Recent content by The Yak

  1. T

    David Beckham goal v Greece in figures.

    Right, I'm going try not be so harsh (although it may be very difficult). Firstly, I thought this was meant to be funny because it is so bad it is nearly funny. Do you really want me to go through all the problems with it, because there are many? Firstly, you should correct your grammar...
  2. T

    The Who Shall I Manage On FIFA 12 thread

    No offence, but first thing fix your spelling and grammar. Secondly, it would help if you did a template or something so people were more in-depth about who they want to be. But I guess it's quite a good idea for a thread, just a shame you've created it so poorly. Sorry about being harsh...
  3. T

    Christmas 2011

    You mean pigs in blankets? They are nice, if you are referring to them! Yum! Sounds good, I'd love to have a new phone and a Mac for Christmas. If you're a bit skint, I would just get them a box of chocolates or something - otherwise (if possible - you need an adult with you) I would get...
  4. T

    Who's got the worse fans in the league?

    It's quite a good idea for a thread, although it will probably be extremely controversial and some people may be offended by it. I would be more specific, as well, such as saying which league (and moving this to 'English Football') and maybe getting some statistics (and also giving a reason) for...
  5. T

    Is it just me..

    I agree 100% with what you said! I hate it when it goes on and on about games which I really don't care about and then talk for ages on it (especially as it's Steve Claridge). I'd rather they just get on with all the matches and do a few slightly extended games (but still not too long) because...
  6. T

    Free Screen Recording Software

    Fraps do have a good trial which you can use, although it is significantly better if it's the purchased version. Camtasia Studio is fantastic, but as you said, it is paid software as well. I know CamStudio is a popular open-source screen recording software and I've also heard that Audacity is...
  7. T

    Is it just me..

    I agree with this, it is better than nothing. However, due to it being so poor, I would rather they just show the goals and not do any talking. That would be bliss! I know! It's always based around the 'big teams' (luckily Southampton are one of them) and the show is on so late, that after...
  8. T

    Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

    Fair play if you are going out as a Liverpool supporter and saying that their squad is not good enough for 'Winner' or 'Title Challenge' (I agree, by the way) but if you utilize their team well enough (especially Luis Suarez and Steven Gerrard), then you should be able to achieve what the board...
  9. T

    Patch 12.1 is out.

    What do you use then? uTorrent? The Pirate Bay? Unless you've downloaded the game illegally (not sure if it's still possible, though, due to the new Steam system), you're definitely using Steam to run your game. If you're not using a legal version, I wouldn't really talk about it on the forums...
  10. T

    Newcastle v Swansea - Dec 17; 1500 GMT

    Nice thread, mate! I think this game should be a fairly good one due to both team's being fairly on form and also having good team spirit. Are you allowed to make threads for single matches, or not, though? I'll definitely be watching this game on Match of the Day, though probably not live as I...
  11. T

    How do I unzip rar files?

    I would recommend using Google to find help, as it will be better and more specific to 7Zip. However, you should be able to just click 'Extract Here' or something like that to extract the contents from inside the ZIP file to the folder containing it. I have not used 7Zip before, personally, (I...
  12. T

    What Operating System do you use?

    I personally love Windows 7, but I am yet to try the Mac OS (although I have used many other types of operating systems). It's fairly surprising and interesting that no-one voted for 'Older than Windows XP' in the poll, as I would have thought some guy would be using something older. Does...
  13. T

    Hey everyone!

    I have to say, from first impressions, this forum looks very good and has a lot of activity - something which many other forums cannot boast about. I especially like the unique and creative theme, for vBulletin, which I haven't seen any other forum use before this one. Does anyone know if the...
  14. T

    Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

    If I'm honest, this is pretty strange. Normally, it is fairly constant and consistent, but I have to admit this is an improvement to previous versions, as it makes it more realistic due to the unexpectedness. I personally would think that it is because of what your start of season expectations...
  15. T

    The Arsenal Thread

    How do fellow Arsenal fans think of our season so far, may I ask? Good, bad or are you just content that we are now back at the top of the Premier League table? Of course, we couldn't done better earlier on but we are picking up form (and have already qualified for the Champions League Knockout...
Back
Top