 3-0 up and cruising switch to a much lower tempo, retain possession, don't look to score...
  12. N

    Second Nationalities - a question

    Morning folks, I'm currently about ten years down the line in an effort to make Ireland into a footballing world force, don't we love the realms of fantasy? Anywho, I'm managing Shelbourne & Ireland currently and I have developed Shelbourne into a powerful European team (ranked 33rd this...
  13. N

    Help vs. a tactic

    It's had a good effect, got me the point I needed for the title and should have been all three! Cheers for the help!
  14. N

    Help vs. a tactic

    Hadn't thought of it like that, will see how I can change things. Thanks for the patience!
  15. N

    Help vs. a tactic

    I look for the full-backs to recycle the ball, so when the wingers have bombed on and created an opening or lost the ball I look to the full-backs and midfield to act as a midfield 4 to win it back and put the ball back in the danger area. With the overlap duty taken away they sit more in line...
Back
Top