Recent content by Ronaldinho_Admirer

  1. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    YOUTH INTAKE I was chuffed to bits when our youth intake came through in mid-April. I put off writing a post about it at first because I was unable to register any of these guys to my squad due to registration rules. Our assistant informed me that this crop of players could turn into “a Golden...
  2. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    MAY UPDATE Herve Oussale hosted us for what he hoped would turn out to be a revenge game. Less than 5 minutes in the game Dosso picked out Tanoh perfectly with a whipped cross from deep on the byline. Tanoh headed beyond the keeper to give us the lead. N’Guessan had a big chance from a...
  3. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    APRIL UPDATE The month gets off to a bad start when Amara Diaby picks up an injury that could keep him out for a majority of the month. Derby day. For the first time since switching to our three at the back system we are threatened more than we are threatening our opponents. Africa...
  4. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    MARCH UPDATE This was really not what we needed right now. One of our most important players goes down for the rest of the season. We only had Bakary Bamba in our squad to be a goalkeeper so we were gonna have a greyed out option on the bench. I really didn’t like how much pressure the young...
  5. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    FEBRUARY UPDATE Tanoh gets let loose on the left flank and cuts back for Diaby to finish in the 6th minute. Straight from kick-off we’re pegged back as we fall asleep and Diane pokes it home after a Dion cross. Kangoute got up from a corner in the 67th minute but our effort was clawed away...
  6. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW I started off the new year with the first proper look at the books and boy we are not in a great place. Our youth scouting budget had run out (I wasn’t completely sure how it worked when I first started playing) and I had to try to get some funds to replenish them...
  7. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    I'm just gonna leave this here with absolutely no context.
  8. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    First league game of the season we got an away draw at ASI Abengourou. International call-ups made sure we were still missing three starters: Cisse, Koanda and Fonsinho. Diakite rattles the near post after some marvelous play by Fabius Dosso on 27 minutes. After having his finishing criticised...
  9. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    I've never been much good at journeyman saves so I'm hoping I do better this time, haha. Yeah the African leagues are really fun from my experience too!
  10. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    I'm expecting some real gems at ASEC thanks to their really good youth facilities so our team should hopefully improve through a few of these! I feel kinda cheap starting out as a powerhouse but I'd be struggling at a second division side for years most likely, aha. I'll try at a less...
  11. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    COUPE HOUPHOUET-BOIGNY With one trophy already in the bag from my first opportunity at silverware I was eager to collect another piece to add to the cabinet. It wouldn’t be so easy as to just turn up and receive it and especially so with us having to take on our arch rivals in Africa Sports...
  12. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    COUPE de la LIGUE It turns out the Ivory Coast has a different style for the way they lay out their season. Before the league campaign takes place all clubs in Ligue 1 take place in a four round tournament. I’m unsure how the framing of the tournament bracket gets decided but I’m excited for...
  13. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    TRANSFERS INS: Adama Diakite is a very interesting player; having played his entire career to this point for Italian youth sides. Diakite, 24, provides a versatile forward option and is a fantastic bench piece. Didier Zokora is the one you may all be familiar with. He’s an ASEC alum and is...
  14. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    1x CAF Champions League 25x Ligue 1 1x CAF Super Cup 18x Coupe de Cote d’Ivoire 15x Coupe Houpouet-Boigny PERSONNEL KEY PLAYERS: GOALKEEPERS: We have an interesting cast in goal for us. Cisse looks great with most of his core attributes being around 13. He will provide a stable base...
  15. R

    The Pentagon Challenge

    Hey guys and welcome to my first FM story since 2011. I tried a pentagon challenge on FM16 and had success in Africa but I lost my passion for the save. I’ve decided to try reboot it and to share my experience with the FM community. I have lost my love for the beautiful game in the past 18...
Back
Top